Author Thread: Taken In Again
musician47

View Profile
History
Taken In Again
Posted : 20 Oct, 2018 05:20 PM

Well, I've had "the game" played on me again. Met this lady from the Philippines on here, we did well in messaging, she paints sweet verbal pictures of us on an imaginary date, blah, blah. At one point, she was afraid I was writing other women, I thought the same about her writing other men. We learned we weren't. Things were humming along pretty well, when all of a sudden, she gets a bee in her bonnet to have a friend get her on a dating site. Huh? I thought THIS was a dating site! All of a sudden, I am yesterday's chopped liver, and she's wanting a MAN! Someone to talk to a few days then marry him to support her! It's been a few years since I was taken in and stung by a "lady" like her, but yepper, it still happens. I let her know a few things of how I felt about her game. It was not funny. She claimed we were "friends" but friends don't do friends like this. Say one thing one time, then do something else the next. I think I've learned this time, but then I've said that for the past several years every time one of them pulls this line of bull on me. American women are mysterious enough, but those from other countries, forget it. You will lose, guys! Thank God for giving me the only angel on earth that was just plan her and no one else, and who didn't know how to play games. I miss her so much, but one day, we will be reunited in Heaven. Hope this is a lesson for others who buy lines easily like I did. They are only THAT...Just WORDS with no heart in them.

ROSEX5YAPx

View Profile
History
Taken In Again
Posted : 5 Nov, 2018 11:50 AM

One of the problems on here is all the scammers. I have been approached by so many that I probably say no and block even decent men. When I do take a chance I pray a LOT about it. One clue is when they say this is their last day and they simply must have your phone # before it is too late.

Dazz

View Profile
History
Taken In Again
Posted : 8 Nov, 2018 07:49 PM

I'm still pretty new at this, but it's not encouraging.

I thought long and hard before trying online dating. I signed up for eHarmony because it seemed less trashy than the rest, then found this place and also signed up here.

Starting to feel the whole thing is just a colossal waste of time.

In so far as I can see whether messages have been read or ladies have view my profile, it seems the vast majority are completely inactive. Either that or simply downright rude. I get that even women are exposed to scammers, and yes even on a Christian Site, but if you're just going to ignore every approach, then why bother?

Dazz

View Profile
History
Taken In Again
Posted : 16 Nov, 2018 07:37 AM

And can I just add, that it is really disappointing how many people espouse Christianity, say they want a Godly man, then are outright ride, callous, and judgemental.

Can you believe it, I generally get more politeness from non-Christians. Along the lines of "Hi, thanks for the smile, I'm not really all that religious so I don't know if I'm what you're looking for."

Christians should also understand that you are actually being fundamentally dishonest and deceitful, if you maintain an active profile on a dating site, but have no interest in replying to anyone.

Page : 1 2