Author Thread: Bible in a Year
aceetsx8

View Profile
History
Bible in a Year
Posted : 3 Jan, 2018 03:05 PM

A few days ago I began flowing a reading plan which will allow me to read the entire Bible by the end of 2018. Basically,, I have been reading a Psalm, a chapter from the New Testament and a couple of chapters from the Old Testament.

Has anyone else made a similar commitment?

What do you think of this way of reading the Bible?

View Profile
History
Bible in a Year
Posted : 3 Jan, 2018 05:02 PM

Hello, it would take you more than that just to study the names of GOD Almighty revealed in Messiah Yeshua.

It would take you longer to study the life of Messiah, and the prophecies that were filled up by His birth, life, death and ressurrection, then the so called bible plan you have.

Read, study and meditate upon John 15 verses 1 - 6 and find the tranlational errors which people teach from and lead the people away from Messiah.

johnjohn75

View Profile
History
Bible in a Year
Posted : 3 Jan, 2018 06:16 PM

I would say read Matthew, Mark, Luke and John for a year straight. Over and over again... That will be a year you will never forget, and if you wanna kick it up a notch, grab a pair of headphones and fall a sleep listening to the gospels for one month straight. Jesus will really fill you up... You will never be the same, and that my friend is a good thing:) I would also use the KJV...

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Bible in a Year
Posted : 4 Jan, 2018 03:22 AM

Aceetsx I have'nt done it myself but thinks its a good idea you have a set format of what to read each day and you cover the entire Bible in a year.

View Profile
History
Bible in a Year
Posted : 4 Jan, 2018 06:03 PM

ANOTHER WAY TO READ GOD'S WORD IS BY **TOPIC** WITH THE HELP OF AN CONCORDANCE!!

**THE ONLY THING THAT COUNTS IS **FAITH** EXPRESSING ITSELF THROUGH LOVE**!!{Galatians 5:6}

Acts 26:17,18: Jesus said to Paul, "I am sending you to the Gentiles to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are **SANCTIFIED BY FAITH**!"

Romans 1:17: For in the Gospel the righteousness of God is revealed--a righteousness that is **BY FAITH FROM FIRST TO LAST**!!

Romans 3:23-25: For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of His blood--to be received **BY FAITH**!!

Romans 3:27,28: Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. Because of what law? The law that requires works? **NO**, because of the law that **REQUIRES FAITH**! For we maintain that a person is **JUSTIFIED BY FAITH** apart from the works of the law!!

Romans 5:1,2: Therefore, since we have been **JUSTIFIED THOUGH FAITH**, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access **BY FAITH** into this grace in which we now stand!!

Romans 10:5-9: Moses writes about the righteousness that is by the law: "The person who does these things will live by them." {Lev 18:5} But the righteousness that comes **BY FAITH** says...The word is near you: it is in your mouth and in your heart, that is, the message concerning **FAITH** that we proclaim: IF you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your **FAITH** and are saved!!

Romans 12:3: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the **FAITH** God has distributed to each of you!!

Romans 14:23: Everything that does not come **FROM FAITH** is sin!!

2 Corinthians 1:24: We work with you for your joy, because it is **BY FAITH** you stand firm!!

2 Corinthians 5:6-10: We are always confident and know that as long as we are at home with the body we are away from the Lord. For we live **BY FAITH**, not by sight. We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord. So we make it our goal to please Him... For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad!!

Galatians 2:16: We know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but **BY FAITH** in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our **FAITH** in Christ Jesus that we may be **JUSTIFIED BY FAITH** in Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law **NO ONE WILL BE JUSTIFIED**!!

Galatians 3:23-26: Before the coming of this **FAITH**, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the **FAITH** that was to come would be revealed. So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be **JUSTIFIED BY FAITH**. Now that this **FAITH** has come we are **NO LONGER UNDER THE SUPERVION OF THE LAW**. So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God **THROUGH FAITH**!!

Galatians 5:5,6: For through the Spirit we eagerly await **BY FAITH** the righteousness for which we hope. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is **FAITH** expressing itself through **LOVE**!!

