Author Thread: 10/24/2020 Seventh Day Baptist Edgewater Pastor Keith “Love Your Neighbor As Yourself”
WaitingForJesus

View Profile
History
10/24/2020 Seventh Day Baptist Edgewater Pastor Keith “Love Your Neighbor As Yourself”
Posted : 24 Oct, 2020 10:10 AM

10/24/2020 Seventh Day Baptist Edgewater Pastor Keith “Love Your Neighbor As Yourself” Luke 10:25-37

=========================================================

The question of who is your neighbor was a hot topic in Jesus’ time. The Jews typically interpreted neighbor as another Jew like themselves. The man who asked Jesus the question, wanted Jesus to explain who was in or out of the circle of neighbors.

In a modern time event, a man in Oakhill, FL went to vacation in Miami, FL. He went to see the sights in Miami. One night he went out and got robbed and beat up by a gang. He was laying on the sidewalk bloody and a Seventh Day Baptist preacher walked by him. Then a Sabbath school teacher walks by him also in fear that the gang might get him too. Then a stranger, a bar owner with a Biden T-shirt on walked by him and stopped to help him. He didn’t care if he got the man’s blood on his clothes but put him in his car and drove him to the ER at the hospital. This stranger ended up paying the man’s ER hospital bill and also gave the ER his cell phone number to contact him if more money was needed. Your neighbor is ANYONE in need.

Most people think that the majority of people won’t just walk by but this happened in New York City. A lady was beaten for 90 minutes and her 30 neighbors didn’t help her even though they heard her screams. People think that the people we don’t know are our not our neighbors so we don’t have to help them. We must help everybody no matter who they are. It helps if we define our neighbors as someone we know and also as a stranger we don’t know.

**People Don’t Help Because:

1) People don’t help others as a neighbor because they don’t know them.

2) People think they will be used by the person and don’t believe the help they give them will be used wisely.

Many churches give food, groceries and clothes to help people but do not give them money. They don’t give them money so they will not be taken advantage of. One time a man was at my house asking for money to fill his gas tank because he said he was out of gas. I go outside and see his car is running so I didn’t give him any money. Notice the Samaritan didn’t give the money to the man he helped but gave it to the innkeeper. The Bible says to love your neighbor as yourself and he that gives to the poor, the Lord will pay him back. Don’t hide yourself from the poor.

3) People don’t help others as their neighbors because they are selfish:

You need to love your neighbor as yourself. Love them as you love your own body. Love yourself and lover others also. Help your neighbor and don’t be focused on yourself. Loving your neighbor will help you learn to better love yourself. So if you have a bad concept of yourself and are depressed, then love others, help others and it will lift you up. It will give you a sense of self-worth. When you behave like you love someone, you will eventually love them. Love your neighbor as yourself and don’t pass by them on the other side of the road. Three or four days later after Jesus taught this, He suffers and dies on the Cross for our sins. Jesus refused to let us die by the side of the road in our sins.

Amen

View Profile
History
10/24/2020 Seventh Day Baptist Edgewater Pastor Keith “Love Your Neighbor As Yourself”
Posted : 28 Oct, 2020 11:24 AM

David, just because all lemons are sour, it does not mean that all sour things are lemons.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Nov, 2020 10:19 AM

was I talking about lemons somewhere?

ADAM7777

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Nov, 2020 11:02 AM

Isaiah 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

No man can tame his own tongue.

unruly evil, full of deadly poison, set on fire of hell.

It should not be out of the same mouth, bitter and sweet.

James 3:8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.

10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?

12 Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

If anyone does not have his tongue bridled, his religion is vain. he merely deceives his own heart? Putting bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter is a big woe no..

James 1:26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Nov, 2020 11:17 AM

Adam, can someone embracing perfectionism bridle their tongue?

ADAM7777

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Nov, 2020 12:11 PM

when we love ourselves, we do it without hating ourselves, we always cherish ourselves, even as the Lord the church, which is PERFECTLY..

Ephesians 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

1 Corinthians 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

Hebrews 9:11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;

hating our brother instead of always loving them as we love our own selves, or perfectly as the Lord loves the church, means we speak in the topic of love your neighbor as yourself, without knowing what we are speaking about at all..

