Author Thread: Political Forum
Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Political Forum
Posted : 29 May, 2020 04:03 PM

Some Christians feel they don't need to vote in general elections.

It would be interesting to discuss the reasons not to vote.

Also discuss the candidates for the upcoming elections.

These are not Biblical discussions.

View Profile
History
Political Forum
Posted : 13 Jun, 2020 11:58 AM

You were speaking in the present tense, Moonlight. So, why would I think that you talking about the past?

Anyway, this a public forum.

Quiznos

View Profile
History
Political Forum
Posted : 13 Jun, 2020 12:00 PM

Hi Ivy,

That is HITLERY, and how can she be the senator from NY when she was not born there.

To be a politician one must be a pathological liar, thief, manipulator,and control freak, as they do almost nothing for the people while taking a paycheck that they boosted from the peoples pocket.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Political Forum
Posted : 13 Jun, 2020 01:06 PM

Quiz - this is a thread about Voting. No matter what the thread is, you go off on a tangent about another subject. You may think you are educated and intelligent, but your posts prove otherwise. Most of the time you are so far off point that you appear foolish. Please keep your posts about VOTING.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Political Forum
Posted : 13 Jun, 2020 01:09 PM

Every legal citizen of certain age is allowed one vote. I personally do not like the mail, so I will stand in line no matter how long. And I will be voting for Trump. He brought back thousands of jobs, created many good trade programs, etc. The covid crisis is not his fault....so I believe he has done many good things. The ONLY thing i disagree with him is opening more national land to hunting and trapping. I am a wildlife conservative.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Political Forum
Posted : 13 Jun, 2020 01:58 PM

Quiznos you don't Vote or think its necessary in the USA. Keep your mouth closed.

Your character is Rediculously discusting.

God don't work through You.

Make your Own Threads.

Quiznos

View Profile
History
Political Forum
Posted : 13 Jun, 2020 02:04 PM

Gator,

Maybe 60 years ago a persons vote counted, not today.

The banksters have their person placed imto office.

This country has degraded from when i was young,

A person could leave the front and back doors unlocked and no one would enter.

You could leave a convertible corvette running with keys in the ignition outside the house and it would not be touched; Today you cannot be at a red light with some clown wanting to shoot your in the car and take off.

Without the Gospel what do we expect.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Political Forum
Posted : 13 Jun, 2020 02:13 PM

We know people need God.

However, God did not say don't Vote! God established governments didn't He in Biblical days !

Only Jesus changes Hearts of Man.

All you do is Criticize Christians, Quiznos, that's Not of God .

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Political Forum
Posted : 13 Jun, 2020 02:21 PM

The Far Left us trying to control our Government.

They have a strong foothold in Washington !

Let's Pray God continues to have Mercy on this Nation.

America has aborted millions of babies since row verses wade. "Murder"!

Now people are continuing to Murder each other !!

View Profile
History
Political Forum
Posted : 13 Jun, 2020 02:51 PM

Okay I'll bite. In large blue states like California where I am located voting is basically a waste of time and energy. The Left out numbers the right and there is not much that can be done about that. We had Prop 8 here which was to protect the biblical definition of marriage. We actually got it to pass by a narrow margin. 6 months later a liberal judge ruled against the prop as it was unconstitutional. So all the things we fought for was thrown out.

View Profile
History
Political Forum
Posted : 13 Jun, 2020 03:07 PM

Moonlight I respect your opinion. This should be a personal decision. If you feel lead in a certain way that is between you and God. I would be interested to know where in the Bible it mentions voting. We could use Samuel where the people of Israel want a king. That doesn't really work. Or Paul's letter to the Romans about obeying the government. But this doesn't work either. No specific verse I can think of addresses the democratic process of voting. If the spirit leads you to vote do it. If you have concerns about the candidates don't. We should Not think less about others for not having the same convictions. Also we tend to be so earth focused that we forget this is not our home. As Paul writes to the Colossians in chapter 3 vs 2. We are so focused on setting up some Christian utopia on earth that we forget our time here is limited.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10