Ephesians 2:8-10: For it is by grace you have been saved, **THROUGH FAITH**--and this is not from yourselves, it is the **GIFT** of God by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do!!

Ephesians 3:16,17: I pray that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts **THROUGH FAITH**!!

I Thessalonians 1:3: We remember before our God and Father you work produced **BY FAITH**!!

2 Thessalonians 1:3,4: We ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters, and rightly so, because your **FAITH** is growing **MORE AND MORE**....Therefore, among God's churches we boast about your perseverance and **FAITH** in all the persecutions and trials you are enduring!!

2 Thessalonians 1:11: We constantly pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of His calling, and that by His power He may bring to fruition your every desire for goodness and your every deed **PROMPTED BY FAITH**!!

I Timothy 1:3,4: Command certain people not to teach false doctrines any longer... Such things promote controversial speculations rather than advancing God's work--which is **BY FAITH**!!

2 Timothy 3:14,15: Continue in what you have learned and become convinced of...and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation **THROUGH FAITH** in Christ Jesus!!

Hebrews 11:1,3,6: So **FAITH** is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see...**BY FAITH** we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, in that what is seen was not made out of what was visible... Without **FAITH** it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He **REWARDS** those who earnestly seek Him!!

Hebrews 12:1,2: Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the Pioneer and Perfecter of our **FAITH**!!

View Profile
History
Bible in a Year
Posted : 4 Jan, 2018 06:12 PM

**THE ONLY THING THAT COUNTS IS FAITH EXPRESSING ITSELF THROUGH **LOVE**!!{Galatians 5:6}

Ephesians 2:8-10: For it is by grace you have been saved, **THROUGH FAITH**--and this is not from yourselves, it is the **GIFT** of God--not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do!!

**THE FATHER LOVES HIS FAITHUL SAINTS JUST AS MUCH AS HE LOVES JESUS**

John 17:23: Jesus says to His Father, "You sent Me and have **LOVED THEM** even as you **LOVED** Me!!"

**JESUS LOVES HIS FAITHFUL SAINTS **JUST AS MUCH** AS THE FATHER LOVES HIM**!!

John 15:9,10" Jesus says, "As the Father **LOVED** Me, so I have **LOVED** you!! Now remain in My **LOVE . **IF** you obey My commands, you will remain in My **LOVE** , just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in His **LOVE** !"

John 14:21,23: Jesus says, "Whoever has My commands and obeys them, he is the one who **LOVES** Me! He who loves Me will be **LOVED** by My Father, and I will **LOVE** him....If anyone **LOVES** Me, he will obey My teaching. My Father will **LOVE** him, and we will come to him and make Our home with him!!"

I John 3:18: Dear children, let us not **LOVE** with words or tongue but with actions and in truth!

WHAT'S **LOVE**GOT TO DO WITH IT??

I Peter 1:22: "Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere **LOVE** for your brothers, **LOVE** one another deeply, from the heart. For you have been born again... through the living and enduring Word of God!

I Peter 4:8: **ABOVE ALL**, **LOVE** each other **DEEPLY**, because **LOVE**covers over a multitude of sins!

I Corinthians 13:2,4-8: If I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not **LOVE** I am nothing...**LOVE** is patient, **LOVE** is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. **LOVE** does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. **LOVE** never fails!!"

John 13:34: Jesus says, "A NEW command I give you: **LOVE* one another As I have **LOVED** you, so you must **LOVE** one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples." John 15:12,13: Jesus says, "My command is this: **LOVE** each other as I have **LOVED** you. Greater **LOVE** has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

I John 3:16: This how we know what **LOVE** is: Jesus Christ laid down His life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers!

Ephesians 5:1,2: Be **IMITATORS OF GOD**, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of **LOVE**, just as Christ **LOVED** us and gave Himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God!

Luke 6:27,28,35,36: Jesus says, "**LOVE** your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. **LOVE** your enemies, do good to them. and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your **REWARD** will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because He is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful!"

