Author Thread: I REALLY NEED SOMEONE TO HELP ME CHANGE MY THOUGHT.
Zimneno

View Profile
History
I REALLY NEED SOMEONE TO HELP ME CHANGE MY THOUGHT.
Posted : 29 Mar, 2016 08:51 AM

No one can be truly perfect in God's eyes... well at least that what everyone tells us.

God wants us to be like Christ, who is truly perfect.

I've led myself to believe that, life is like a test. If I pass, I'll go to Heaven. If I fail, I'll go to hell based on my grades. And there are only two grades: A and F. There are no B, C, D or E.

If God does want us to be perfect, then there also must be a way, through which we could become perfect.

If you believe that, what I've led myself to believe is wrong (which I hope is wrong ). Then please make your argument reasonable, logical, practical and support it with evidence. Because answer without any of the following won't satisfy me.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Apr, 2016 05:12 AM

I was trying to respond to the original writer and of course I made an error after I tried to cancel my response..........

So here was my original thoughts for what it's worth.

God knows it is impossible for humans to be perfect, and in his great compassion for his creation, he did make a provision for us to be perfect. He sent his son to take the punishment for our sin. It is by the shed blood on the cross, that we are made perfect in God's eyes. Our sin was forgiven and cleansed through the sacrifice of the Lamb of God. That provision God made is only available to those who have faith and believe. I have always used John 3:16 as the guidepost for salvation. IT is by faith in Jesus and acceptance of Jesus' sacrifice that allows us entrance to heaven........

Works will never get you to heaven. There is absolutely nothing we can do here on earth that will gets us to heaven except faith in Jesus.

It is such a simple thing.........yet everyone seems to have a hard time doing it. Faith and belief in our risen Messiah.

When Jesus was hung on the cross, one thief was admitted into paradise and one was not. All because of faith. No works at all.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Apr, 2016 07:00 AM

Amen to the above.

The verse that struck my heart first when I came to faith was "Be ye Holy, for I am Holy" 1 Peter 1:16

And that brought some serious fear to my heart at first, fear of God's justice and Righteousness. Fear to have to meet God as a filthy sinner. But God showed me the way out, Jesus Christ, faith in Him.. sincere faith that repents of sin, takes up his cross and follows Him.

You seem to be confusing 2 different topics. In the life of faith first there is justification, then there is sanctification.

Justification means, how can a sinner be justified before a Holy God? How can that sinner be declared righteous?

Answer: Only by faith in Jesus Christ, do we receive our justifiication before God. That faith is imputed to us as if we had lives His life, Holy and Pure, Blameless and perfectly obedient in all things, sinless. And that is because Jesus Christ was treated as if He committed our sins and lived our lives, by the Father, on the cross. So Jesus Christ got treated as if He led our lives, so we can be treated as if we led His life.

Now there's the fundament of salvation through faith, by grace alone (undeserved favour) apart from works.

Secondly Jesus Christ commands us to take up our cross and follow Him, a calling for obedience to Himself. The process of sanctification, our hearts are changed to hate sin and love holiness (rebirth see John 3). And we are moulded into the image of Christ more and more. And this also flows from the grace we have received at first (we are not left to ourselves to work this part out.. like the Galatians Paul addresses). In order to do this, God does not leave us to ourselves, but He sent the Helper, the Holy Spirit to lead us and comfort us in our trials.

If we were to work out our salvation by ourselves.. climb up to God on our own merit, none of us would make it. We all depend on undeserving grace for wretched sinners.

Maybe this text explains it best, the foundation and what we build upon it is seperate. We should never confuse the two! There is a reward in heaven for the work we have done in Jesus Christ, but our justification for God is never a reward we receive. It is what we can never earn, but Jesus Christ bought for us on the cross at Calvary. Only by faith can we receive that free gift of glorious grace from our Holy Father that doesn't want any to perish, but all to turn to Him in faith to be forgiven.

1 Corinthians 3:10-15 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. 11For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 13Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Zimneno

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Apr, 2016 03:11 AM

Before (last year) I was "trying" to change myself.

But now. I have come to know that if I truly do want to change, then as Gandalf puts it: "Do or do not, there is no try."

Now that I have become sick of myself. The monster in me is dying. Now that I choose to "Do". I no longer try. Things are becoming better

antoniobradiano

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 May, 2016 03:29 AM

Thought patterns are our own.

I just posted a subject on this. I am gonna give u linke to some basic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUTvlJW92tE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y-EjhihPy0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv6K6H5-ZWw

studied under Bob Bodehiegmer

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 May, 2016 07:42 AM

Everyone's answers are great, and I like Integrity's answer the most. Jesus is our righteousness, which we receive by faith as we trust His atoning work on the cross and His power over death in the resurrection.

