Author Thread: For all Girls aged 40 or more about initiating contact
Admin

For all Girls aged 40 or more about initiating contact
Posted : 29 Nov, 2019 02:07 AM

My experience off and on the last two years has been that it seems the women from my generation are less likely to make first contact. Its like our generation are still wanting to be approached by the guy. If I send a wink or intro message, there's a pretty good chance I'll get a pleasant response....... not to say these responses necessarily go anywhere.

So occasionally I get the nerve and just send initial contact of whatever type to all those in my favorites.

Do you girls agree (think this is true) with that thinking???

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Nov, 2019 03:11 PM

I'd say, go for it. If you find someone who you fancy, write to her. What's the worst that could happen? She'll either ignore you or reply. But don't just say hi. Write something interesting that could elicit a response. Even if you're not the lady's type, you might just get a response for the mere fact that your correspondence moved her to answer. Ànd if she does, then show her that you're worth her time. And yes, ladies prefer men who initiate the conversation.

Iliachen

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Nov, 2019 06:54 PM

I'm not 40, but I'm traditional about guys making first contact. Sometimes I will instead, but because I've learned my generation is more open... and I'm still not like most women.

I identify with those older than me based on my life experiences. Older doesn't always mean more mature, nor wise, lol.

But even though we may want the guy to make the first move, it's *how* you approach that's key. Saying "Hi, how are you," isn't enough. I give a substantial bio in my profile to offer talking points. No one bothers to read it! At least for me, I want a reason to talk. Something that hooks me. It doesn't have to be profound, just a topic prompt.

But if they still don't offer more, then you're better off without them, lol.

Generally speaking, women aren't looks based, but image based. As in, how a guy presents himself. Many read into photos guys post, which is why catfish are successful. They prey on our psychology. But that aside, we look at how a guy dresses, how he grooms himself, the effort put into choosing/taking nice photos, etc. Photos tell a story, and that plays a big part in whom we respond to.

I personally focus less on aesthetics to see what a guy's hoping to get across. I have some good guy friends who help me interpret guy speak. So, some of us try to meet you guys half way!

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Nov, 2019 04:06 AM

Wow! You've reached 2000 views in a matter of hours! How is that possible? Are there that many women over 40 here? Amazing!

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Nov, 2019 01:36 PM

Yes, I am astonished to see 2827 views! Had to show my roommate. Thank you for such valuable insights!! You cannot buy that kind of unbiased info!

rest assured Iliachen: I read your profile IN FULL the other day. I wanted to learn more about this hottie smoking a cigar. Great approach BTW.

I love this forum category. Might have more questions.

Iliachen

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Nov, 2019 10:10 PM

Haha, I appreciate you reading. I don't know about being a hottie. I always say that Snapseed raises my self esteem. I'm not big on photos of myself, but I wanted to prove to myself a woman can take a cool looking cigar photo without looking like a thot.

slightlybrokenwing72

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Dec, 2019 12:46 PM

its probably a generational thing... i'm re-training as a nurse and the women i go to school with are in their 20s... and they're not shy at all to initiate contact... and they kinda don't understand why i can't/won't...

my parents were older and we watched movies from the 1940s and early 50s... so I guess that's where I get my values from? don't kiss till the third date :P lol...

idk... i figure that if i look at a guy's profile... that he'd probably look back at mine. (although that's not often true) If i get a profile view and nothing else.. well, i figure that he read my profile and has no interest... i mean, if he saw something wouldn't he write? idk. (winks don't even count, i mean, what does that mean anyway?). not that i callously think 'ok w/e'... it can be disappointing to get a profile view and no message sometimes...

and yeah, also what was said before... if someone writes 'hi" and "blah blah your appearance"... umm... okay. my profile is pretty long... if you read it you should find something to engage me with... i mean... in a relationship there's communication... i want to be heard, listened to, valued... someday i'm wrinkly and you can't then talk about my appearance, right? love is a connection at the level of the soul...

(i did *almost* send a message once... almost... but he checked my profile after I looked at his the fourth time... no response, so... idk, felt that i'd not get response, so... :( )

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Dec, 2019 04:44 PM

thanks for all the valuable insight. I agree with all the comments about viewing profiles, guys stepping up to make an intelligent initial contact, etc. I have received a "wink"from a woman recently. Glad to see it, it told me to contact that person if interested because she's kind've already shown there is little risk. In her case she was very attractive (inside and well as outside) I would've made first contact anyway because it seemed there would be a good fit and potential for possibly more. Always send a written into though and not just a wink.

Iliachen

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Dec, 2019 07:29 PM

Wing: I understand the anxiety. As a fellow introvert, I'll tell you: read the profile, type up a quick but thoughtful message in Notepad, re-read it so you don't feel you have regrets, then send it. Always approach it as meeting a new friend, but hint at more. Maybe with a small joke.

I'm just throwing that idea out there really. I approach people how I want to be approached.

I never do winks. I don't wink in real life, unless I'm up to something...

slightlybrokenwing72

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Dec, 2019 02:17 PM

thanks... I... well, I can't let myself stay trapped in the 1950s... they're... well, sadly gone.

and.. well, i can't complain that no one write me (unless they need a visa to europe :P lol ), if i've made no effort to contact anyone...

writing to offer friendship sounds like something that would help... might help me to get started. hard though cos if i did write someone, some strong feeling would have to be there for me to get over the shyness and 40 plus years of waiting to be approached...

but yeah, that's how i've got to think to get myself started. and time passes, and i'm not going to meet the right kind of guy at nursing school (they're all in their 20s lol) or at karaoke nights (i need a spiritual man, and for w/e reason, they don't tend to sing :P lol )... so yeah, thanks... i'll *try *

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Feb, 2020 02:31 AM

Its so disheartening to take the time to write a message send it, have it read by the person. Who in turn views your profile sometimes multiple times. But does'nt have the common curtousy to send a brief thanks, but no thanks type message. I'm open to talking to people online, but I no longer initiate contact. But respond to all messages wether im interested or not...

Page : 1 2