Author Thread: Love veterans, please help with this.
Shunammite

View Profile
History
Love veterans, please help with this.
Posted : 16 Jun, 2009 04:25 PM

Is it possible to fall in love with a person you have never met? Like someone with whom you simply exchanged emails and/or talk on phone. I am not in this situation but just curious to learn the ways of love from others

TIA!

B'loved

tristan07

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jun, 2009 11:42 AM

*though I've found that people can be fake in person too.*

Who have you been hanging out with! Ive never met a fake person in my life!!!!!!

Ian, you live in canada?? We need to fish. My pops had a fishing cabin near dryden in ontario for ever, then when he passed away, it got sold. I havent caught myself a northern or a walleye in like forver man.

tristan07

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jun, 2009 11:42 AM

*though I've found that people can be fake in person too.*

Who have you been hanging out with! Ive never met a fake person in my life!!!!!!

Ian, you live in canada?? We need to fish. My pops had a fishing cabin near dryden in ontario for ever, then when he passed away, it got sold. I havent caught myself a northern or a walleye in like forver man.

tristan07

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jun, 2009 11:43 AM

oo thse forums are being wierd with the double posts,

btw, that wasnt a suggestion for date bro LOL

ian777

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jun, 2009 01:41 PM

Haha! Too funny Alex. I hate fishin! Y'know, there's a verrry fine line between fishing, and standing on the shore looking like an idiot, and I'm usually on the wrong side of that very fine line.

However - there is lots of pike and walleye 'round here - I'm over by Algonquin park, eastern Ontario - it takes me about 17 or 18 hours to drive to Dryden (which I'll be driving through next week on my way to Alberta).

Sure - next time yer in Canada, lemme know. I don't know if I'll be here or not.

I meant fake people as in presenting themselves as something they're not, and then you find out - "Fake!"

I don't *think* I've met an android...

Ian

tristan07

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jun, 2009 03:36 PM

can you email me some walleye???? :party:

ian777

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jun, 2009 05:24 PM

Hmmm..... can't says that I ever tried emailing walley...

I'll eat it for you - how 'bout that?

Shunammite

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jun, 2009 06:07 PM

thanks y'all. Really helpful suggestions.

Like I said, I havent been in the situation, just proactively watching out.

So, I think I would hold my heart close to my heart and let it go only after I dot the i's and cross the t's!

Thanks for all the opinions!

gracefreedme

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jun, 2009 07:14 PM

One thing to remember is that loving someone and being "in love " are two totally different things. Being "in love" is the emotional part at the beginning of a relationship when we are riding on the emotional high of being in a new relationship. This can last up to six months, then the emotional rollercoaster starts to slow down and our true feelings star to come through. Too many of us these days want that constant emotional high of being " in love". We commit to each other and a lot of times marry ( guilty!!!!) during this period only to wake up 6 mos. later going What did I do ?. How many times do we hear the phrase " I'm just not in love with you anymore"? Well duh! We aren't supposed to live on those emotional highs forever but too many people keep searching for that next " in love " feeling, going from one relationship to another without ever experiencing true love. We should never commit to someone without being together for at least 6 mo. to a year. I hate to say it, but I don't think you can really get to know a person through just emails. It takes that one on one, face to face bonding to be sure.

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jun, 2009 11:34 PM

i had to double ck as mostly men responded... which is fantastic!

clean and simple: No. not the love one would "bond" with through marriage.

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jun, 2009 03:46 AM

Well, I can only tell you my story. Before online dating there were newspapers. My girlfriend dared me to place an ad in the personals. Me being me took her up on the dare. Well I received 125 wonderful letters from men all over the US...My husband's mother handed him the newspaper and wanted him to read an article in it. He skimmed the back and saw my ad. He wrote me four months before he saw me, told me he loved me before he laid eyes on me and then married me. All in all, it was an eight month courtship that lasted 26 years before his death. I do believe it happens. People tend to say more internally in an emai/letter than face to face so you get a glimpse of what lives inside. It can either make or break a relationship. In my instance, I came out a winner! :) Robin

Page : 1 2 3