Matthew 28:19.20� Jesus commands, �Go and make disciples of all nations... teaching them to *OBEY EVERYTHING* I have commanded you!� {See I John 2:3-5}

EVERYTHING would also include all the other commands in God's inspired Word from Acts to Revelation as per 2 Timothy 3:16: 4:2: "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work...Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction."

If we really **LOVE** our brothers and sister in Christ we will lovingly teach them to obey all the approximately 400 commands of the NT with **LOVE** in the hope of countless eternal rewards when Jesus comes with great power with all His angels.

Revelation 22:112: Jesus says,"Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with Me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done!?

Matthew 16:27: Jesus says, For the Son of Man is going to come in His Father's glory with His angels, and **THEN** He will **REWARD** each person according to what he has done."

Ephesians 4:15: "Speaking the Truth in **LOVE** , we will in all things grow up into Him who is the Head, that is, Christ! From Him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in **LOVE** , as each part does its work."

Ephesians 3:17-19: "I pray that you, being rooted and established in **LOVE** may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the **LOVE** of Christ, and to know this **LOVE** that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God!!"

I John 4:7-12: Dear friends, let us **LOVE** one another, for **LOVE** comes from God. Everyone who **LOVES** has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not **LOVE** does not know God, because God is **LOVE**. This is how God showed His **LOVE**among us: He sent His one and only Son into the world that we might live through Him. This is **LOVE**, not that we **LOVED** God, but that He **LOVED** us and sent His Son as the atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends,since God so **LOVED** us, we ought to **LOVE** one another. No one has ever seen God, but if we **LOVE** one another, God lives in us and His **LOVE** is made complete in us!

Romans 8:35,37-39: Who shall separate us from the **LOVE** of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?...We are more than conquerors through Him who **LOVED** us! For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the **LOVE** of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord!!

aceetsx8

View Profile
History
Bible in a Year
Posted : 5 Jan, 2018 01:44 PM

Thanks everyone. That is some good advice right there. I certainly agree that studying the Bible is a life-long commitment and it is a challenge for all of us. Also, doing just the gospels for a year sounds like great fun. And so does the John 15 challenge. Unfortunately, I have very little practical experience with topical studies. I've always found them difficult for some reason. May be worth a go through.

View Profile
History
Bible in a Year
Posted : 5 Jan, 2018 09:08 PM

**WILL ALL GOD'S CHOSEN SAINTS RECEIVE THE FREE GIFTS OF **FAITH**, **ETERNAL LIFE** THE ** HOLY SPIRIT** AND THE **GIFTS OF THE SPIRIT**??

??I Corinthians 14:1-4,12: Follow the way of **LOVE** and eagerly desire **GIFTS OF THE SPIRIT**, especially **PROPHECY**. For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to people but God. Indeed, no one understands them; they utter mysteries by. But the one who **PROPHESIES** speaks to people for their strengthening, encouraging and comfort. Anyone who speaks in a tongue edifies themselves, but the one who prophesies edifies the church.... Since you are eager for **GIFTS** of the Spirit, try to excel in those that build up the church!

I Corinthians 3:8,9: The one who plants and the one who waters have one purpose, and they will each be **REWARDED** according to their own labor. For we are co-workers in God's service, you are God's field, God's building.

Ephesians 6:8: Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men, because you know that the Lord will **REWARD** everyone for what ever good he does!

Daniel 12:3: Those who impart wisdom will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness like the stars for ever and ever.

Ephesians 4:7, 11-16: But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it... Christ Himself, {Not the church} gives some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, to equip God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and thereby the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming. Instead speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of Him who is the **HEAD**, that is, Christ. From Him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.

Romans 12 4-8: For just as each of us has one body and many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the other. We have different **GIFTS**, according to the grace given to each of us. If your **GIFT** is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith. If it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is encouraging, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully!

I Corinthians 12:4-6: There are different kinds of **GIFTS**, but the same Spirit distributes them. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work!

I Peter 4:10-11: Each of you should use whatever **GIFT** you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory and the power for ever and ever! Amen!

Romans 6:23: The wages of sin is death, but the **GIFT OF GOD** is **ETERNAL LIFE** in Christ Jesus our Lord!

