Author Thread: I wish I could meet a woman who doesn't think I'm ugly
Admin

I wish I could meet a woman who doesn't think I'm ugly
Posted : 24 May, 2020 06:42 AM

For once in my life I want to meet a woman who is attracted to me. I know I'm not much to look at, but this body I have isn't mine, it belongs to the Lord, it was made in His. If you think it's ugly, or if you think anyone else's outward appearance is ugly then I suggest you read 1 Corinthians 12:27. Our bodies are His temple, no matter how big, or small, tall, short, thin, fat, if we have the Holy Spirit in us then we shouldn't defile it with evil. If you have the Holy Spirit in you then you are not ugly.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 May, 2020 07:19 AM

I don't know what you look like but my advice is to hit the gym.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 May, 2020 02:35 PM

Isn't loving the Lord good enough?

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 May, 2020 02:43 PM

And trusting in Him?

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 May, 2020 03:34 PM

Hi Morgan. It's true that our bodies are his temple. That is why Kristofer777 suggested exercise. God created us very uniquely in all shapes and sizes and it's our job to treat it with respect like his temple. Exercise and diet play significant roles. Laying off the Coca Cola for a month in honor of God can go a long way.

Humans aren't God. From the human perspective, we generally are attracted to physical appearances. Some previous research done on this topic suggests that we are attracted to mates that look "fit" enough to reproduce and survive in a society before the Industrial Revolution of the 1770s which brought modern agriculture, healthcare, and technology. For instance, a household having extra children could mean having extra hands on the farm and not starving to death.

Another factor to consider is one's confidence level. I don't know you personally but I assume from the wording of your post that you feel your size is ugly. Let your confidence in God transform your thinking about your own confidence and appearance. Kristofer777's suggestion to go to gym can help you build this needed confidence! Take care brother.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 May, 2020 06:07 PM

I'm over 300 pounds, I'm definitely not fit, but that doesn't mean I won't take care of my wife if I had one. I know none of us are God, but it wouldn't hurt us if we could try to look upon the heart of a person. Not literally, but figuratively. I know also that we all have our preferences when it comes to attraction, I have mine as well. I don't want some extremely beautiful supermodel type of woman, just a tall, dark haired, slender (very slender) woman that loves the Lord would make me happy. Maybe I'm getting my hopes up, but I want to find someone like that who will love me as I am right now. I'm not asking for God to just make a woman like that appear magically in front of me, but just to guide her to me somehow, maybe in church, or in a store, or a doctor's office or something. I want a woman like that to be attracted to me for once and be brave enough to actually tell me that she is. I don't want to be lusted after by anyone, only loved and cared for by a sweet christian woman. I just pray that God will help me meet the right one someday.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 May, 2020 05:53 PM

Morgan, we have talked before. You cannot just sit and wish that you had a new car, or a different house, or a woman who loves you. You have to WORK for those things. If you are disabled and cannot work at a job, then do as suggested above and exercise. Stop eating unhealthy large portions of food. Have you ever watched the TV show 600 pounds? Those people WANT to be attractive, but they don't want to WORK to get there. They want a magical solution. When Dr. Nowzaradan tells them they are not following their diet, they deny it. Look and listen. You do not weigh 300 pounds because you are eating three small HEALTHY meals a day. You've heard the expression "money doesnt grow on trees" - well GIRLS don't grow on trees either. you want a slender woman. To get a slender woman, YOU need to do some honest inventory of what you are eating and how you are exercising, so that you lose 100 pounds and could take a slender woman on a date. I have a health problem that prevents me walking my normal 2 miles a day. That means i have to get out of the chair and walk around the apartment complex. and do it again later. and lift gallons of water up and down because i cannot go to the gym. You cannot fool a doctor or any reader that you eat small healthy servings of food when you weigh 300 pounds. Please listen to the many people who have tried to help you. I assure you that NONE of us have had our dream partner fall out of a tree into our arms or knock on our door. We have to have a plan, work the plan, and then possibly succeed.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 May, 2020 11:00 AM

I know a woman isn't magically going to appear in my life, but if it's God's will, and I believe it is, then He's going to help me a woman that's right for me no matter how big I am and no matter what I look like. We don't have to work for the things that God gives us, we just have to have faith in Him and hold onto Jesus, because no matter what we do we are not deserving of the things He gives us. But if we ask in Jesus name and trust in Him then we will receive it. Ask and it shall be answered, seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be open unto you. Yes, I'm over 300 pounds, I'm 6 foot 3 and wear size 15 shoes, I'm almost a giant. But this is the body that Lord gave to me, but it's more His body than mine. This body of mine has it's problems, weak lungs, weak heart, infected ears, bad eyes, bad nerves, I'm walking mess. But I know God loves me. And He loves you too. I know I'm not perfect, but I'm never going to be, and I don't expect the woman God plans for me to marry to be perfect, just as long as she loves Jesus. You know, I can exercise every day of my life, have not one thing wrong with my health and be considered the best looking man in the world, but I still wouldn't be perfect. I know there was only one man that walked on this earth that and that was Jesus. That's the one I strive to be more like every day and that's who I believe we should all strive to be like, and I'm talking physically either, although I believe Jesus was the most beautiful person that ever walked on this earth. I believe we should all have that same mentality Jesus had, that's how we should be more like Him. And I'm not saying we should praise and worship ourselves like we do Him, but just try to walk the straight and narrow way like He did. Resist temptation, give glory and honor to God and share His word with the lost. And one of these days after awhile Jesus is going to come down and call God's children home. I believe the Bible refers to the church as a bride. We're His bride. Don't that make you happy just thinking about it? If it doesn't it should. That's one wedding I look forward to than the one with my future spouse. Praise Jesus. Amen.

Catholic_female

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 May, 2020 02:49 AM

Dear I think you are asking for way too much for somebody who doesn't want to put in any work. You are 300 pounds and want a slender woman who obviously puts in much work to look that good? You can not be selective yet do little to better yourself come on man. Anyway if it helps research about the keto diet. I'm on it and its worked wonders so far. I hope you can stop wishing and work on yourself too, slender women are also picky. Well I was tired of the kind of guys I was meeting and I realised I needed to do something about my body image too, I am a beautiful woman but honestly my weight was a turn off even for me personally. I get a lot of guys looking my direction now and I am not there yet but at least I tried. Work on your image, its your responsibility to be healthy.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jun, 2020 11:58 AM

I'm not asking for too much. I know what kind of woman I want to marry. Just because I would like her to be slender doesn't mean she needs to be healthy. She can be anorexic and I would still think she's beautiful. Some of you all might laugh at me when you read this, but I would like for the woman I marry to be light enough where I can pick her up and hold her in my arms. I don't care how healthy she is, I don't care if this world considers her to be the ugliest woman in this world, I will love her.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jun, 2020 08:21 AM

Catholic_female thats good advice I've seen the results of keto amongst people I know. But alas you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink...:-)

Page : 1 2