Author Thread: It matters what we listen to
Admin

It matters what we listen to
Posted : 7 Aug, 2017 04:54 AM

I've met a lot of people who think that they can listen to whatever music they want to. But the fact is, that is just not true! The Bible talks about over and over again how, what we spend our time in, whether it's listening to music, reading something, or anything! it will affect us.

Take the modern music genre, for instance. Plenty of singers have been interviewed to know how they were able to get famous. Many of them have admitted in their songs and to those interviewing them, that they sold their souls to the devil to gain fame.

Do you think we should be involving ourselves in such things? I have to ask myself that, too! I enjoy mild jazz, folk music from other countries, etc. etc., but I am still praying about what is most pleasing to Jesus. I don't want to participate in something evil by listening to artists who have sold their souls to the devil!

Think about the syncopated beat of rap, rock and hip hop. These same rhythms can be matched with spirit music from Hindu, Voodoo, and other Satanic worship. This should not be found in the home of believers/followers of Jesus.

Chioniso

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jul, 2018 07:52 AM

From my understanding what we listen matters very much. Also note that what we listen too also overtake our children. As christians we should give much of our time to listening christian music, christian films, preachings and even reading the Word. Our heart is so precious not to take any information that comes and go. Proverbs 3 verses 5 and 6. With such media we receive spiritual sight of glories of God in Christ. We will receive strength and favor if we stay in God's praises and worship. Music affects our hearts so much. Dont let the devil takes over your hearts. As for the children the bible tells us to teach them while they are still young so much that as they grow they will not depart from it.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Nov, 2018 03:38 PM

Good fight ministries did a series called they sold their souls. This series exposed many artists & bands who have sold out to the Devil doing evil things for money & fame. Reject these artists it does matter what we listen to.

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Dec, 2018 12:30 AM

Amen

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Dec, 2018 12:51 AM

Interesting comments....but..."We should NEVER hold a rock concert in a church because".... well my observation is, when believers get together and focus equally on each-other as you said, or better still on the Lord Himself for His glory (using gifts to worship & glorify Him), what if there are other believers listening and being edified? They may for example be blessed in this and it does not necessarily mean that the focus is NOT where it should be. Only God can judge the hearts. Speak to one another in Psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing & making melody in your hearts to the Lord. I will always deeply regret not allowing my son when he was growing up, to go to a Casting Crowns concert. He is still hurt about it now at 23 years old, and my legalistic, controlling ways only helped to push him away from the Lord and were extremely damaging. Let us walk in love balanced with truth...not judging artists who use their gifts to serve & glorify Him...and yes, test every spirit...those that are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. Be blessed.

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Dec, 2018 07:11 AM

I watched that series, has good enough facts but is at times prone to feeling more than thinking and as such confusing facts.... if only they did not so easily de-legitimize themselves.... also the random close up emotional preaching of "rock music is bad mkay" caused automatic cringing on my part....

Marcouse

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Feb, 2019 05:01 PM

Music, films, books & school etc is used to program our minds from day one.

Technically music used to be played at 432 hertz but the Nazi's worked out that 440 hertz would still sound ok but could just throw the mind and body slightly out of harmony. Since the 50's and 60's almost all music has been played at 440 hertz. Like the frequency from your wi-fi and the coming 5G standard it was mildly weaponized. Probably contributes to rising cancer rates and other previously rare illnesses.

As far as actual songs go many of them are produced by people connected with freemasonry and illuminati etc. Many of them contain warnings, future predictions and are used to condition minds to accept ideas later on. Satan cannot do what he likes without God's people having some form of warning as to what is going on.

Depending on how well you know your Bible & how far you want to go down a conspiracy theory rabbit hole will dictate how relevant particular songs or bands are. Many songs may only contain a single line of relevance where others may have the whole song entirely devoted to a theme with the video to match.

Take 'Black Hole Sun' by Soundgarden in 1994 for instance. At the time it was catchy and made no sense, since the writer committed suicide recently and I've got more Biblical knowledge and scientific knowledge as well as studied other religions it makes perfect sense now.

It was a song about what is coming and will cause the calamities laid out in revelation. 'Planet X' has even been mentioned occasionally on national radio.

The Prodigy are on the same wave lengths with full songs such as 'Breath' to do with chemtrail poisoning. 'Light up the Sky' about the fake moon and sun that many are seeing (China made theirs official & Siberia went dark a while back in the middle of the day when it failed).

Oasis had 'Champaign Supernova', we have the red in the sky now but still waiting for the coming landslide.

'Stop the Clocks' referring to time being altered, there's quite a few unhappy premium watch owners out there. Not to mention we don't run the correct calendar, those 2012 end of the world prophesies may yet come true.

They also have a song called 'The Masterplan' which speaks for itself.

Film wise there are hundreds but 'Oblivion' springs to mind. Cloning technology has been around since the 40's and the film explores the concept of areas we don't know about and are not allowed to enter. You can't prove what you learn in geography class is all real. The worlds surface being 70% water sounds a bit far fetched.

1984 is one everyone knows and has almost come to pass. Your phone, laptop & smart tv can all be used to monitor what you say and become stored in a large database.

Geostorm is basically about weather control and how it can be used for good or to cause disasters. HAARP has been around for years, the powers that be already decide what the weather is doing.

I don't know why pastors get exited about an army of God that is growing because it isn't for the real God. Satan is getting more powerful by the day and he's had us singing songs about it for decades. John Lennon asked us to imagine there's no heaven so people did and acted like it.

It stands to reason if the path is narrow and hidden few will find it. Yet the messages in the secular world fit in with those of the Christian one if you know how to read them.

Plenty of information floating about on the internet if you want it, if you spend 2 hours a day for a year solid you might be somewhere up to speed. I never even looked for a lot of it, it just keeps popping up even in real life. I don't watch the news, hardly watch tv and hate most radio stations. I've just had enough of it now.

The massive global recession that is likely to go live this year gets a mention in early revelation. All the catastrophic events should follow on from that. I hear Yellowstone park is getting lively again.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Feb, 2019 12:26 AM

One would think sex is what makes the world go round now with all that's too plenty out there, but when you are older and want to listen to instrumental only, it's hard to find the same melodies without the words.

LaughterIsGoodMedici

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2019 01:52 AM

Relax, dont do it

Prov31GodlyWoman

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Apr, 2019 03:23 PM

I do agree with what you said. Plus whatever you put in will come out. What are we feeding our spirit man!

Page : 1 2