Ephesians 2:8-10: For it is by grace you have been saved, through **FAITH**--and this is not from yourselves, it is the **GIFT OF GOD**--not by works, so that no one can boast. for **WE ARE GOD'S HANDIWORK**, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do!

John 14:16,17: Jesus says, "I will ask the Father and He will give you another Counselor, the Spirit of truth, to be with you forever!"

Acts 1:4,5: Jesus says, "Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the **GIFT** My Father promised, which you have heard Me speak about. For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be **BAPTIZED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT**!"

View Profile
History
Bible in a Year
Posted : 7 Jan, 2018 02:11 PM

There are some like the Roman Catholics and the Church of Christ who teach that we are saved and our sins forgiven by faith **PLUS GOOD WORKS** which always includes water baptism???

**BUT WHAT DOES GOD'S WORD SAY**??

Colossians 1:12-14: We give **JOYFUL THANKS** to the Father who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of His holy people in the Kingdom of Light. For He has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the Kingdom of the Son He loves, in whom we have **REDEMPTION** and **FORGIVENEESS OF SINS**!!

Matthew 26:28: Jesus says, "This is My blood of the Covenant, which is poured out for many for the **FORGIVENESS OF SINS**!!"

Titus 3:3,4: At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. But when the kindness and **LOVE** of God our Savior appeared , He saved us, **NOT BECAUSE OF RIGHTEOUS THINGS WE HAD DONE**, but because of **HIS MERCY**!!

John 1:12,13: To all who received Him, to those who believed in His name, he gave the right to become children of God--children born not of natural descent, **NOR OF A HUMAN DECISION** or a husband's will but, **BORN OF GOD**!!

John 6:37,39,44,65: Jesus says, "**ALL** that the Father gives Me **WILL** come to Me, and whoever comes to Me I will **NEVER** drive away... And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that I shall **LOSE NONE** of all that He has given Me, but raise them up at the Last Day.... No one can come to Me **UNLESS** the Father who sent Me **DRAWS HIM**, and I will raise him up at the Last Day!!... No one can come to Me **UNLESS** the Father has **ENABLED THEM**!!"

Ephesians 2:8,9: For it is by **GRACE** you have been saved, through **FAITH**�and this **NOT FROM YOURSELVES**, it is the **GIFT OF GOD**�not by works. So that no one can boast. For we are **GOD'S WORKMANSHIP**, created in Christ Jesus to do **GOOD WORKS**, which God prepared in advance for us to do! {And so faith without good works is not real faith from God!}

Romans 6:23: The wages of sin is death, but the **GIFT OF GOD** is **ETERNAL LIFE** in Jesus Christ our Lord!!

John 14:16,17: Jesus says, "I will ask the Father and He will give you another Counselor, the Spirit of truth, to be with you forever!"

Acts 1:4,5: Jesus says, "Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the **GIFT** My Father promised, which you have heard Me speak about. For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be **BAPTIZED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT**!"

2 Corinthians 5:19,21: God was reconciling the world to Himself in Christ, not counting people's sins against them... God made Him who had no sin to be **SIN FOR US**, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God!

Isaiah 1:18: The Lord says, "Though your sins are like scarlet they shall be as **WHITE AS SNOW**!"

Isaiah 53:5,6: He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on Him, and **BY HIS WOUNDS WE ARE HEALED**. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way, and the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all!

I Peter 2:24,25: He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; "BY HIS WOUNDS WE ARE HEALED." For "You were like sheep going astray," but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls!

Colossians 2:13,14: When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God **MADE YOU ALIVE WITH CHRIST**. He forgave us **ALL OUR SINS** having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us, He has taken it away, nailing it to the cross!!

Ephesians 1:4-8: In love He predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will--to the praise of His glorious grace, which He has **FREELY GIVEN US** in the One He loves. In Him we have **REDEMPTION THROUGH HIS BLOOD**, the **FORGIVENESS OF SINS**, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that He lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding!!

