Author Thread: Why do guys do this?
TheBlessing

View Profile
History
Why do guys do this?
Posted : 30 Jul, 2009 02:03 PM

I have had two guys suddenly stop talking to me. It's just so random. The last time I've talked to them was normal conversation, but suddenly, no contact for the next week and so on. I've had this happen twice to me.

Anyone have any answers for me? Am I boring them or what?

Thanks for your time!

sunshine7770

View Profile
History
Why do guys do this?
Posted : 6 Aug, 2009 06:09 AM

I can relate to how you feel because I have had the same happen with me. When it did, at first I was very diappointed, but, then, as I took a moment for a deep breath, God reminded me how he made us to be so very different. There is a book called "Men are from Venus and woman from Mars. Not a Christin read, but helps in understanding the differences. I agree when you seem to be having a real great cionnection and they just don't respond back, it is only natural to begin to question why, and it can become very frustrating when they don't ever answer back.

What God has been showing me in regards to situations that arise such as this is to remember He gives us the desires of our hearts and it is best to be with one who is in agreement with the understanding of what God's Will is for you. This is not always learned overnight. So, because God does answer prayers, I have chosen to have a prayerful spirit when I get a connection, and then when I am possibly dropped like a "hot potato", I realize that one was not in God's Plans for my life and then I say "thank you Lord" and ask His continued guidance. Yes, initially, I do feel very sad when a nice fellow does that(drops me without explanation) but, I try my best:applause: not to dwell upon the rejection too long, and pick

up the pieces and press foreward asp.

I like that verse from God's Word where He tells us to Trust in Him amd He willl direct our paths. He will do that for you and all of us who are meeting people in cyber space. So I trust I have encouraged you not to give up and keep on keeping on with the Lord and one day, He will give you the desire of your heart. God bless.:angel:

ian777

View Profile
History
Why do guys do this?
Posted : 7 Aug, 2009 02:22 PM

I just wanted to say those were excellent, encouraging words sunshine, thanks for sharing.

Ian

TravisjustTravis

View Profile
History
Why do guys do this?
Posted : 7 Aug, 2009 02:58 PM

I am not as concerned with what happed, because we all know it already happened. I am more concerned with what you should do scince that did happen.

I have had similar experiences happen to me and I dd not want to move on with my life because I wanted to give the other person a second chance if they decided to come back into my life.

My advice would be if someone walks out of your life, for whatever reason, take that as Gods way of saying it as not ment to be! Then move on with your life. If God wants you wo together He is Big Enough to put you two back together! But I think if a person stops talking to you, then their is little harm in talking to them :nahnah: :dancingp:

View Profile
History
Why do guys do this?
Posted : 10 Aug, 2009 03:41 PM

I can say just reading this has helped me out a lot as I am in a similar situation right now.

It's really hard because this person and I had talked a lot and it seemed like we had a great connection.

Just unsure of what to do.

ian777

View Profile
History
Why do guys do this?
Posted : 10 Aug, 2009 07:15 PM

Ugh. Sorry to hear that Miss Christy. No words of advice for you, other than to just ride it out and keep trying. That's too bad. Keep us posted so we can pray for you.

Ian

View Profile
History
Why do guys do this?
Posted : 10 Aug, 2009 07:23 PM

Hey, thanks Ian!

I do need prayer for this not only by asking others, but also to do it myself on this area, in which I am.

Cristy

tristan07

View Profile
History
Why do guys do this?
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 01:32 PM

Lord knows I've had that happen. And lord knows I've done it myself. some times its because you just get overwelmed with too many messages from too many people and you feel like your head or heart are going in too many directions. Sometimes you just realize, after a few conversations, that there just isnt that *connection*

It used to bother me alot, but my friend anne had some very good advice. She said *alex, you get hurt too eary, you put too much into things too fast and then you wind up getting hurt because you have too high of expectations when you meet someone, you need to learn to guard your heart!*

So I said, well that's great, anne, but how exactly does one guard ones heart? it looks great on paper, but how in the workd do you actualy do it?

This is what she said, and I quote *Just don't think past tomorrow with anyone. don't jump to the conclusion that THIS IS THE ONE FOR ME! take your time, hold on loosely, and let the future unfold, and let things happen naturally. If you just take it a day at a time, you're much less likely to invest too much too soon in someone and get hurt when it doesnt happen.*

Oddly enough, she was right, that's what i've been doing, and it works. I am peaceful all the time, no worries, just taking it one day at a time and paying more attention to God then these rediculous romantic speed bumps in the road of life.

hope that helps.

Alex

View Profile
History
Why do guys do this?
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 04:56 PM

great post, alex!

theres some good advice in that, especially for me. as i know, i, for sure, invest too much time in to people at times.

Cristy

discoverme

View Profile
History
Why do guys do this?
Posted : 12 Aug, 2009 11:07 AM

I know how you feel.... :-)

This has happened to me twice..... one time by someone whom was just sort of fun to talk to and another by someone who seemed to have been an angel sent by God. I think I opened up to quickly and I was judged... I don't know... I normally do this... I tend to feel a need to express my struggles and fears, so I was in the need of a good advice. I wasn't even expecting anything more than friendship coming out of this... but I think I wasn't good enough to be his friend either...

I did question myelf for days what did I do or say? but... I let go ....

maybe that's the benefit of meeting people on a site huh... you can ignore and just stop talking to someone because you feel like it... :-)

I try not to talk to too many people at once... you don't really get to know them if you don't give the attention to that person to get to know them right. Even if it's just a friend that can come out of it. Since I came back to the site which is like 3 days... I talk to two people and that's it. I kind of like this forum thing though.... I've learned quite a bit.

Nora

Nora

View Profile
History
Why do guys do this?
Posted : 15 Aug, 2009 06:43 PM

I see what Travis is saying, I'm not a guy, but I'm sure guys do need to feel needed. But..just be sure to steer clear of chasing them down & what not. Girls are normally the emotionally needy ones...when guys are, it could raise a red flag. -No, I am not referring to Travis as a red flag, it's just what he said prompted me to give a girl's perspective. Guys..girls need to be pursued. It's in your nature to pursue us..since you guys are the leader, right? -I can't help it...as much as I hate conflict, I always have to bring up something contraversial...lol - blessings to you all!

Page : 1 2 3