Author Thread: Probably The Easiest To Answer
LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Probably The Easiest To Answer
Posted : 26 Feb, 2020 07:25 PM

Because the Bible says so

2Cor6:14Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership can righteousness have with wickedness? Or what fellowship does light have with darkness? 15What harmony is there between Christ and Belial?c Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 16What agreement can exist between the temple of God and idols?

1Cor7:39The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; >>only in the Lord<<.

CelticAkgal

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Mar, 2020 12:45 AM

Thanks for correcting that. Sexual immorality and abuse are reasons for biblical divorces. Gods speed to everyone here.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Apr, 2020 01:04 PM

Countryivy

Stop questioning me and just read what's already posted.

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Apr, 2020 07:33 PM

I did read what was there and it was not clear what you meant. That's why I asked for clarification. Since you don't want to clarify, I am left to assume that you meant that divorce is allowed in cases of both sexual immorality and if a spouse is an unbeliever. That is wrong. The Bible teaches that if your spouse is an unbeliever, you must remain married to them, unless they abandon you.

1 Corinthians 7:12-16

To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her. And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

But if the unbeliever leaves, let it be so. The brother or the sister is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace. How do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Or, how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife?

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Apr, 2020 10:42 PM

Why make everything so complicated? Because sometimes people do not read slowly and comprehend what they read.

Wise Way posted: Matthew 5:32. Though the LORD hates divorce, an allowance for remarriage (not a command) is given for cases of sexual immorality. .....The first response to his post was Cupcake saying : Many Christians are ignorant to the fact that scripture does allow Divorce in such circumstances.

Thats very easy to read and see that she is responding to wise ways post about sexual immortality. THe End. ......There are no questions to ask about her reply.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Apr, 2020 06:05 AM

Countryivy

Don't assume what I meant .

Read the Bible.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Apr, 2020 08:48 AM

Needsafriend, the topic is being married to an unbeliever. Not a stretch to think that that is what Cupcake was talking about.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Apr, 2020 08:51 AM

Cupcake, I don't see how I have any other choice. I did ask you to clarify what you meant. You refused to answer.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Apr, 2020 09:28 AM

Countryivy

Yes go bug some one else !

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Sep, 2020 01:37 PM

To marry an 'unbeliever' is to get Satan for a father-in-law... People serve either one master, or the other - talk about 'sleeping with the enemy'! it becomes slowly apparent, and very 'real', after some point... The problem is they are very good at putting on Satan's robe of deception and deceit...

There are many who 'profess' to be Christians, they know enough to 'pass' but when it gets down to it, they are 'corrupt pretenders'... hiding behind the banner of supposed belief... They are often narcissists... If satan has a true seed in the flesh - it is 'The Narcissist'.

I never even knew about such a thing until about 6 years ago, other than the 'myth' of Narcissus. And now they are crawling out of the woodwork like roaches! The 'selfie generation' has bloomed and seeded the fertile ground of 'SELF-importance' being the end all of every thing that might be esteemed as 'having value'.... aaargh!

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Oct, 2020 07:24 AM

Thanks for you response Right AQuietLife.

Page : 1 2 3