Author Thread: I REALLY NEED SOMEONE TO HELP ME CHANGE MY THOUGHT.
Zimneno

View Profile
History
I REALLY NEED SOMEONE TO HELP ME CHANGE MY THOUGHT.
Posted : 29 Mar, 2016 08:51 AM

No one can be truly perfect in God's eyes... well at least that what everyone tells us.

God wants us to be like Christ, who is truly perfect.

I've led myself to believe that, life is like a test. If I pass, I'll go to Heaven. If I fail, I'll go to hell based on my grades. And there are only two grades: A and F. There are no B, C, D or E.

If God does want us to be perfect, then there also must be a way, through which we could become perfect.

If you believe that, what I've led myself to believe is wrong (which I hope is wrong ). Then please make your argument reasonable, logical, practical and support it with evidence. Because answer without any of the following won't satisfy me.

Prepre

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Apr, 2016 02:16 PM

I believe were all a work in progress.

knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.

But let patience have its perfect work that you may be perfect and complete lacking nothing.

JAMES chapter verses 3 -4

Stay faithful to God so that your testimony will be like the apostle Paul

' I have fought a good fight (life in general) and kept faith

continue to display the fruit of the spirit

love,joy,peace long suffering,kindness,goodness, faithfulness

Zimneno

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Apr, 2016 10:40 AM

So you mean to say that I do need to be perfect.

If I do need to be, then I will be or I will die trying. Trying, is that acceptable to God?

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Apr, 2016 02:51 AM

God does not expect us to do the impossible, no man can ever be perfect. What He expects of us is to do our best to get as close as we can to the ideal of perfection.

Add50

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Apr, 2016 09:16 AM

For it is NOT by works, but by grace we are saved through faith, and this IS NOT of ourselves so none shall boast.

God had the law or the grades to get into heaven as you will but he saw that man could not live up to them. He had given us a free choice but we choose the flesh unless by the Holy Spirit. For all have fallen short of the Glory of God.

The wages of sin is death that is no one could be saved so God gave us His son Jesus to pay for our sins. For this is love Not that we love God, BUT that He loved us and sent His Son as the atonement of our sins.

We believe we are saved by grace but grace is never ending. For it is no longer I that lives but Christ that lives in me. Jesus stands as our advocate that is When we sin he says That is under my blood I paid for it. Psalm 103 as far as the east is from the west that is how far my sin is from me. Meaning it can never be a part of me I am separated from it.

As soon as we believe in the power of Jesus on the cross and what it meant as reconsilliation to God. We became the rightousness ( right standing before God)

of Christ. God only has one standard to reach Him do you accept Jesus if you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart that Jesus is Lord you will be saved. Those in Christ can not sin because the seed of God is in them ( that is God transforms us from glory to glory) we do nothing but read Hos word, pray and enjoy God it is automatic it just happens. Satan wants us to be under rules so we never live in freedom and power. Christ defeated satan on the cross.

HealingPool

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Apr, 2016 03:00 PM

Of course it's enough. I believe that God appreciates our efforts. None of us will ever be perfect, can ever be perfect. And, of course, God already knows that. Our purpose is to honor the Father...bring glory to God. we will be changed, refined, improved, transformed by Him. But we will never be perfect. We can't be.we're human.

Colossians 3:17

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Zimneno

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Apr, 2016 04:35 AM

I asked the same question to my cousin. He said that sometimes, no matter how many good deeds I do. One bad deed that God does not like could get me sent to hell. Similarly, no matter how many bad deeds I do. One good deed that God likes could save me.

I blame society for the way I think. They pointed out my flaws, and I just wanted to fit in...

What are the rules I must follow, or the things I must do to make God happy of me? (I've always wanted to become a saint .)

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Apr, 2016 07:50 PM

You are a sinner. You sin because you are a sinner. All humans are sinners.

Easy, right?

Christ is perfect, sinless, without flaw.

Also Easy.

Now, how does the imperfect (all of us) enter into the presence of Perfection (heaven) thus making it imperfect by our very presence. Read then from Matt 19:

The Rich and the Kingdom of God

16 Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, �Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?�

17 �Why do you ask me about what is good?� Jesus replied. �There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.�

18 �Which ones?� he inquired.

Jesus replied, ��You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,�[c] and �love your neighbor as yourself.�[d]�

20 �All these I have kept,� the young man said. �What do I still lack?�

21 Jesus answered, �If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.�

22 When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, �Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.�

25 When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, �Who then can be saved?�

26 Jesus looked at them and said, �With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.�

The answer is that Jesus Christ, the God-man, takes away our sin and we are thus declared perfect. If God declares us perfect, who is there to argue with God? You are not made perfect by what you do, but by believing in Jesus to be forgiven.

Now, go and bear fruit in keeping with your great forgiveness and show your salvation to be true.

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Apr, 2016 11:52 PM

Zim, Great challenge! After reviewing the criterion you listed for an acceptable argument, I thought to myself: this is my kind of critical thinker, exactly the kind the Apostle Paul commends.

Zim wrote:

no one can be truly perfect in God's eyes... well at least that what everyone tells us.

MB:

Exactly, the Bible says: "...no one is righteous...". Further, even our "...righteous acts are compared to filthy rags...". However, the Bible also says that people can be "made righteous" (justified) or made perfect in God's eyes but only through the work of Christ. This is called "justification", an action performed solely and immediately by God when a person cries out to him.

Zim wrote:

MB:

Yes, but again, "perfection" is a result of justification, a work performed by God only, not by human effort.

Zim:

I've led myself to believe that, life is like a test. If I pass, I'll go to Heaven. If I fail, I'll go to hell based on my grades. And there are only two grades: A and F. There are no B, C, D or E.

MB:

The preceding statements you wrote contain unsupported premises with two unsound conclusions.

Zim:

If God does want us to be perfect, then there also must be a way, through which we could become perfect.

MB:

Yes, there is a way, I will show as follows.

Zim:

If you believe that, what I've led myself to believe is wrong (which I hope is wrong ). Then please make your argument reasonable, logical, practical and support it with evidence. Because answer without any of the following won't satisfy me.

MB:

Rejoice, Zim, you are wrong! Lol! Salvation (from God's wrath) can be avoided. Salvation from God's wrath is available because of God's patience, mercy and grace. This justification/salvation is free and is made possible only through the work of Jesus Christ, on our behalf. In fact, we trust in God who "...justifies the wicked..."

So, in conclusion:

1) when we realize we have failed continually to obey God, we are in sorrow because of our disobedience, so in desperation we call on the name of the Lord in repentance out of a broken heart over our sin.

The Bible says whoever calls on God's name will be saved (justified). God pronounces you instantaneously free of the guilt of your sin! In heaven it's just as though you had never sinned. This is a time for rejoicing.

2). Although you have now been justified in the sight of heaven, you remain on earth in a sinful body until the day you die. Though you now desire to obey God, you cannot do so perfectly. This period of salvation is called "sanctification" another work of God. You are simply now becoming like Christ. Your physical body continues to die but your inner man becomes like Jesus.

3) The next step of salvation is called "glorification". This takes place when your sin nature dies and you finally met God in heaven. Obviously you are no longer subject to sin.

I sorta rushed through this post. Feel free to question, challenge or ask for more information.

P

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Apr, 2016 04:52 AM

Posted : Posted : 29 Mar, 2016 08:51 AM

No one can be truly perfect in God's eyes... well at least that what everyone tells us.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Apr, 2016 04:52 AM

Posted : Posted : 29 Mar, 2016 08:51 AM

Page : 1 2 3