Author Thread: A Stronger Marriage
TravisjustTravis

View Profile
History
A Stronger Marriage
Posted : 31 Jul, 2018 06:42 PM

In general, finances are the leading cause of stress in a relationship but student debt takes a particularly hard toll on a marriage.

More than a third of borrowers said college loans and other money factors contributed to their divorce.

13 percent of divorcees blame student loans specifically for ending their relationship

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
A Stronger Marriage
Posted : 31 Jul, 2018 08:15 PM

In my experience the leading cause of stress in a relationship is selfishness and taking your partner for granted.

kartini

View Profile
History
A Stronger Marriage
Posted : 1 Aug, 2018 06:12 PM

A Strong Marriage

The fear of the Lord is foundational to any blessing of God upon our own lives as well as upon the members of our family. If we are living in the fear of the Lord, all of our efforts and struggles to build a marriage and family that will glorify God will not fall short in the long run. Trusting and obeying God and His Word will always bear a rich and fruitful harvest in our lives and home.

Shalom...

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
A Stronger Marriage
Posted : 1 Aug, 2018 10:14 PM

Fear of the Lord does not prevent the stresses and strains of life from happening to us, but it should affect the way we approach every situation, as people we are often selfish the key to a stronger marriage is learning to selfless.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
A Stronger Marriage
Posted : 2 Aug, 2018 01:26 AM

* learning to be selfless *

View Profile
History
A Stronger Marriage
Posted : 7 Aug, 2018 09:06 AM

TRUE. I have read articles and blogs written by divorced people where they describe what went wrong... And yes, money problems are a huge issue! In fact, one of my friends divorced because his wife began spending money like crazy. She got credit cards and maxed them out. She bought all sorts of things. And he discovered that they were in huge debt only when the notices started coming. When you lose TRUST in a marriage partner, it's very-very hard to save the marriage.

"More than a third of borrowers said college loans and other money factors contributed to their divorce."

Yeah, that's why I am looking for someone who has very little or no debt. I would rather marry someone who has no education whatsoever than to marry a super BRAIN genius woman who has lots of debt.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
A Stronger Marriage
Posted : 16 Aug, 2018 09:10 AM

Well maybe things are different in America, because I've never met anyone whose marriage failed because of debt, student or otherwise.

View Profile
History
A Stronger Marriage
Posted : 16 Aug, 2018 08:13 PM

Many Americans are greedy, shallow and materialist.

View Profile
History
A Stronger Marriage
Posted : 18 Aug, 2018 01:26 PM

Marriages might not fail by reason of debt alone, but the resentment and bitterness stirred up over financial divorce settlements and maintenance payments often puts payed to any chance for reconciliation. It's a dispiriting thing to see given that the only debt we have is to love one another.

Marcouse

View Profile
History
A Stronger Marriage
Posted : 23 Aug, 2018 02:08 PM

Debt to a greater or lesser extent could be a measure of intelligence. You don't need a great income to be debt free, just don't buy stuff you can't afford.

People seek comfort in materialism, relationships, drugs etc.

Seek truth and you may find comfort.

Seek comfort and you will find despair. C.S. Lewis

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
A Stronger Marriage
Posted : 25 Aug, 2018 01:36 PM

Debt does end many marriages, it's important to pick spouse that has same financial interests as yours.

More marriages break up over finances than infidelity !!

Page : 1 2