Author Thread: Cons
Jhr58

View Profile
History
Cons
Posted : 16 Jul, 2020 12:47 AM

Do you women get hit with mostly cons?

I have tried the dating site thing on and off for 2 years, this is the last one I have tryed and will pay for. I don't need to pay to be aggravated and wast my time. "But." I will say, this site stays on top of the con game, all others just let it go on. I have even had the website workers try to act as if they were a woman to get me to resign I fell for it once, but when I went to chat with her she and all others disappeared.. Lol.. I felt like a fool, after that, I then was wise enough to catch them in the act and they were bold enough to offer me free matches.. Lol, what a joke! At least I could laugh at them when they knew thay we're busted!

All in all, I find the website dating thing frustrating and it seems to be a wast of time, I have had 3 dates in 3 years, all lied to me and deceived me as well, and we're disasters.

It's my guess the women have it easier at least going out for a date or getting a date. Im not saying thay are any better than what I have experienced. Most men are a mess today.

So i guess my question is." Is it just me? Or is this the norm today with people they seem so jaded, even when you're able to talk to someone close to you.

Are men the same?

And do women run into the same problems i have?

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Cons
Posted : 16 Jul, 2020 05:15 AM

Men and women are nothing alike. Many sites have scammers I have chatted with a few here but recognize their tactics.

Online dating is not right for Everyone.

I have had previous good dates but not on CDFF.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Cons
Posted : 17 Jul, 2020 08:21 PM

i dont pay to be on here, i see nothing extra to buy. i see a bunch of blurred photos, but if i set my ages and distances to what i want, maybe some of those blurred will be on there. if they are not, i am not missing anything. It was better when i was young and could meet men at a dance, bowling, roller skate rink, soda shop, church, concerts. all gone now. somewhere there is a good woman for you. i did not read your profile, did you say all the things you are looking for?

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Cons
Posted : 19 Jul, 2020 07:07 AM

I don't think datings changed, you've always had people seeking others to use be it financially or sexually. The internet has just made it a lot easier for them, which is why you have to have your wits about you...:-)

View Profile
History
Cons
Posted : 26 Jul, 2020 11:23 PM

If you hire a financial advisor who gets a commission, their incentive is to move your money from one thing to another. When you hire one who works by the hour, that's better. When it comes to dating sites, it's the other way around. When you pay a dating site by the month, their incentive is to keep you single and searching for as long as possible. When you hire a matchmaker who gives you matches and you pay a fixed fee or per date, then you get what you pay for usually. But even better would be to have a dating site that asks people to pay only after they get married. That would ensure that the dating site's incentive is to get people matched and married. When the client and the salesman have the exact same goal, that's the best! Unfortunately, we rarely see that ideal setup in life. Often companies try to use customers and take advantage of them...

View Profile
History
Cons
Posted : 26 Jul, 2020 11:32 PM

Fake people and scammers are a problem. I've dealt with one recently. It took me one whole year to realize that I have been played. She wasn't a fake person though. She was a real person, but let's just say it was a prank relationship. You know, you can make a prank phone call. You can also make a prank relationship when you talk to someone as if you were really interested in them but you aren't. You just talk to them to see how long they go along with the prank. In my case, it was very long. I had a couple of red flags though. One red flag was she did not want to meet me in real life. Never. Another red flag was she did not want to talk to me on the phone either. From now on, if I can't talk or meet someone within a few months of meeting them on this website, that will be the end of it. People just want to waste my time and my Life, and I am not going to allow this one more time.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Cons
Posted : 12 Aug, 2020 05:33 PM

Silver, sorry it took a year to figure it out. I had a similar experience chatting with a man who was very articulate...one day something didnt seem right. I retired from Corrections, so know some back channels to check, and discovered he was using another mans instagram photos and words. it took 6 months to get to that point... yes, disappointment was greatl But no money lost.

View Profile
History
Cons
Posted : 12 Aug, 2020 06:19 PM

Oh wow. I'm so sorry to hear that!

View Profile
History
Cons
Posted : 5 Oct, 2020 12:46 PM

I have about had it with on line dating for much the same reason. I have never lost anything, and pay close attention to detail. If something, any thing at all seems off, I do some looking. A pic can be searched and find the true owner. It will also bring up things they don't tell you. Asking questions is the best way to find out if they are a good fit. I do that with everyone, and it seems that they drop all contact in a short time. Makes me wonder at times if is just me, or if the idea that I am unwilling to compromise on what I am looking for is just to much. Does bring up a topic I have though on. At what point do we call it quits?