Author Thread: Too old fashioned?
Mykull

View Profile
History
Too old fashioned?
Posted : 27 Sep, 2019 03:35 PM

It's obvious I am here because I am single. I have never been married. So I have to wonder if my standards are still too high. I was raised in a church. I lived in an old small country town. So my thoughts are very old fashioned and backwoodies. Anyways to get to my point I now am only really looking for a naturally born, straight, non smoking, non drug user, female. I have visited a lot of dating websites over the years and most females, I would guess 95%, are either smokers and / or bisexual or transgender. I was taught if God wanted us to smoke we would have chimneys on our heads. I was also taught that it is man and wife. Not man and man or woman and woman. I know God said to love your neighbors like you love yourself. But I can't see all this bisexual / homosexual stuff. I was raised that, that was a choice. You weren't born that way. But I digress. I was also taught that it was wrong to date outside your own race. And I don't judge anyone as that is not my job. God is the only one we have to answer to. So I keep quite about the subject but the site of interracial anything turns my stomach. I was also taught to have respect for church, God and the word of God. With that being said I was taught you had to dress up to attend church to show respect for the church and for God. And we never ever ate or drank in the sanctuary as that was a big big no no. I have visited a few churches over the years since I moved to a new area and none believe what I was taught. Peole wear t-shirts and jeans to church or old work clothes. I don't think they have respect for themselves let alone for God or the church. Then a few even served cookies and drinks and was encouraged to bring them into the sanctuary. I couldn't believe my eyes. Then of course the interracial couples. All I could not believe the pastor / preacher / minister/ etc. would let go on. If any of these thing happened at the church I grew up in the pastor would of called those people out in front of everyone. Not one on one, just in a friendly reminder like, we need to dress appropriately in the house of God, so please do so, and so on. Anyone else older then 40 feel the way I do? Or is it just me? I know I was probably taught wrong but like they say, you can't teach an old dog new tricks or change their mind. Sorry for the long post and thanks you for your time.

Mykull

View Profile
History
Too old fashioned?
Posted : 4 Mar, 2020 02:22 PM

I guess I should clarify my response a little better. The region I live in most women smoke. The last census said something like 65% of all women in the area smoked. I can't be around smoke of any kind. And most women in my region, again around 60% are gay or bisexual. I don't approve of it. Was always taught that was wrong. And a lot of women in my region more then 50% are atheist. Which like I said in my response, did that once don't want to do it again. So its slim pickin' s around here for a decent "normal" female. So like I stated before as long as they believe in God and the Bible and have it in their heart and soul. I would date them. As if I get too specific, well, I'll die a lonely man. At our age we can't be that picky or have too high of standards. Just my thoughts.

View Profile
History
Too old fashioned?
Posted : 29 Mar, 2020 06:07 AM

I second Little Lamb's thoughts. Additionally God has remnants everywhere. There is just a woman with the same Kingdom mindset as you in that locality. Do not give up...but again cast your nets wider...do not utterly frown at interracial marriages. Test everything with God's Word. I always say, for example, many might believe there are a lot of scammers and poverty in Africa...but I always say..God is in Africa. Genuine faith in Christ Jesus...most of our nation's frown and reject homosexuality there are not so many women taking up on smoking...like they do drinking . Believe God has remnants in your locality too. Also remember, it is by Grace we are saved, it is a gift from God. Salvation is not of ourselves, lest any person should boast. Salmon married Rahab the harlot, and Boaz, Ruth the Moabite. Let the Spirit guide in all things. Thank you.

Quiznos

View Profile
History
Too old fashioned?
Posted : 23 Jun, 2020 05:49 PM

The traditions of men vs the Word of GOD Almighty.

The so called ' church ' doctrines vs the Word of GOD Almighty.

When the SON sets you free you are free indeed.

Page : 1 2