Author Thread: How can one hate someone else and still call themselves christians?
Admin

How can one hate someone else and still call themselves christians?
Posted : 31 Oct, 2020 07:36 PM

Does the Bible not say that hate is the same as murder? How can anyone who call themselves a christian have hate in their hearts for someone else? It's okay to hate the sin a person does, but to hate the person, for really no good reason, is just plain wrong. If the Bible tells us it's wrong, then it's wrong. And you know what? There's probably going to be people that hate what I'm saying here. Fine. But if you hate every single thing a person says that aligns with the word of God, then you should look at yourself and your life and get it right with God. I know I'm going to hated by this world. Again, it says so in the Bible. Christians are going to be hated by the world for His namesake. What pains me though is when "christians" say or act as though they just absolutely hate someone. I know some people who call themselves "christians" who act like they hate me and some who act like they want nothing to do with me. I have no idea why, but I don't hate them. I just want them to get rid of that hate they feel for me or anyone else, because it's not good to keep hatred in your heart for someone. This goes for christians and non-christians. Hatred can end up tearing you completely apart. It can not only mess up who you are in your heart, but it can mess up your mind. I'd love to see everyone without any hatred, but I know that will never happen in this world. I'll just put it this way. If you can't stand another brother or sister in Christ here on this earth, then how can expect to live with them in Heaven?

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Nov, 2020 06:08 PM

Don't worry David, I'm not offended.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Nov, 2020 11:10 AM

Ivy, what I don't understand is how any christian could be so against Trump and defend the democrats. You seem to be against abortion, yet I've seen absolutely no Democratic leader ever stand against it. Yet Trump supports pro-life. No one is saying he doesn't make mistakes. I mean he just made one last night when he said "As far as I'm concerned I've already won." when he shouldn't have. I know you don't support him, but don't act like everything he does is completely awful and non-redeemable.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Nov, 2020 12:56 PM

I don't, and don't you make the mistake of thinking that just because someone is critical of Trump that that means they support Democrats or even that they won't vote for him. See, that's the kind of thing that I was talking about when I I was talking about Trumpsters.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Nov, 2020 10:45 AM

I didn’t, I think I misunderstood your response believing it was only in answer to my earlier question to Morgan concerning: “Who is saying that?” I was inquiring about the people he claimed were hating on him. But he clarified later that the people were personal acquaintances.

As for your comment, I should have asked you more about it before adding my silly sentiments. I just assumed it was part of the immediate conversation flow but l should have been a little more reserved about replying so quickly

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Nov, 2020 06:33 PM

Ivy, that's all I see from you on here though. So what else am I supposed to think? Listen, you can share little links to try to prove your points, but I refuse to stand for a party that supports abortions. No, I don't believe there's that many Democratic leaders that are against abortion. Until I actually hear them say they are my support goes to Trump. So go ahead and call me a Trumpster all you want. Your opinions about me doesn't matter to me. I only care about what the Lord thinks of me.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Nov, 2020 12:19 AM

The governor of Louisiana, John Bel Edwards is a pro-life Democrat. He signed a bill into law banning abortion after 15 weeks. Then, he signed one banning abortion after a heartbeat can be detected.

And, I specifically said that a Trumpster is someone who thinks Trump can do no wrong and is above reproach, aka they practically worship him like a god and get upset whenever anyone dares to criticize him, even slightly. Such people are guilty of idolatry and need to repent. It's not a title that you should be proud to take.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Nov, 2020 02:11 AM

Countryivy it's refreshing to see someone else call it what it is. Its idolatry plain & simple and it's very disturbing to see...:-)

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Nov, 2020 02:12 AM

Especially from professing Christians...

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Nov, 2020 12:45 PM

So Ivy, if I were to say that I believe almost everything Trump says or does is right would that make me an idolater? What if I said that everything Joe Biden or Kamala Harris or Barack Obama says and does is right and that they can do no wrong? What then, hmm?

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Nov, 2020 12:47 PM

Jayzeee, do you have some kind of problem with me or something? If you do then say it, because I'm getting sick of your little backhanded comments.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5