Author Thread: Success on the site
Rodfather

View Profile
History
Success on the site
Posted : 5 Sep, 2016 06:07 PM

It's been my experience on here that I end up wasting a lot of time reaching out to women who either have abandoned their profiles or who just ignore my messages. Either that or the only contact I get from women is from a scammer or someone from an African nation or the Philippines (who may also be scammers).

My question is, has any guy on here actually had success with this site? Have you actually met any women on here? I can only remember one back and forth I had with a woman, but after three or four messages, it ended.

algomaboy

View Profile
History
Success on the site
Posted : 7 Sep, 2016 10:00 AM

I have had a good friendship with a woman on this site. She lives across this country and we are good friends. We both left this site and I have returned. We are facebook friends. They are here, get involved.

View Profile
History
Success on the site
Posted : 8 Sep, 2016 01:38 PM

You can see some peoples success stories posted under testimonials, I suspect that the vast majority of people who meet their other half online don't shout it from the roof tops, and skip off quietly into the sunset...

Champions_You_Are

View Profile
History
Success on the site
Posted : 10 Sep, 2016 01:45 PM

Success, yes. The chat rooms are probably the best way to get involved here. You can get to know chat members-in real time-faster than messaging back and forth.

View Profile
History
Success on the site
Posted : 12 Sep, 2016 12:42 PM

I've met some very nice women on this site twice over, one of whom I was in a relationship with for around a year or so and another whom I would Skype with for around 2 years.

As of late it seems that despite the time I take to put together a personalized introductory message to whoever I'm interested in, the message is read....Yet not replied to...Or if I do get replies, the woman disappears into thin air....Little bit of a boot to the self-esteem haha.

Don't give up on the site, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

View Profile
History
Success on the site
Posted : 15 Sep, 2016 02:21 PM

I have met several women on this site. A few have turned into facebook friends. I am in a serious, online relationship with one right now.

View Profile
History
Success on the site
Posted : 22 Sep, 2016 11:08 PM

excuse me mr rodfather i live in the philippines and i have a job,,,

how dare u generalize our country

dance2cedm

View Profile
History
Success on the site
Posted : 1 Oct, 2016 09:41 PM

Your experience is typical to online dating in general. OKCupid is a free dating site (with 1,000,000 members) and they do research on their site and report on some interesting things. They report that the average response rate for men is 1 in 4 messages sent. So in general, it's hard to get a reply at all. In personal experiences I've seen reported by others on various web forums, many men get few responses. One poor fellow said he had written to 104 women, all messages carefully written to reply to specific things in the women's profiles, yet he had not received a single response.

On CDFF, nearly everyone who has written to me is from the other side of the world. A not-small percentage of them have later been banned by CDFF.

I have only been on CDFF about a month. I have written first to anyone on this site yet because most women's profiles have too little information in them. For me to write someone, I have to have a good sense of what they're about and what their personality is like, but when they only write two or three sentences that don't say anything unique about themselves, it doesn't entice me to write. So I have no report of my response rate on here.

osol_letse

View Profile
History
Success on the site
Posted : 3 Oct, 2016 11:34 PM

hi rodfather,

im pleased to meet u here. eventhough ur topic is a question for guys. still i wana join in, not because i feel like a guy but because i got idea to to put across too. hope this wud be valid tho.

honestly, i attempted to send u a private messagei wana tell u privately about the women from philipppines. but then because of age restrictions i failed to send u one.

so i opt to have it here, after all this chat forum is what attracted me most when i first joined cdff way back in 2010.

first i would like to tell u..that i like ur stem, success on the site, because even i not met my man yet face to face but i got one great story to tell too. plus before i met him here..i got many friends out there on the other side of the world because of the chatroom. so its not jz for an opposite sex online relationship but also for friends online relationship which i consider a success one. right now, im so glad, i had met my man here. it took me more than 6 years to find him there were times i stick to the idea..im here jz for friends.But then jz early of this year i met a wonderful person which i consider a godsend for me..one who is tailored for me. i know some friends in the chatroom who were successful too but they jz not tell their stories here.. i not consider my time spent here a waste..i gained friends a lot. and god used my waiting time to prepare me to meet my man. if given a choice i want to keep quiet too..but jz because ur stem so inviting to my taste.

as to philippine women who are maybe scammers, i do understand that u r very cautious in relation to online dating sites. we cant deny the fact that there are really scammers here. but then, if i go down in ur statement, i find it a restrained way of saying. hey i not like these women from philippines or from african countries...the ladies who u least like. but then if u tried to reply one or two cud be the beginning of a wonderful relationship tho long distance, yet a productive one, even jz for friendship. ur time time spent here wud not be a waste then. as to scammers. i had replied to many then, as i keep on messaging them, u wud know later they are not for keeps and the time i used to reply to them is not a waste. my replies are my knowing stage and i jz thank god that the emotional attachments i spend for them is not so deep yet.

i hope that u will jz keep on praying and gain more friends here till u met ur special woman, i hope u wud really have one.

View Profile
History
Success on the site
Posted : 5 Oct, 2016 05:46 PM

well said osol,,,

View Profile
History
Success on the site
Posted : 5 Oct, 2016 05:47 PM

maybe they wanted to stay anonymous like in my case,,,

Page : 1 2