Author Thread: Why do guys do this?
TheBlessing

View Profile
History
Why do guys do this?
Posted : 30 Jul, 2009 02:03 PM

I have had two guys suddenly stop talking to me. It's just so random. The last time I've talked to them was normal conversation, but suddenly, no contact for the next week and so on. I've had this happen twice to me.

Anyone have any answers for me? Am I boring them or what?

Thanks for your time!

godlymom2

View Profile
History
Why do guys do this?
Posted : 30 Jul, 2009 02:47 PM

Blessing,

There could be a million different reasons why they stop messaging/talking. They could have had something major come up in their lives or maybe they decided they weren't ready for a relationship, but didn't know how or were afraid to communicate that to you. I know I can't stand to be left hanging, either. Just be careful not to start blaming yourself or thinking "you're boring" and such. Don't put yourself down. Remember that you are as your username says...a Blessing.

Keep being yourself and striving to be all God called you to be. I pray that an awesome man of God that will recognize what a "Blessing" you are will come along and never leave you hanging again.

In Christ,

~~KT

TheBlessing

View Profile
History
Why do guys do this?
Posted : 30 Jul, 2009 03:56 PM

Thank you very much for your input! It's just hard to stay positive sometimes. I do tend to blame myself for things that are out of my control. I'll try to not do that from now on.

Thanks again, godlymom2, and God Bless!

View Profile
History
Why do guys do this?
Posted : 31 Jul, 2009 12:24 AM

DEAR BLESSING, I SECOND WHAT GODLY MUM SAID

View Profile
History
Why do guys do this?
Posted : 31 Jul, 2009 04:53 PM

I'll third what Mum and KKidd said Miss Blessing. I've asked myself that very same question...hang in there, it happens from time to time?

Blessings

ian777

View Profile
History
Why do guys do this?
Posted : 31 Jul, 2009 07:08 PM

Jjarr! Good to see ya back - although I've only been here hit-n-miss too.

Hey Blessing, Ya, there's a LOT of things I like about the online matchmaking scene, but that's one aspect I don't: You have no CLUE what's going on on the other end. Enything from family emergency, to a computer catching on fire, to... they're really not interested in you.

It's very tough to know which is which sometimes, and even tougher to keep your chin up. Just take cold comfort in the fact that it happens to every one of us... well, I think every one of us - it's certainly happened to me!

God bless,

Ian

View Profile
History
Why do guys do this?
Posted : 31 Jul, 2009 07:37 PM

Good to see you too Ian! Miss all you guys, life's been like driving on a gravel road lately...can't wait to hit the pavement again! Checkin in when I can..

Be well friends, in Christ, Jim

TheBlessing

View Profile
History
Why do guys do this?
Posted : 31 Jul, 2009 09:16 PM

Thank you all for your responses! They are much appreciated! I will continue to hold my head high and trust in God's time!

God Bless!!

View Profile
History
Why do guys do this?
Posted : 4 Aug, 2009 07:12 PM

Your not alone blessing. I've talked to a few different girls, where I just had intentions of being friends, and we really seemed to be hitting it off, finding a lot of different interest and subjects to talk about then all of a sudden I would send a message and I would get no reply. I was always wondering if it was something I said, or maybe I typed something wrong that sounded odd. I would go back and read my conversation and see if anything I said could have rubbed someone the wrong way, but it just wasn't the case. How could you rub someone the wrong way when you are talking about similar interests, haha. I would wait a week or so, and then send an email just asking how they were, or how they had been but I still didn't get anything back. Who knows, I can't tell you. I'm about as clueless as you are. But maybe they felt as though they were developing a connection and felt that they should end it for some reason because that is not what they wanted. So, who knows. Best of luck and god bless.

TravisjustTravis

View Profile
History
Why do guys do this?
Posted : 5 Aug, 2009 10:04 PM

When dealing with people, it is important to remember thatthey are people. We all have had past experiences dealing with people.

There was a experment done with a baby, every time the baby saw a white furry object then somthing bad would happen. So the baby grew up being scared of white fluffy things like bunnies...anyway

Somthing may have happend in the guys past, maby everything was going alright, and then you triggered that negative memory.

I have a feeling the guy started thinking "if I stopped tring to talk to this girl, she will not try to talk to me." Ladies "Guys want to feel needed" and some girls just sit back and let the boys crawl to them. My suggestion is contact the guy, let him know you like talking to him! :applause:

View Profile
History
Why do guys do this?
Posted : 6 Aug, 2009 01:05 AM

BROTHER TRAVIS, YOUR LAST PARAGRAPH WAS AMAZING, THAT WAS DEFINATELY GOD SENT.:angel:

I MOST DEFINATELY GET THAT FEELING MYSELF.

I SECOND ALL THAT U SAID BRO AND LADIES, FOR THOSE WHO DO SO, PLEASE, DONT MAKE US CRAWL LIKE BABIES, IF YOUR INTERESTED, QUIT PLAYING "HARD TO GET".

THESE ARE THE KIND OF THINGS THAT MAKE SOME GUYS DRIFT AWAY.

Page : 1 2 3