Author Thread: WHERE IS THE CHRIST IN CHRISTIANS?
dedicated2U

View Profile
History
WHERE IS THE CHRIST IN CHRISTIANS?
Posted : 27 Feb, 2018 07:44 PM

A humble, happy servant who cares for others and keeps his body in subjection, not giving in to lusts and subverting others to sin, saying I can do this, I am a Christian! What example to the world is this? Where is the take up your cross daily, turn away from sin, do not let it reign over you? I get so many letters form people on sites that look at my Christianity and maybe see it as a joke and want to know why I am not normal because I save myself for marriage. They feel because my x cheated on and left me makes ME a cast off who will do most ANYTHING, but I humbly and joyfully serve my KING and LORD! and he wants people not to be alone or hurt eachother. It grieves him when relationships fail, when men and women lie to eachother and say it's ok, I can do this, I am a Christian. If that is CHRISTLIKE to don the world, and obey the lusts, and I do not mean let us be cold condemning hate filled people, but LOVE, REAL LOVE is to obey God and not to be ashamed of it, but walk each day with the power NOT to sin, and to find a true spouse who walks that day, WITH YOU>

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2018 07:57 PM

Great message!! Jesus said: "...not everyone who says to me Lord Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven, only he who does the will of my father...". Many will even claim certian good works. They will say we performed miracles in Jesus name and all kinds of other good things, but Jesus says he will say to those people on judgement day: "..depart from you who work iniquity...". Goes to show we cannot call on the Lord in a frivolous carefree fashion and go on living in sin the same o'way. We can't do occasional good works, in a false effort, to cover up our bad works either. Remember the guy who delighted in giving money to the poor? He made sure everybody saw him do it too. Jesus said this man has already has received his reward--the praise of men. People who think they can do good works for the purpose of self glory, commit a grievous sin. Instead of eternal reward from God, they will receive only the soon forgotten glory of people

Chioniso

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 May, 2018 05:43 AM

Amen. Lets pray for divine direction, always