Author Thread: messages not yet read
slj3_1

View Profile
History
messages not yet read
Posted : 18 Jul, 2009 08:27 PM

Does any one know if a message that has been sent but not read by the recipient can be removed?

I answered an email over a week ago and the guy hasn't read it yet. I know he has been online. Man! I hate this part. Why can't you guys at least acknowlegde an email?

What am I doing wrong? Should I be pushy? I really just try to be myself.

I'm really discouraged rite now, can you tell?

Anyway, if I could remove that email ,I would.

Any suggestions?

Sandy

View Profile
History
messages not yet read
Posted : 25 Jul, 2009 10:11 AM

dear golden, hehe :nahnah:

View Profile
History
messages not yet read
Posted : 26 Jul, 2009 01:15 AM

"We don't want to get to the place where ANYBODY is better than NOBODY the SOMEBODY God has for us will be worth the wait".

HI SANDY, I THINK WHAT U SAID, THE QUOTE ABOVE, WAS ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT, THIS IS EXACTLY HOW I FEEL, SO THANK YOU VERY MUCH, IF ONLY THERE WAS A WAY OF SENDING SUCH A QUOTE TO THE ENTIRE CDFF COMMUNITY AT ONCE,LOL.

View Profile
History
messages not yet read
Posted : 26 Jul, 2009 01:16 AM

AND I WILL DEFINATELY PRAY FOR U.:prayingf:

joyinthemorning

View Profile
History
messages not yet read
Posted : 26 Jul, 2009 06:38 AM

Hi Sandy, I am new to this whole on line dating thing, but I to have experienced guys not ever bothering to read my notes. For Pete's sake they are a note, not a marriage proposal!!! Any way, I have come to realize that sometimes it just means we need to try again with someone else. Statics show that you need to reach out to ten people for the Lord before one accepts. In recruiting for a job, the same thing, so maybe it takes sending out 10 messages before one responds. Don't give up girl, it will happen.

Cathy

joyinthemorning

View Profile
History
messages not yet read
Posted : 26 Jul, 2009 09:48 AM

I totally agree with the quote. Sometimes we feel that way for just a second when we get lonely, but a second of feeling that way can lead to a lifetime of unhappiness. The Lord knows just the right fit for us and we need to wait for His time. Keep the faith all.

discoverme

View Profile
History
messages not yet read
Posted : 10 Aug, 2009 02:45 PM

Hi Sandy!.... lol... I'm so glad to know I'm not alone on this.. :-)

I've experienced the same thing... I can tell they read my profile and that's it. It makes me think that they are not in to really meet someone for real. I sometimes think I'm not attractive as I thought I was... lol... NOT! I know I am.! and not only on the outside, but the inside as well...

I just HATE to be ignored.... by anyone.... it bothers me so much and I sitll don't understand why.

I concluded not to take it personal.... the problem is not me, it's them... maybe I'm just not the blonde green eyed person they are looking for. lol... they're probably in the wrong website.

but anyway.... like I said in my profile... it's the inside that counts first.. I actually tend to feel attracted more by the inside first than the outside.

discoverme

View Profile
History
messages not yet read
Posted : 10 Aug, 2009 02:50 PM

I forgot to say that.... I know we all want to feel attracted in some physical way to the other person, but hey! just a simple no thanks... or not interested would be a nice gesture. Specially when you are claming to be a GODLY man. :-)

And we once talked and you just simply don't want to talk anymore.... "don't want to talk to you anymore becuase of such and such..." would also be nice.

I like the truth for as bad and cold as it can be sometimes.. I prefer a cold TRUTH than a bad mean "ignore". It makes me wonder.... what did I do or say?

irish247

View Profile
History
messages not yet read
Posted : 30 Aug, 2009 03:09 PM

Sandy,

I agree with your way of thinking, and to be comfortable in being alone is a good thing. We need to be a whole person before finding someone else not looking for the other to complete us. I have had the same problem, I guess the chemistry is not there to the point that the person wont even read what you wrote. You can go to the feature sent msg and click on the message box to check mark it and then go to delete and I think that this feature erases the message you sent to the rude person that wont read it. Honestly it is there loss and you write well. Also keep looking at those music revival places, I feel you will find a good catch.

Chris

explor_r

View Profile
History
messages not yet read
Posted : 6 Oct, 2009 11:52 AM

I think the message is the same to eigther not opening the message or leaving a nice message "not into you that much". Eigther way they are not into you that much & that person is not the right person for you. God has someone for you.

GiftofGod91^

View Profile
History
messages not yet read
Posted : 2 May, 2022 02:46 PM

Just thought I would chime in and say guys go through the same thing on our end. Thanks Soli Deo Gloria

Page : 1 2