Author Thread: 10/24/2020 Seventh Day Baptist Edgewater Pastor Keith “Love Your Neighbor As Yourself”
WaitingForJesus

View Profile
History
10/24/2020 Seventh Day Baptist Edgewater Pastor Keith “Love Your Neighbor As Yourself”
Posted : 24 Oct, 2020 10:10 AM

10/24/2020 Seventh Day Baptist Edgewater Pastor Keith “Love Your Neighbor As Yourself” Luke 10:25-37

=========================================================

The question of who is your neighbor was a hot topic in Jesus’ time. The Jews typically interpreted neighbor as another Jew like themselves. The man who asked Jesus the question, wanted Jesus to explain who was in or out of the circle of neighbors.

In a modern time event, a man in Oakhill, FL went to vacation in Miami, FL. He went to see the sights in Miami. One night he went out and got robbed and beat up by a gang. He was laying on the sidewalk bloody and a Seventh Day Baptist preacher walked by him. Then a Sabbath school teacher walks by him also in fear that the gang might get him too. Then a stranger, a bar owner with a Biden T-shirt on walked by him and stopped to help him. He didn’t care if he got the man’s blood on his clothes but put him in his car and drove him to the ER at the hospital. This stranger ended up paying the man’s ER hospital bill and also gave the ER his cell phone number to contact him if more money was needed. Your neighbor is ANYONE in need.

Most people think that the majority of people won’t just walk by but this happened in New York City. A lady was beaten for 90 minutes and her 30 neighbors didn’t help her even though they heard her screams. People think that the people we don’t know are our not our neighbors so we don’t have to help them. We must help everybody no matter who they are. It helps if we define our neighbors as someone we know and also as a stranger we don’t know.

**People Don’t Help Because:

1) People don’t help others as a neighbor because they don’t know them.

2) People think they will be used by the person and don’t believe the help they give them will be used wisely.

Many churches give food, groceries and clothes to help people but do not give them money. They don’t give them money so they will not be taken advantage of. One time a man was at my house asking for money to fill his gas tank because he said he was out of gas. I go outside and see his car is running so I didn’t give him any money. Notice the Samaritan didn’t give the money to the man he helped but gave it to the innkeeper. The Bible says to love your neighbor as yourself and he that gives to the poor, the Lord will pay him back. Don’t hide yourself from the poor.

3) People don’t help others as their neighbors because they are selfish:

You need to love your neighbor as yourself. Love them as you love your own body. Love yourself and lover others also. Help your neighbor and don’t be focused on yourself. Loving your neighbor will help you learn to better love yourself. So if you have a bad concept of yourself and are depressed, then love others, help others and it will lift you up. It will give you a sense of self-worth. When you behave like you love someone, you will eventually love them. Love your neighbor as yourself and don’t pass by them on the other side of the road. Three or four days later after Jesus taught this, He suffers and dies on the Cross for our sins. Jesus refused to let us die by the side of the road in our sins.

Amen

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
10/24/2020 Seventh Day Baptist Edgewater Pastor Keith “Love Your Neighbor As Yourself”
Posted : 26 Oct, 2020 08:09 AM

?? Sorry Quiznos, I don’t follow, please explain.

Wanna be Nazi swashbucklers are on the news all the time wearing swastikas and tattoos.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2020 08:10 AM

AND they sport those UGLY haircuts.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2020 08:16 AM

With voodoo haircuts like that, they could fill in as a double for Kim Jong Un!!

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2020 08:16 AM

Quiznos

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2020 06:32 PM

Davey,

Which groups of people wear red and blue ties, let me see, hmmmm, am thinking, thinking, thinking.

Oh yeah i got it, Demoncat and Republiscams, polyticksters, banksters, big business people.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2020 09:39 PM

Quiznos,

Soooooo, all people wearing red and blue ties are Nazis????

Maybe you should add another one or two more “thinking” to your 3 “thinkings”. The fourth or fifth try might work for ya.

Just for starters, could you cite the Nazi-like pro-abortion, anti-Semite articles from the platform of the party of which you speak ?

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Oct, 2020 04:42 AM

Quiznos you need Godly wisdom spiritual. help.

God established government.

ADAM7777

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Oct, 2020 02:26 PM

Regarding giving, when we are asked something, to give more then asked. That would include money also, even to the ungrateful cheating ones is told here, can anyone remember this ? Even to anyone suing you at the law, let them have double amount also...

Matthew 5:40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.

41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

The governments of this world are finished, does anyone really choose to be living in this world that's about to be destroyed as if you are PART OF IT ?

Revelation 11:17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

Luke 17:26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;

29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

31 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.

32 Remember Lot's wife.

33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

"First of all, the parable Jesus told was in response to a question asked by a self-righteousness hypocrite inquiring about eternal life who just wanted TEST Jesus and to “justify” himself!"

No, you are just an angry hateful unloving person, who reads the Holy word of God in an unholy manner.

Jesus rejoices how all the teaching is hidden from the wrong ones, but revealed to babes.

Jesus just before speaking to the lawyer, shows how many prophets and kings did not get to see and hear the things Jesus is teaching...

Luke 10:21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

Luke 10:24 For I tell you, that many prophets and kings have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

Jesus we see immediately guides the man of what he already believes in, to love your neighbour as yourself...

Luke 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

If the man was an hypocrite, would he not resist and reject the word of Jesus, giving his own opinion, as LittleDavid practises ?

But very unlike the accusing DavidLittle, the lawyer instead was willing and interested in being just with Jesus, and wishes to be taught more by Christ, and precisely who the neighbour is, is who Christ came to reveal..

Luke 10:36 Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?

37 And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.

So for anyone listening, who has the mercy on us, is our neighbour, and who has mercy on the least of these, has mercy on the Lord too..

Matthew 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Oct, 2020 09:29 AM

Adam, now you just admitted to being a part of this world! Of course your false perfectionist doctrines kinda make you “worldly” as well.

But if you’re on earth, you’re a part of it!

Adam you need to seriously give a little more thought to what you post

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Oct, 2020 10:34 AM

And whoever in the name of a disciple gives to one of these little ones even a cup of cold water to drink, truly I say to you, he shall not lose his reward.

Matthew 10:42

Note:

The Reward of service comes from God.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6