Author Thread: What is the point of marriage
TravisjustTravis

View Profile
History
What is the point of marriage
Posted : 16 Aug, 2018 09:30 PM

I do not think that marriage is designed to just be a trophy on the wall.

Genesis 1:28

God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground."

I think that you can live out this verse even if you have zero biological children. Our society is filled with broken males that have little to no concept that GOD has given them the responsibility to "be fruitful and multiply" (I think that means that we are to teach our children to act like GOD) and that is who we as men are to represent here on earth.

In the Hebrew mindset if you were a carpenter, then most likely your father, grandfather, and grandfathers-father were carpenters.

Let's look at the way that JESUS choose to change the world...obviously it was with HIS million man church. Except I do not think that HE started out with a large crowd. JESUS poured the majority of HIS time into the lives of a handful of men. So basically JESUS taught HIS children (except they were called disciples) to act like GOD. A mighty river will dry up if it is not fed by smaller streams. The river is the culture that we live in, and children are like streams. The culture has an anti-Biblical view on marriage...so you need to demonstrate a Biblical marriage!

What you do not want to do is partner in marriage with a wreckingball, because that would send mixed messages to the kids.

Marcouse

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Aug, 2018 01:51 PM

I think the world is subdued enough, with us about to enter the tribulation probably as well to go MGTOW.

If in the unlikely event you can find a woman that will submit to you as a leader and stand by important decisions you will soon have to make then she might be worth a go. Any remote hint of feminism will ultimately drag you down.

Nibiru (Wormwood) as featured in Daniel & Revelation is close..

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Aug, 2018 01:22 PM

Marriage is a commitment, of course it can be broken, however it is more of a honor than just Dating.

icemaiden

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Sep, 2018 04:27 AM

Indeed. 1Cor 7:5-10

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Sep, 2022 09:30 AM

To live unhappily ever after.