Author Thread: Favorites
Admin

Favorites
Posted : 13 Jan, 2019 10:18 AM

Okay, guys, serious question. There's a thing on this site called "favorites." I am assuming that if you add this person to your favorites, it means you read their profile and liked something in it.

But then there's a section on your profile that says you can only contact this member if you appear on (insert number) of other members' favorites. This number varies from 1 to as many as 7 or 8!

Here's the thing. Is this a little unrealistic, to only want someone who appears as someone else's favorite? Doesn't that suggest that you only want this person to contact you if they are competing with others for you, or that you have to compete with? Is this a little unrealistic, especially for a site that seems like it's really not that busy to begin with? Or does this mean that the more favorites that a woman appears on, must mean that she is worth pursuing rather than those who appear on none?

My question is really, what do men mean when they say a woman can only message them when they appear on 5 other member's favorites list?

Cinderbelle13

View Profile
History
Favorites
Posted : 14 Jan, 2019 06:58 PM

The messaging requirements is a separate thing from the 'number of times people added you as a favorite'. The closeness in proximity to these lines is definitely confusing. The line about number/favorites is actually about the profile you're viewing. In your account settings, you can choose whether or not this line appears on your own profile, so people can see how many times you've been favorited. I hope that helps/makes it less confusing!

View Profile
History
Favorites
Posted : 15 Jan, 2019 08:01 PM

oh, so on a guy's profile, there is a section that says "to message ____ you must meet the following criteria" it does not include "must appear on ___ member's favorites list" - that is a separate section?

If so, that makes a whole lot more sense and guys here are not as over-confident as I thought. LOL

View Profile
History
Favorites
Posted : 16 Jan, 2019 04:54 PM

By the way, the word "Favorite" is not a good title, I think. It should be changed to "LIKE," because you can like 100 people, and that's fine. But you can't have 100 favorites people. A Favorite means "BEST," something that stands out, something that is above everything else. So, I think the title is a bit misleading...

Cinderbelle13

View Profile
History
Favorites
Posted : 16 Jan, 2019 05:32 PM

@JanC right lol It should definitely be placed and worded differently, such as '__username of person you're viewing__ appears on __number__ members' list of favorites'. I also agree that it should be named differently from favorites. Would be nice to change 'winks' to 'smiles' as well.

SeekingGodsBest74

View Profile
History
Favorites
Posted : 16 Jan, 2019 07:49 PM

I wish you could remove people who have added you as a favorite.

View Profile
History
Favorites
Posted : 17 Jan, 2019 08:58 AM

Also, please keep in mind, most members use CDFF app on their cellphones. They could add ‘favorite” unintentionally. While scrolling super-speedy fast through profiles, just a light touch on the screen could send a wink or add “favorite” without even noticing it.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Favorites
Posted : 17 Jan, 2019 01:17 PM

Yes that has happened to me a few times when using my phone, and I've then had to quickly remove them lol.