Author Thread: When was the last time you....
Admin

When was the last time you....
Posted : 14 Jan, 2018 08:37 PM

Hello Gents

I'm wondering when was the last time you asked a woman on a date after only a brief interaction with her? This past practice seems to be dying out, especially among Christian men.

Thanks for your participation!

1jon310

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jan, 2018 08:37 PM

No one has answered yet so I will. The last time that I was even on a date was 1999. About five months before I entered into a relationship with Christ.

It may help if you be more specific about what you mean by a "brief interaction." Online, just introduced in person, phone conversation, work interaction?

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jan, 2018 05:19 PM

There are certainly women that I would *like* to ask out after a "brief interaction," but in the grand scheme of things, this seems unwise. While they may not wear a ring, they may be involved with someone else. There may be a host of issues and environments that would make such an advance awkward (am I going to ask a bank teller out on a date after a short interaction? That new secretary at work?). It doesn't require a date, per se, to get to know someone enough to know whether a more serious pursuit is warranted. I'm not the type to date around. I believe any woman I am interested in deserves my undivided attention, not "I can pencil you in next Thursday." I realize I am not a typical guy in most respects, but here I think precede with caution is the order of the day...*especially* as a Christian man. Regards, Joel.

bushfire^

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Mar, 2018 12:22 PM

Last fall. I don't know about everyone else, but I seldom meet others in the little bit I get out and about into society. I don't meet ladies when I take the boat out fishing. I don't meet ladies when I go to the shooting range. I don't meet ladies at church. I did have a great conversation with one of the managers at the grocery store recently. Great conversation that lasted 10-15 minutes. I did not ask her out. I don't know her faith and secondly, I don't view kindness/friendliness as an indicator of asking someone out. I've been friendly to women and noticed it is usually viewed as flirtation with one of 2 results: They like it and ask when we're going out or don't like it because they think I'm flirting with them. I ask, what happened to the day when you could speak to someone and it NOT be viewed as flirtatious?