Author Thread: Snobbing/ghosting
Sherry_J

View Profile
History
Snobbing/ghosting
Posted : 14 Nov, 2019 11:32 AM

Guys what makes you ignore a lady's message ?

And what makes you ghost a lady without giving a reason after a short while?

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Snobbing/ghosting
Posted : 24 Nov, 2019 11:59 AM

Who ya gonna call? Snobbing/Ghosting Busters!

Sorry, too much caffeine.

View Profile
History
Snobbing/ghosting
Posted : 1 Dec, 2019 02:29 PM

I have not ever done ghosting. If interest was lost it is good practice for being a "man" about it and politely thank her for the conversation then let her know I'll on my way.

View Profile
History
Snobbing/ghosting
Posted : 1 Dec, 2019 07:13 PM

As i have never ghosted someone it's a good start well i think is very unpolite, taking into account this is a serious site. For me sincerity is cheap then if you don't want to talk just be honest and say it, however few people have done this to me before in this site even being brief and courteous.

Iliachen

View Profile
History
Snobbing/ghosting
Posted : 1 Dec, 2019 08:42 PM

As a woman who's always had a decent number of guy friends, and has been told I can relate to them on a certain level, I'll say this: sometimes ghosting really is just easier. I think it comes from a place of knowing that person will feel crushed if you DO say, "Sorry, I'm not interested." Or they'll act entitled as butts, then turn nasty and say, "Well I wasn't really that interested in you anyway, you're not all that."

One of the reasons I struggle to find female friends is because I think they're bat-tish crazy as well. I don't understand where some of their expectations come from, except for "woke" culture. They'll say one thing, mean another. They want guys to open doors for them, yet will snap at them about gender roles.

Alternatively, there's only a few times I've ghosted guys. I've had some guys actually say, "Lol, wouldn't it be funny if we were soulmates?" I've had single dads hit me up from what I could tell was a place of pure desperation and not wanting to feel alone.

Bottom line: I think it's about sensing the heaviness of baggage the person has. It's not hard to read between the lines, if you know what to look for. It takes understanding just enough psychology, with a dash of street smarts.

On another Christian dating app I've been on, the worst are the ones who match with everyone, just to advertise their Insta. I tested it out maybe 3 times, all the same results.

missionarySWISS

View Profile
History
Snobbing/ghosting
Posted : 8 Feb, 2020 02:25 PM

i don't ghost.

i live by the golden rule, both online, and offline.

ghosting is basically a sign of selfishness: you choose for for your own reasons, not to leave a conversation on good civil terms

where did Jesus treat people as disrespectfully as how ghosting treats people?

this question almost justifies NOT ACTING LIKE JESUS, as a possible norm in today's online culture....

View Profile
History
Snobbing/ghosting
Posted : 29 Feb, 2020 11:41 AM

Ignore a message? Not that I get any, but the woman is not a good match with me, different values, lives half way across the country (Can't date at that distance!), different denominations (Seems a lot of evangelicals don't believe Catholics are Christian), different interests, bad attitude. Really, the same reasons women reject men.

View Profile
History
Snobbing/ghosting
Posted : 29 Feb, 2020 11:46 AM

Happened to me the other day on FB. Who knows what he problem was?!?!?! If she disappears I assume she lost interest, has no more to say, is a lousy conversationalist, whatever. If she goes, then she's gone! It's like they'd say on Garage Logic "You have to give me something to work with!" I figured I'd gone her as far as it was going to go and I found something else to do.

View Profile
History
Snobbing/ghosting
Posted : 29 Feb, 2020 11:48 AM

And if she figures I'm not worthy of her time anymore then it's HER loss and I check my email, go to bed, work offline. You can't force the woman to be interested when she sees a gentleman as just another LOSER!

Page : 1 2