Author Thread: To nice or to honest or whatever..... How do you talk?
Tad1

View Profile
History
To nice or to honest or whatever..... How do you talk?
Posted : 6 Aug, 2020 09:30 AM

I am a very open person, and that is how I write, also English is not my first language so I do make mistakes. It just seems no matter what I say or do I don't get no reply at all and I am looking for someone. Do men think with 46 they can go and get a 18-25 year old? Is it that's why I get no response or is it because my account is not elevated so I do not get any reply..... PLEASE HHELP!!!!

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Aug, 2020 05:02 AM

Hello

Could be a combination of what you wrote here.

However, that's just my opinion.

Hopefully some Men will answer your questions.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Aug, 2020 02:05 AM

Tad1 I think it just goes to show that common courtesy is not so common. Even amongst those who profess to be Christians. Try not to let it put you off sending messages, remember it only takes one all the best....:-)

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Sep, 2020 08:16 AM

Tad, it could be some men just don’t like honesty.

But it’s not just men who don’t like honesty.

Lots of people around who like it when you agree with them. But that’s our nature to favor those who agree with us over those who disagree

A lot of us are like that—hate to confess it—I was/am too! Sometimes I have to make up my mind to OBJECTIVELY listen to alternative points of view. After having benefited from others opinions, it’s getting easier to do that.

But shallow people are ok with you so long as you agree with everything they say. You soon realize how suddenly you’ve become their “best friend” when you agree with them.

But the day you so much as dare to question something they say, you will experience a response from them as if they were an enemy hiding in a foxhole. They will look at you in wide-eyed horror before taking aim at you will rapid fire vitriol!! But that’s not the end of it, then they do their shunning.

INSTEAD of giving a respectful and reasoned response (which they seem incapable of) they just get angry and sometimes falsely accuse you. And if they can’t find a caldron to toss you in they’ll settle for throwing you overboard.

Have you tried the forums here?

Next time you find a “nice” man, invite him to the forums or simply send him a message asking him to give a rational defense for what he believes. If his responses are all defensive and hollow or if he runs away or just can’t handle level 1 questioning you have pretty much discovered the intellectual and psychological vacancy characterizing your new friend.

If he runs away, be content you scared him off. You probably saved yourself a disastrous relationship.

I must add a simple caveat, always be as respectful, (respectful as you can be—I have to work hard at that myself) with your questioning and be ready for counter exchanges in the form of questioning (usually that’s evidence you’re dealing with a logical person).

Although some people might get mad with you at first they ultimately come again after they’ve had time to reflect on things. Sometimes these types of open encounters signal the beginning to exceptional friendships!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Oct, 2020 10:24 AM

Very well said!

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Oct, 2020 07:50 AM

Why doesn't this forum have an upvote ability?

nice response david