1 John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

ADAM7777

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Nov, 2020 01:01 PM

Christian Moral Standards

Love Is Our Trademark

Posted : 24 Sep, 2020 07:04 PM

LittleDavid: "Just when I think I’ve perfected Christian love, some obnoxious person comes along and proves I have more work to do."

LittleDavid, if you are struggling with your faith, then try the thread just after Biblical questions and discussion, which you know so well,, and instead try the thread: I am Struggling with my faith, here is the link:

https://www.christiandatingforfree.com/forum/forum_topic.php?forum_sub_cat_id=15

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Nov, 2020 06:19 PM

Thank you Adam for the link.

I met to say I don’t love perfectly like Jesus did. I have a long ways to go before I can love like Jesus loves, lots of work to do.

ADAM7777

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Nov, 2020 01:56 AM

The commandment came in old time from God, to love our neighbor as ourselves.

To not steal from one another, to not deal falsely, to not swear falsely, to not defraud your neighbour,

Leviticus 19:11 Ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither lie one to another.

12 And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the Lord.

13 Thou shalt not defraud thy neighbour, neither rob him: the wages of him that is hired shall not abide with thee all night until the morning.

To not be a talebearer, to not hate your brother in your heart, to rebuke him when he sinned to not let sin be upon him, to not bear any grudge against your neighbour, but the commandment and way of the Lord is to love your neighbour as yourself...

Leviticus 19:16 Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour; I am the Lord.

17 Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.

18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the Lord.

The people in old time heard all of the gracious words of the Lord, but they did them not.

They continued not in Gods covenant, and when they did not continue in His commandments, the Lord did not, and does not regard anyone..

Ezekiel 33:31 And they come unto thee as the people cometh, and they sit before thee as my people, and they hear thy words, but they will not do them: for with their mouth they shew much love, but their heart goeth after their covetousness.

Hebrews 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

Repentance and transformation is required of all the world, to be judged according to Christ who became worthy laying His life down to redeem us to God, we are REDEEMED through judgement and righteousness..

Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Isaiah 1:27 Zion shall be redeemed with judgment, and her converts with righteousness.

Revelation 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

Christ redeemed us from the curse, letting Himself be a curse for us hung on the cross..

Galatians 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

THIS NOW IS THE JUDGEMENT: If any man does not love the Lord Jesus THEY ARE ACCURSED.

1 Corinthians 16:22 If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

Christ preaches the righteousness of the Gospel, and we know He is in us and we are in Him.

To have His commandments and THIS TIME KEEP THEM, IS TO LOVE JESUS, this is Jesus known by us..

John 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

The betrayer disagrees, and questions why not manifested to all people ?

The answer is again, if a man loves Jesus, that man will KEEP HIS WORDS, this is Jesus living in someone, this is when the Spirit is in them.

Jesus redeemed us from the curse, but now he that loves not Jesus is accursed, and they also DO NOT KEEP HIS SAYINGS..

John 14:22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Faith works by love, no love, no faith, nobody hinders us to not obey the truth, a little leaveneth leaveneth the whole lump, and it must be Holy, the old leaven is malice and wickedness, the new leaven is sincerity and truth, or it's the OLD leaven which is NOT REGARDED BY GOD..

Galatians 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?

8 This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you.

9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

1 Corinthians 5:6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?

7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Nov, 2020 08:44 AM

Adam, it’s really great to copy and paste scripture, we all need much scripture AND we need to obey it but have you posted a response to my query concerning the false doctrine of perfectionism yet? Do you believe you’re without sin?

If you don’t want to answer in the affirmative—or negative, then at least post scripture that denies the false doctrine of perfectionism once and for all.

Why is this taking so long to answer a simple “yes” or “no” to such an elementary level question?

ADAM7777

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Nov, 2020 08:50 AM

Christian Moral Standards

Love Is Our Trademark

Posted : 24 Sep, 2020 07:04 PM

LittleDavid: "Just when I think I’ve perfected Christian love, some obnoxious person comes along and proves I have more work to do."

LittleDavid, if yo are strruglling with ceasing to sin, read here:

1 Peter 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

2 Peter 2:14 Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:

the bible is the Holy word of God, if you want a book that says you cant ever cease sin, try satans world full of books, there are so many deceiving writings to choose form, the bible is not for you if you think Christ is the minister of sin, that is satan who is that minister

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6