Author Thread: messages not yet read
slj3_1

View Profile
History
messages not yet read
Posted : 18 Jul, 2009 08:27 PM

Does any one know if a message that has been sent but not read by the recipient can be removed?

I answered an email over a week ago and the guy hasn't read it yet. I know he has been online. Man! I hate this part. Why can't you guys at least acknowlegde an email?

What am I doing wrong? Should I be pushy? I really just try to be myself.

I'm really discouraged rite now, can you tell?

Anyway, if I could remove that email ,I would.

Any suggestions?

Sandy

View Profile
History
messages not yet read
Posted : 19 Jul, 2009 04:30 AM

HI SANDY

I WAS ASKING MYSELF THE SAME QUESTION, HOWEVER, I DONT THINK THAT CDFF HAVE ALLOCATED A FEAUTURE THAT WOULD ENABLE US TO DELETE WHAT WE HAVE ALREADY SENT WHETHER IT HAS BEEN READ OR NOT.

SANDY, I FEEL YOUR PAIN BUT AS I HAVE SAID MANY TIMES, NOT ALL GUYS ARE THE SAME. I TOO HAVE SENT A NUMBER OF EXTREMELY POLITE E-MAILS TO SOME WOMEN AND I HAVE NOT RECIEVED A REPLY, NOT EVEN "SORRY I'M NOT INTERESTED.

I DONT THINK YOU ARE DOING ANYTHING WRONG SANDY, AS LONG AS THE E-MAILS YOUR SENDING ARE NOT ABUSIVE OR OF ANY SIMILAR NATURE. IN ADDITION, TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES COULD BE A PART OF THE PROBLEM. IN THE PAST, I HAVE BEEN SHUT OFF CDFF WITHOUT DOING SO MYSELF AND AT TIMES, MY CDFF ACCOUNT FREEZES TEMPORARILY. IN ADDITION, I HAVE NOTICED THAT SOME PEOPLE, AFTER SEEING THE SENDERS NAME AND VIEWING THE SENDERS PROFILE, DELETE THEIR E-MAILS WITHOUT READING THEM. JUST LIKE YOURSELF, I HAVE SENT E-MAILS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN READ BY SOME LADIES WHO VISIT THE SITE AS CONSISTENTLY AS I DO, THIS LED ME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT THEY ARE OBVIOUSLY NOT INTERESTED. IN ADDITION, ALOT OF PEOPLE JUST DECIDE TO GO COLD ON OTHERS, IN OTHER WORDS THEY JUST DECIDE TO IGNORE, MAYBE BECAUSE THEY HAVE FOUND SOMEONE THEY BELIEVE IS BETTER, THAT DOES NOT MAKE IT RIGHT THOUGH.

PLEASE DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED AND PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH SUCH PEOPLE, FOR THOSE WHO I SENT E-MAILS TO AND DID NOT RESPOND AFTER A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME, I NO LONGER SEND THEM MAILS.

PLEASE CONTINUE TO BE YOUR SELF.

MY ONLY SUGGESTION IS TO GET TO KNOW OTHER MEN THAT FIT YOUR PREFERENCE, WHILST SEEKING GOD FIRST AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS (MATTHEW 6:33). WE SERVE A SPONTANEOUS GOD WHO KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT WE WANT AND NEED, WE JUST HAVE TO BE PATIENT.

View Profile
History
messages not yet read
Posted : 19 Jul, 2009 04:49 AM

hi sandy,

if you don't mind me asking, what happened with that guy that asked you out to Sis's? he seems very into you.

about people not responding to emails, well, just try not to take it personal. that's what i'm doing. if they respond good, if not, oh well. God knows who he wants us to be with and it will be effortless. :purpleangel:

God Bless,

Zoe :angel:

slj3_1

View Profile
History
messages not yet read
Posted : 19 Jul, 2009 08:19 AM

Thanks Kristian I Know you're rite. Pray for me,, just a bad time I guess.

Zoe, thanks , again, I know you're rite also. :)

About that guy....I went over to Sis's last Thursday with my sis-in-law,,it was fun and he was there, but no real connection. I also went to the Southern Ohio Opry last nite, he was there also and spoke but again, no connection.

for me there has to be at least some chemistry. Everyone says he's such a "good catch", but my way of thinking is this, if you catch a fish and fry it up, it's still a fish, but if it don't taste good, youv'e wasted your time,,lol.

A person has to be careful with loneliness. We don't want to get to the place where ANYBODY is better than NOBODY.

The SOMEBODY God has for us will be worth the wait.

Love Ya, Sandy

slj3_1

View Profile
History
messages not yet read
Posted : 19 Jul, 2009 08:22 AM

I also just deleted all of my messages so I wouldn't have to look at the ones not read.:angeldevil:

Sandy

View Profile
History
messages not yet read
Posted : 19 Jul, 2009 11:18 AM

Hi All,

I've wondered the same thing about those unanswered messages. I appreciate the comments here & I think you have it right Kidd. I try to keep my focus on the Lord--He never disappoints me or lets me down & He certainly doesn't ignore me! Yeah, Lord! :applause:

Take care & be blessed,

Janet

View Profile
History
messages not yet read
Posted : 19 Jul, 2009 12:18 PM

love ya too sandy.

FalSmiles

View Profile
History
messages not yet read
Posted : 20 Jul, 2009 09:25 PM

All,

I think part of it is too that there are a lot of guys on here that just are not active anymore. I have found that especially true in my area, while a lot of gentlemen show up on my search few are actually active on CDFF

Smiles

onlybythecross

View Profile
History
messages not yet read
Posted : 21 Jul, 2009 08:55 PM

I have found that some people drop out and never delete profile. So your e-mail goes to a dead Profile. It is not nice but I have seen it a lot.

God Bless

Sonny

View Profile
History
messages not yet read
Posted : 22 Jul, 2009 09:52 AM

dear sonny, welcome to the forums.

ole cattle

View Profile
History
messages not yet read
Posted : 24 Jul, 2009 01:35 PM

ditto on the experience as well. if you would like to have some tips on your photos, please ask. i don't want to be forward. i've recommended to women over 45 to get this book that helped me look at my packaging. Also, i would not put few pounds over... women tend to think themselves heavier than they are and i've notice men will put athletic or average when ah, they aren't. And glasses, i never realized how unattractive trendy glasses were on me... when i go on a date or have pictures i take them off. big difference. yup, hard to see. But remember - that whole deal about men who wear binoculars... they can't look through them and talk (think) at same time.... (like that cattleman!)-but we luv 'em:hearts:

Page : 1 2