Hebrews 10:22,26-28: The law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is **NO FORGIVENESS**... Christ has appeared once for all at the culmination of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of Himself. Just as people are destined to die once and after that to face judgment, so Christ was **SACRIFICED ONCE TO TAKE AWAY THE SINS OF MANY**; and He will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for Him!!

Hebrews 10:5,8-10: When Christ came into the world, He said... "Sacrifices burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not desire, nor were you pleased with them!"-- though they were offered in accordance with the law. Then He said, "Here I am. I have come to do your will." He sets aside the first to establish the second {Covenant}. And by that will, **WE** have been **MADE HOLY THROUGH THE SACRIFICE OF THE BODY OF JESUS CHRIST** **ONCE FOR ALL**!!

I Peter 1:18,19: For you know that it was not with perishable things like silver and gold that you were **REEDEEMED** from the empty way of life handed down to you by your ancestors, but with the **PRECIOUS BLOOD OF CHRIST**, a lamb without blemish or defect!!

John 15:16: Jesus says, "You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit--fruit that will last!!

Romans 9:15,16,18: God says, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion." It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God's mercy... Therefore God has mercy on whom He wants to have mercy, and He hardens whom He wants to harden. {But God's saints still preach God's Word to everyone}

Revelation 17:14: They will wage war against the **LAMB**, but the **LAMB** will triumph over them because He is Lord of lords and King of kings--and with Him will be His **CALLED**, **CHOSEN** and **FAITHFUL** followers!

I John 4:10: This is love: not that we loved God but that He loved us and sent His Son as the **ATONING SACRIFICE FOR OUR SINS**!!

Romans 3:23-25: All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and **ALL** are justified **FREELY** by His grace through the redemption that came through Christ Jesus. God presented Christ as a **SACRIFICE OF ATONEMENT, through the shedding of His blood--to be received by **FAITH**!!{Which is also a **FREE GIFT OF GOD** as per Ephesians 2:8!}

View Profile
History
Bible in a Year
Posted : 8 Jan, 2018 01:58 PM

**ROMAN CATHOLIC DOCTRINE CONCERNING THEIR POPES**

�The Pope is not simply the representative of Jesus Christ. On the contrary, he is Jesus Christ Himself, under the veil of the flesh.�

�The Pope is of so great dignity, and so exalted that he is not a mere man, but as it were God and the vicar of God.� (Ecclesiastical dictionary)

�The Pope and God are the same, so he has all power in Heaven and earth.� (Pope Pius V}

�The Savior Himself is the door of the sheepfold: �I am the door of the sheep.� Into this fold of Jesus Christ, no man may enter unless he be led by the Sovereign Pontiff; and only if they be united to him can men be saved, for the Roman Pontiff is the Vicar of Christ and His personal representative on earth.� (Pope John XXIII}

**THE POPE DECLARED AS INFALLIBLE AND HAS THE POWER TO CHANGE AND ADD TO GOD'S WORD**:

"The Pope takes the place of Jesus Christ on earth...by divine right the Pope has supreme and full power in faith, in morals over each and every pastor and his flock. He is the true vicar, the head of the entire church, the father and teacher of all Christians. He is the infallible ruler, the founder of dogmas, the author of and the judge of councils; the universal ruler of truth, the arbiter of the world, the supreme judge of heaven and earth, the judge of all, being judged by no one, God himself on earth." (Quoted in the New York Catechism)

"The Roman Pontiff, head of the college of bishops, enjoys this infallibility in virtue of his office, when, as Supreme Pastor and teacher of all the faithful--who confirms his brethren in the faith--he proclaims by a definitive act a doctrine pertaining to faith or morals.... The infallibility promised to the Church is also present in the body of bishops when, together with Peter�s successor, �they exercise the supreme Magisterium,� above all in an Ecumenical Council. When the Church through its supreme Magistrium proposes a doctrine �for belief as being divinely revealed,� and as the teaching of Christ, the definitions �must be adhered to with the obedience of faith.� This infallibility extends as far as the deposit of divine revelation itself." (Catechism of the Catholic Church, #891, 1994 edition)

**BUT WHAT DOES GOD'S WORD SAY**??

Pope in Latin means "papa" from Greek word "pappas" which means "Father".. Roman Catholics call the Pope **HOLY FATHER** and call all their priests **FATHERS**???

