Author Thread: How can one hate someone else and still call themselves christians?
Admin

How can one hate someone else and still call themselves christians?
Posted : 31 Oct, 2020 07:36 PM

Does the Bible not say that hate is the same as murder? How can anyone who call themselves a christian have hate in their hearts for someone else? It's okay to hate the sin a person does, but to hate the person, for really no good reason, is just plain wrong. If the Bible tells us it's wrong, then it's wrong. And you know what? There's probably going to be people that hate what I'm saying here. Fine. But if you hate every single thing a person says that aligns with the word of God, then you should look at yourself and your life and get it right with God. I know I'm going to hated by this world. Again, it says so in the Bible. Christians are going to be hated by the world for His namesake. What pains me though is when "christians" say or act as though they just absolutely hate someone. I know some people who call themselves "christians" who act like they hate me and some who act like they want nothing to do with me. I have no idea why, but I don't hate them. I just want them to get rid of that hate they feel for me or anyone else, because it's not good to keep hatred in your heart for someone. This goes for christians and non-christians. Hatred can end up tearing you completely apart. It can not only mess up who you are in your heart, but it can mess up your mind. I'd love to see everyone without any hatred, but I know that will never happen in this world. I'll just put it this way. If you can't stand another brother or sister in Christ here on this earth, then how can expect to live with them in Heaven?

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Nov, 2020 04:34 PM

Who does that?

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Nov, 2020 04:54 PM

I've seen Moonlight doing it. Trumpsters, too. By Trumpsters, I don't mean just anyone who supports Trump. I mean people who think that Trump can do no wrong and get upset at the slightest criticism of him. Like, I shared this article on Facebook:

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/trump-tweet-don-t-be-afraid-covid-betrayal-my-father-ncna1242202?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma

and someone made this comment, "Ok, Trump bashing is not appreciated"

The article was not bashing him. It was quite respectful. People like that are idolaters, pure and simple.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Nov, 2020 05:53 PM

People in my personal life. That's who does it.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Nov, 2020 06:53 PM

Seems Ivy know more about you than you know about yourself. You didn’t know Trumpsters were bashing you, now you do

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Nov, 2020 07:07 PM

Morgan, I sincerely hope I haven’t unnecessary offended you by my words. If I have, I hope you feel as though you can critique things I write.

You’re welcome to suggest how I might say things differently or whatever you want to say.

I know l may have come across too stern for some and maybe l was way too hasty replying before giving much thought to what the other person wrote.

I’ve had to apologize before. But I just hope I’m getting better

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Nov, 2020 07:31 PM

What the heck?

David, my last comment didn't have anything to do with Morgan. What are you going on about?

ADAM7777

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Nov, 2020 01:43 AM

for you to consider countryivy:

James 5:9 Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.

Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

littledavid being hasty..

Ecclesiastes 5:2 Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.

James 1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Nov, 2020 09:21 AM

Ivy, I was following the immediate line of communication. You didn’t designate who your post concerning “Moonlight and the Trumpsters” was in response to.

Am I missing something?

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Nov, 2020 10:34 AM

I was responding to your question, "Who does that?"

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Nov, 2020 02:04 PM

Very sorry if I misunderstood the main content of your message.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5