We will all continue to sin in this flesh. It is our nature. Yet we are a new creation in Christ, which means we now have a new nature in addition to the old nature. The old nature could care less about sin. It enjoyed sin. That new nature hurts when we sin, because we know we have disobeyed our Lord. When we do this, we confess the sin. This is agreeing with God's holiness.

There is no unforgivable sin except the sin of refusing to accept Christ. I am convinced that a Christian could even murder someone in a fit of anger and be forgiven afterwards. Just to clarify, I would seriously question the salvation of someone though who set out to murder someone in a pre-meditative fashion, but that's its own debate.

The key is to continue to seek God, pray, meditate on His Word, and just constantly be thinking about Him and His will as much as you can and confess and demonstrate heartfelt repentance when you do sin.

Retiredbutfun

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Sep, 2016 09:51 PM

we don't go to be with Jesus based on any grade it is by asking for his forgiveness. We are all human and make mistakes but we can keep asking for forgiveness and he will stretch out his loving arms and take us back into the fold.

ADAM7777

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Sep, 2016 07:22 AM

That's right, ask for forgiveness and we will receive it. There is just one problem though, we are told to be ready for He comes at an hour we are not aware, and if we are caught being drunken and the cares of this life, then we are appointed with the hypocrites.

So no murderer has eternal life abiding in them, neither does anyone who does not love their brethren, and love works no ills, and so repentance becomes impossible, not just unforgivable sin for not accepting Christ, or to be more precise, for rejection of the Holiness of Christ, but rejection of any of is righteous ways means we believe in darkness, as He is light, so believe in Him, as no part dark is anywhere near. If we leave the fold, we were never in the fold, He came to gather the lost sheep and be our Shepherd, no good Shepherd lets us get lost again.

John 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

Hebrews 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:

8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

Matthew 13:40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Dec, 2016 06:45 PM

"No one can be truly perfect in God's eyes... well at least that what everyone tells us. God wants us to be like Christ, who is truly perfect. I've led myself to believe that, life is like a test. If I pass, I'll go to Heaven. If I fail, I'll go to hell based on my grades. And there are only two grades: A and F. There are no B, C, D or E. If God does want us to be perfect, then there also must be a way, through which we could become perfect."

I think, you are correct. What you described is exactly right. And there is a way we can be perfect. We can be perfect after we confess our sins and forgive others. When we do this, God forgives our sins, and we start with a clean sheet. The most important thing is to have a clean sheet the moment before we die. So, we must be perfect, and we can be perfect thru the blood of Jesus Christ.

TravisjustTravis

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Apr, 2017 09:57 PM

You are right, you can not be perfect!

Please read Romans 3:9-20

Many of the Jewish people felt the way that you do.

The books of the law is not a to do list that you can check off. The law was put in place to help us see how short we fall. It is arrogant for us to think that we can 'rise above the law'

That is exactly why we needed a savior, we were all facing an eternity that was separated from GOD, and there was not a one of us that was ever able to stand before a Perfect and Holy GOD. That is until GOD sent HIS SON into the world with a mission to take all of my imperfections and place them on HIMSELF.

We are saved for GOD

We are saved by GOD

We are saved from GOD (the BLOOD of JESUS is like a shield that protects me from the fire of a Righteous GOD, and that fire burns up everything except the BEST)

Hebrews 12:26-29

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 May, 2018 01:19 PM

You said that your cousin told you that 1 sin could cause you to go to hell?

He is wrong.

Just seek Jesus through the Bible. He died for us on the cross such a cruel death so we would not be eternally separated in hell.

The devil is just too busy confusing people about this.

That is why it uses the atonement of Jesus blood to confuse and lie to us day & night.

Have you noticed each good thing that God promises us.

IT the dev-l tries to counteract it with lies or a counterfeit argument so that we lose hope in God.

When we master this reality we will start to discern just how much the de-il hates us.

IT KNOWS that it can't win so works overtime in PEOPLES MINDS TO CONVINCE THEM that God hates them & wants them in hell.

I've got news for us.

De-il is a liar thief murderer.

God never lied to us & Jesus is His only Son manifest to us from God.

We now have the Holy Spirit living inside of us.

THE ENEMY is after our souls.

Jesus says if anyone denies me then I will deny him before the Father Who is God.

The simplest thing we need to do is just make up our minds.

Bible says without faith it is IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE God so all we need to do is keep going in the right direction toward Jesus so we gain access to God.

TELL THE DEVIL TO SHUT UP!

Live for what Jesus has already promised you & ME.

ETERNAL LIFE.

THE DEVIL CANNOT STOP US.

Page : 1 2 3