Matthew 23:9: "Jesus says, "Do not call *ANYONE on earth 'father,' for you have **ONE FATHER**, and He is in *HEAVEN*!!" This is an obvious reference to a **SPIRITUAL FATHER** since earthly fathers of earthly children are mentioned hundreds of times in God's Word.

And so according to Jesus calling priests 'Fathers' or the leader of the Satanic Roman Catholic Church 'Holy Father' is a terrible sin. And since Pope means 'father' it is also a terrible sin to call anyone 'The Pope'! And so 'Pope' Francis really means **FATHER FRANCIS** and he is completely qualified to be the future False Prophet of 666!!

John 14:23,24: Jesus says, "If anyone loves Me, he will obey My teaching. My Father will love him and We will come to him and make Our home with him. He who does not love Me will not obey My teaching. These words you hear are not My own, they belong to the Father who sent Me!!"

I John 2:3-5: We know that we have come to know Him {Jesus} **IF** we obey His commands. The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what He commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him, But if anyone obeys His word, God's love is truly made complete in him!!

Matthew 28:18-20: Jesus says, "**ALL AUTHORITY** in heaven and **ON EARTH** has been given to **ME**. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations...teaching them to obey **EVERYTHING** I have commanded you and surely I am **WITH YOU ALWAYS**, to the very end of the age!!"

Ephesians 1:19-23: That power is like the working of His {The Father} mighty strength, which He exerted in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the ***PRESENT AGE*** but also in the one to come. And God placed **ALL THINGS** under His feet and appointed Him to be the **HEAD OVER EVERYTHING FOR THE CHURCH**, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills everything in every way!!

Ephesians 4:15,16: Speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into Him who is the **HEAD**, that is, **CHRIST**. From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work!

Colossians 1:18 He is the **HEAD** of the body, the **CHURCH**... so that in **EVERYTHING** He may have the **SUPREMACY**!!

Ephesians 5:23: The husband is the head of the wife as **CHRIST IS THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH**, His body, of which He is the Savior!!

Revelation 22:16,18,19: "I, Jesus. have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the Churches.... I warn everyone who hears the **WORDS OF THE PROPHECY OF THIS BOOK**: If anyone **ADDS** {Like the RC Church}anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this Book {Including **ETERNAL HELL**} And if anyone **TAKES WORDS AWAY** from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the Tree of Life and in the Holy City {The New Jerusalem}, which are described in this book."

I Peter 1:23-25: You have been **BORN AGAIN THROUGH THE LIVING AND ENDURING **WORD OF GOD**!! All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field, the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the **WORD OF THE LORD STANDS FOREVER**. And this is the **WORD** that was preached to you.

Matthew 24:35: Jesus says, Heaven and earth will pass away, but **MY WORDS WILL NEVER PASS AWAY**!"

Luke 8:19-21: Now Jesus' mother and brothers came to see Him, but they were not able to get near Him because of the crowd. Someone told Him, "Your mother and brothers are standing outside, waiting to see you." Jesus replied, "My **MOTHER** and brothers are those who hears **GOD'S WORDS** and **PUTS THEM INTO PRACTICE!**"

John 17:17: Jesus prays to His Father, "Sanctify them by the Truth, **YOUR WORD IS TRUTH**!"

View Profile
History
Bible in a Year
Posted : 9 Jan, 2018 02:56 PM

**THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH STAES:

The {NT} Bible was put together by the Catholic Church in the year 393 a.d. There is no point in believing in the Bible if one does not believe in the Catholic Church.

