Author Thread: How much do looks matter?
Admin

How much do looks matter?
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 10:29 PM

I am not the best looking guy in the world. How much does that matter? Are you all looking for Brad Pitt?

[S]

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jun, 2009 07:02 PM

dear tkn, rofl your mom was a trip hehe

ole cattle

Shunammite

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jun, 2009 07:25 PM

Its in the eye of the beholder.

For most matured people. they've gone past outer looks to the inner man! And that does shine through, you know?

B'Loved!

BibleGent

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jun, 2009 01:44 AM

Getting passed the looks and seeing the personality I think is a whole different matter. If you dismiss, or overlook the person based on appearance (which happens A LOT) you will never see the personality or depth of character. Guys do it too though, just as much or more. Still some of the best people I've met aren't beauty queens or models.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jun, 2009 08:32 AM

dear gent, welcome to the forums.

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jun, 2009 05:36 AM

Looks shouldn't matter but they do, in all honesty. How many people truly go beyond the picture to find out about the person? Very few. (even on Christian sites) If a person spent as much time trying to find out about a person as they do in the "interview" process then more relationships might be forged and lasting. It's a wonderful thing to know that God looks at the heart and falls madly in love with us over and over. He was always a prime example of

how it should be...There is something to be said about "His thoughts are not our thoughts and His ways are not our ways...! Maybe we need to have more of His mind and less or ours...!???

:) Robin

1LovelyItaliana

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jul, 2009 02:18 AM

Depends on the woman. We all have our own preferances. I, personally, find that if he has an average looking face, I don't mind that- - I grow to love it. As far as being fat... here's the clinker... I'm 21 years old and I want my future husband to be my example. I want him to take me places to exercise together...keeping each other accountable. So my big turn off is a guy that is a homebody and doesn't care about being healthy. We need to treat our bodies as holy temples unto the Lord... I don't want a family with a weight problem... I come from one and it's not fun. So looks matter to an extent... I mean I wouldn't MIND a Brad Pitt, but I don't set that kind of expectation because love is wrapped in all different types of faces, shapes, and sizes. I'd just want my love tailored by God to my needs and me to his needs. I hope this helped! Blessings, xo M

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jul, 2009 12:23 PM

its it NOT what you look like on the outside but what your heart looks like. For me I could be different than most women but I do not think once we get over a certain age that we are that shallow

ChRaSaBa

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jul, 2009 07:53 PM

Samson,

I'd like to say that looks don't matter, but as I have been finding out, it does. I have been on three Christian sites and have only gotten one person that has responded to my profile. My sister was on the web site quite a few days and only had a couple of views. She put her picture out on the sites (she is very pretty) and has gotten numerous responses. I just put my picture out there so we'll see.

However, I am resting in the fact that God loves me no matter what I look like and that He has someone out there for me that will love me no matter what.

Christine

Page : 1 2