Author Thread: Love veterans, please help with this.
Shunammite

View Profile
History
Love veterans, please help with this.
Posted : 16 Jun, 2009 04:25 PM

Is it possible to fall in love with a person you have never met? Like someone with whom you simply exchanged emails and/or talk on phone. I am not in this situation but just curious to learn the ways of love from others

TIA!

B'loved

ian777

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jun, 2009 06:21 PM

Oooh boy. I've been avoiding talking about this because I don't want to put the whole story out there.

I sure did fall madly in love with a gal down in Texas. We did meet first in person (in Texas), and then corresponded by email. So maybe my situation isn't quite the same. I will say this; I fell head over heels for her by email. The feelings were reciprocal, but let's just say things got taken out of both of our hands in the end and I wound up pretty broken hearted over it all.

Ian

ayngrady

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jun, 2009 06:28 PM

girlie,

I guess that it could be that someone can fall in with your heart.

i guess it depends on how visually oriented you are. however the word love is used way too much. i do believe in love at forst sight though.

k.ayn

tristan07

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jun, 2009 07:53 PM

I sure did, I talked to my gal for months on the phone and we didnt meet right way, but by the time we did, there was some pretty strong feelings already. So yes, it's possible.

We started with God, church, kids, family, etc etc and it just naturally moved to us and such.

Linnie41

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jun, 2009 07:57 PM

I think it's possible, but be sure that you're falling in love with the person - and not the person you've made them to be in your mind.

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jun, 2009 06:11 AM

dear shuna, i think you can start to have them feelins for someone over time online but the only way you can really know is to meet them and spend time with em in person.. then you can definitely let go and fall for em . to me till you meet i think you wanna love em.. but ya really dont know till in person... it can be alot different in person.. depends on how close to theirselves they really been bein before you meet..

ole cattle

tristan07

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jun, 2009 07:58 AM

Yes, I meant more of a *fall for them, have loving feelings*

Because really loving someone takes time and sacrafice and effort which you can't do too well just over the phone or in emails you need to be able to excercise that love too.

BeautifulD

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jun, 2009 09:18 AM

I did, so it is possible! But you do have to be careful that you're falling in love with the real person, and not the idea of the person... or who they show themselves to be. Go into in with plenty of prayer and keep God in it all the time!

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jun, 2009 09:29 AM

dear trist man, i got ya bro.. ive had feelins for someone i hadnt met before also.. some worked some and some didnt hehe.. thats why i feel its important to meet sooner rather than later as you dont have time to build someone up in your mind as to how theyre gonna be.. you get the real deal sooner .. then you can know alot more.

ole cattle

tristan07

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jun, 2009 09:58 AM

Good point Ole. Course I imagine it also depends on how far away ya'll live from one another and financial stuff as well as where you would stay if it is a long distance travel thing.

Took me and my gal a while to figure all that out ya know.

ian777

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jun, 2009 11:31 AM

As a side note to this too; something I realized (but have not yet practiced) with long-distance relationships: We're in the modern age of the internet, and making the world smaller and smaller.

Everybody's got digital cameras now, and most of those have a "video mode". So you can send video messages and letters to one another. This is still not as good as being in person, but the next best thing, and better than a phone call or email - expressions and emotions are conveyed, and it's more difficult to be "fake" or unreal. you can get away with a lot in email, less on the phone, even less on video, and still yet even less in person...

though I've found that people can be fake in person too.

Ian

Page : 1 2 3