**HOWEVER, THE ROMAN CATHOLIC TEACHES THAT GOD'S WORD IS A **DEAD LETTER** WHICH NEEDS TO INTERPRETED FOR YOU****

""The very nature of the Bible ought to prove to any thinking man the impossibility of its being the one safe method to find out what the Savior taught." (Ibid., p. 67)

"The Scriptures indeed is a divine book but it is a **DEAD LETTER**, which has to be explained." (Our Priesthood, p. 155)

"The simple fact is that the Bible, like all **DEAD LETTERS**, calls for a living interpreter." (The Faith of Millions, p. 155)

"The Bible was not intended to be a textbook of Christian religion." (Catholic Facts, p. 50)

HOWEVER:

The New Testament is constantly under attack, and its reliability and accuracy are often contested by critics. If the critics want to disregard the New Testament, then they must also disregard other ancient writings by Plato, Aristotle, and Homer. This is because the New Testament documents are better-preserved and more numerous than any other ancient writings. Because they are so numerous, they can be cross checked for accuracy . . . and they are very consistent.

There are presently 5,686 Greek manuscripts in existence today for the New Testament. As you can see, there are thousands more New Testament Greek manuscripts than any other ancient writing. The internal consistency of the New Testament documents is about 99.5% textually pure. That is an amazing accuracy. In addition, there are over 19,000 copies in the Syriac, Latin, Coptic, and Aramaic languages. The total supporting New Testament manuscript base is over 24,000.

Taking all languages together, over 24,000 handwritten copies of the New Testament have been recovered. But there is more. Almost the entire New Testament could be reproduced by quotes from the ancient church fathers. �So extensive are these citations that if all other sources for our knowledge of the text of the New Testament were destroyed, they would be sufficient alone for the reconstruction of practically the entire New Testament�

Almost all biblical scholars agree that the New Testament documents were all written before the close of the First Century. If Jesus was crucified in A.D. 33, then that means the entire New Testament was completed within 63 years since Revelation was written in AD 96. This is important because it means there were plenty of people around when the New Testament documents were penned--people who could have contested the writings. In other words, those who wrote the documents knew that if they were inaccurate, plenty of people would have pointed it out. But, we have absolutely no ancient documents contemporary with the First Century that contest the New Testament texts.

The Christian has substantially superior criteria for affirming the New Testament documents than he does for any other ancient writing. It is good evidence on which to base the trust in the reliability of the New Testament.

The skepticism western culture has toward the Biblical record abounds. This attitude has its origin in our adversary. Satan desires to deceive us into thinking our own personal will is to be the standard for life. If Satan and TNT can have success in planting seeds of doubt regarding the veracity of Scripture, there is no limit on how far they can go in pushing his agenda of turning the hearts of men and women away from God.

In the end, we simply need to fall back on faith. We can rest in confidence that our sovereign and powerful God not only inspired the Biblical writers, but He has also providentially overseen its preservation in such a way that the Bible we have today is reliable. It is nothing less than the infallible, inerrant Word of God Himself. The preservation of the New Testament is a living testimony to the unmatched power and providence of God.

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH TEACHES THAT IT CAN CHANGE AND ADD WORDS TO THE INSPIRED WORDS OF GOD**???

**BUT WHAT DOES GOD' WORD SAY**??

Revelation 22:16,18,19: "I, Jesus. have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the Churches.... I warn everyone who hears the **WORDS OF THE PROPHECY OF THIS BOOK**: If anyone **ADDS** {Like the RC Church}anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this Book {Including **ETERNAL HELL**} And if anyone **TAKES WORDS AWAY** {Like the RC Church} from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the Tree of Life and in the Holy City {The New Jerusalem}, which are described in this book."

I Peter 1:23-25: You have been **BORN AGAIN THROUGH THE LIVING AND ENDURING **WORD OF GOD**!! All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field, the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the **WORD OF THE LORD STANDS FOREVER**. And this is the **WORD** that was preached to you.

Matthew 24:35: Jesus says, Heaven and earth will pass away, but **MY WORDS WILL NEVER PASS AWAY**!"

Luke 8:19-21: Now Jesus' mother and brothers came to see Him, but they were not able to get near Him because of the crowd. Someone told Him, "Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to see you." Jesus replied, "My **MOTHER** and brothers are those who hears **GOD'S WORDS** and **PUTS THEM INTO PRACTICE!**"

John 17:17: Jesus prays to His Father, "Sanctify them by the Truth, **YOUR WORD IS TRUTH**!"

Page : 1 2 3 4 5