Author Thread: Love veterans, please help with this.
Shunammite

View Profile
History
Love veterans, please help with this.
Posted : 16 Jun, 2009 04:25 PM

Is it possible to fall in love with a person you have never met? Like someone with whom you simply exchanged emails and/or talk on phone. I am not in this situation but just curious to learn the ways of love from others

TIA!

B'loved

ian777

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jun, 2009 06:41 AM

Thank you for sharing Robin; that's an encouraging word that I'm sure we all appreciate hearing, being in the shoes that we're in and the site that we're on.

Ian

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jun, 2009 01:45 PM

Well, I can't say I have ever fallen in love before, but I did develop close feelings with people over the internet. I was very close friends with a woman who was bipolar. In fact, I never knew she was bipolar until after someone insulted her. Anyway, this woman said something insulting about the one who insulted her in an email to me. Very soon after, this third party repeated it word-for-word and my friend thought I was "a spy". This upset me to the point of tears.

On this site, I was actually falling for a guy--not yet there--who in a single email destroyed it and managed to help me build an emotional safety-wall from him. All from a misunderstanding and I'm hoping that we can chip through that. If we can't, it was still very nice to meet him.

There is also a friend of mine who is in a relationship online. Personally, I've seen him make her cry too many times for me to like him. He's also a Misotheist. >:P

Page : 1 2 3