Author Thread: Would you choose your pet?
Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Would you choose your pet?
Posted : 6 Dec, 2019 12:12 PM

If a man you're interested in doesn't like your Pets , then what ?

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Dec, 2019 12:27 PM

Pets are family. I met a woman about a year ago, and she said something about getting rid of my cat shortly afterwards. I ended that brief relationship right there and told her why.

I'm not even a cat person, but I like my cat. She's family and my relationship is unique with her. She likes to hang out with my dogs too, and she has a special way of calming me down when I get upset with the dogs, because I know at least one critter around the house follows the rules and doesn't get in trouble. It's not the dogs. :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Dec, 2019 09:43 PM

The right man would not want me to give up my pets.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Dec, 2019 09:40 PM

I've known the pet a lot longer than any man I meet. I won't take a chance on the pet being abused. So, if the guy likes animals, fine. If not - he's out.

Darksilverlining

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Dec, 2019 09:53 PM

Pet all the way.

Rayne5

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jan, 2020 10:03 PM

It depends, does he not like but tolerates them? In that case, compromises can be made in which I keep them but also keep them out of his way. He doesn't have to love or like them. Does he want me to "get rid of them" no compromise? Then sorry, bye fella. The forcing or demanding of someone to get rid of their pets to suit their preferences just raises a lot of red flags for other potential problems. I can live without pets, just have to wait until my current ones have passed on naturally.

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Mar, 2022 03:57 PM

Good for you... 😁

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Mar, 2022 04:01 PM

l'm old enough, and learned through trial and error, 'love loyally those that loyally love you'.