Author Thread: down?
Admin

down?
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 07:16 PM

Good evening everyone. I guess I have a question. How do you handle it when you get very down about life?

GBU all

tristan07

View Profile
History
down?
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 08:27 PM

well. I'll just say this, do things that lift your spirits. pray, talk to people, listen to people, do something nice for yourself, take a walk, look at the stars, watch the sunset, enjoy the life the lord has given ya.

View Profile
History
down?
Posted : 12 Aug, 2009 01:41 AM

I AGREE WITH TRISTAN BETH AND AS HE SAID, PRAY, FOR PRAYER CURES ALL. GOD WANTS US TO TELL HIM HOW WE FEEL, HE WANTS US TO ASK FOR STRENGH AND FOR ANYTHING AT ALL AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, HE DOES NOT WANT US TO CEASE FROM COMMUNICATING WITH HIM ATALL.

1 PETER 5:7

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

MATTHEW 7:7

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

1 THESSALONIANS 5:17

Pray without ceasing

THERE IS NOTHING THAT THE LORD CANNOT DO, YOUR IN THE BEST POSSIBLE HANDS, KNOWN TO MAN.

View Profile
History
down?
Posted : 12 Aug, 2009 04:25 AM

Thanks Guys I feel much better today.. I prayed about it last night and got a good night sleep. I think i have just run myself into teh ground around here that I can not catch up and it got to me..

God Bless

bethany

discoverme

View Profile
History
down?
Posted : 12 Aug, 2009 09:04 AM

I agree....

Praying is the key.... feeling down is normal... it happen to all of us.. but to some more than others...

it used to happen to me a lot.. I think it had to do with my self esteem and not doing much for myself.

When I'm feeling down, I normally talk to God as if he was right in front of me. I tell him ... Lord! I'm down... give me joy...I don't like feeling this way.

I'm not even talking about being spiritual and praying a sophisticated prayer. Wherever you are... at work, in your car, at home... God is there and he hears us...

Most of the time... a worship song comes to mind... i then play it on and... man! Worship is power! I love it! It's like you and God are one. I don't know how much you like music, but I recommend you listen to Christian music 99% of the time. It feeds your soul.... and when down.... it lifts you up. :-)

One song I love is by mercyme "keep singing" ... great song.

Nora

View Profile
History
down?
Posted : 12 Aug, 2009 05:51 PM

dear beth, i always go out and help someone else. always blesses me and picks my spirits back up...

ole cattle

View Profile
History
down?
Posted : 12 Aug, 2009 05:51 PM

dear beth, i always go out and help someone else. always blesses me and picks my spirits back up...

ole cattle

sunshine7770

View Profile
History
down?
Posted : 13 Aug, 2009 12:20 PM

I would say the first thing to do would be to seek the Lord and take His Word and begin reading in the Psalms or Proverbs and keep a prayer as your read asking God to show you He is still there and you desire to feel and know His realness. He will answer you because I have been there many times during my lifetime and God has always proven to me He is real and is there for me or anybody else who seeks Him.

In fact just recently I was "down" because I am a widow living by myself and my daughter called to tell me how "down" she had been. Well after our conversation, I began to tell the Lord all about our problems. My prayer was, Lord, please show me you are still real and there for me and my family. Well, what an unexpected blessing, the very next day The Lord did show me He had not foresaken and He was real and there for us. He used other Christians in my life to show His realness to me. So, if He can do it for me, He will do it for you too.

Another thing you can do is try to be around positive people. People who are not always putting there problems on others.

Another thing which helps me when I get down is to listen to Gospel music. Before long, I have forgotten what got me down and return to a happier mode.

Hope this helps. God bless.

View Profile
History
down?
Posted : 13 Aug, 2009 12:32 PM

hay!!! I just wanted to say the Lord loves you, more than you can ever know... But anyways write me????

View Profile
History
down?
Posted : 13 Aug, 2009 12:36 PM

dear peace, welcome to the forums..

ole cattle

m_cubed

View Profile
History
down?
Posted : 14 Aug, 2009 03:54 PM

The number one thing I do in addition to going to my Bible, like so many others have mentioned, is I praise Him� I mean latterly open my mouth and start speaking out how He is the Alpha and Omega� He is the beginning and the end� it reminds me He is the end of my situation not the natural� it will turn out right� or � just what ever comes to mind about Him� He is the creator and the Earth is nothing but His footstool� He speaks a word and it comes to pass� He created the universe just by speaking it forth� I am hidden in the clef of the rock� He is my strong tower whom I run into and I am safe� with God before me who can be against me�. And just on and on what ever comes to my mind about Him � I make Him in my mind what He is bigger than my problem (He is bigger than my problem but I have to get my mind inline with the Word)� and He fills the room with His presence and I do not finish with the same mindset�.

Another thing I do is as the Bible says bring every thought captive and bring it under subjection to the Word� sometimes that means I have to say out loud �in the name of Jesus mind shut up� no body is around or they will think I�m a freak..lol and the Bible also says what so ever is lovely, pure and of good reproach think on these things� and I have to on purpose make myself think of scripture and the goodness of God� but before you know it I change�

Page : 1 2