Author Thread: Other People
TravisjustTravis

View Profile
History
Other People
Posted : 29 Apr, 2017 01:08 PM

JESUS said that saying that we Love GOD is not enough, if we Love HIM we will keep HIS commandments (John 14:15). When I read that statement I thought that the message was clear but there are a lot of commandments.

Fortunately for me someone asked JESUS a similar question. The guy asked JESUS to boil all the commandments down to a one liner (Matthew 22:36)

JESUS said the top commandment is: �You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.�

Then JESUS announced the "runner up" (The second is like it) �You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' [that is, unselfishly seek the best or higher good for others].

Then JESUS made a statement that I am grateful for The whole Law and the [writings of the] Prophets depend on these two commandments.

(I think of the passage of scripture that is found in Mathew 22:36-40 as the "pocket Bible")

Everything in our lives is supposed to be geared around, #1 Loving GOD, and #2 Loving others. So it is unfortunate when I see people acting like 'there personal mission in life is to insure their own happiness.'

The statement that I wanted to make is, I think some people gain personal happiness at the expense of others.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Other People
Posted : 7 Feb, 2018 12:35 AM

Excellent post!! Your message confronts humanistic liberalism that grands people the liberty to do as they please contrary to the will of God. John MacArthur preaches obedience is the loving response of those saved by grace to the God who forgave them. Loving Obedience is a proof of genuine love for God and its an evidence that one has truly been saved. Sadly many church leaders don't see it that way and Mr MacArthur suffered a great deal of undeserved ridicule. Interestingly, Charles Spurgeon suffered the same fate after he began preaching against the "downgrade". The downgrade was a term Spurgeon applied to the prevailing attitudes of disobedience and lovelessness for God he observed that taking place in the lives of Christians all around him.