Author Thread: God gave me confirmation that I am going to have a wife
Admin

God gave me confirmation that I am going to have a wife
Posted : 30 Jan, 2020 10:45 AM

I've been praying and asking the Lord to let me have a wife. And that's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Every day when I wake up and every night before I go to sleep. The Lord put a few scriptures on my heart to read before, but this seemed so different. I went to get a haircut the other day and I heard this song called Blessings by Florida Georgia Line. Before I got there I was praying for God to bless me with a wife. Then I heard this song, one specific lyric got my attention "God made two lovers out of strangers." . As soon as I heard that I knew that was God confirming that I am going to have a wife. I believed He would give me a wife before that, but there was still a little shred of doubt still hanging around. I know He will let me find her. He is preparing my wedding day. He is writing my love story. Praise Jesus.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Feb, 2020 07:54 PM

Morgan, I wrote a post commending some of your posts. I really think some things you write make a lot of sense.

But—-after reading this thread and some threads below, I feel I should adjust my compliment just a bit.

Let me start by first directing your attention to scripture.

Ask yourself to check for scriptural support suggesting that God makes promises to us in song lyrics.

How do know God chose that particular lyric? How do you know it was God?

I have a better idea. Immerse yourself in God’s word and earnestly seek his kingdom. If you do that, you can have confidence in your own decisions—because you have set your heart on him knowing him first—not on getting a wife first.

Too many people looking to quirky things and listening for voices to find God’s will. But no scripture even suggests this.

But scripture does command us to seek first his kingdom. The only way you can seek his kingdom is through his word.

Think of it this way: When your thoughts are under the control of God’s word—what kind of decisions will you make?

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Feb, 2020 09:20 PM

Thanks. I always spend most of my time in prayer. I trust God with my life. Even if I never have a wife I'm still going to trust in Him. He knows my heart and He knows what I need.

Teddyhug^

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2020 09:58 AM

Morgan you said "The Lord put a few scriptures on my heart to read before, but this seemed so different." but then you drifted off on some song claiming Yah was speaking to you through that song about a "confirmed" going to have a wife soon thing.

The reason why you thought it "seemed so different" is because it was not given by Yahuwah in a song lyric, He speaks to you through the Bible and confirms by His set apart Holy Spirit to you. You chose to believe the song lyric this time. There are hundreds of secular song lyrics talking about love and such but have nothing to do with real love found in the Bible! Right?

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Mar, 2020 09:56 PM

Teddy Hug, instead of tearing someone down, why didn't you read David's answer. Besides being common sense, it was kind and truthful. helpful. All you do is ridicule people. Go back and read what David said, perhaps you will learn something.