Author Thread: Why do some women disappear?
OurJourney

View Profile
History
Why do some women disappear?
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 07:42 PM

Maybe some of you ladies (and men) can shed a little light on this:

On several dating sites (most recently, this one) I'll write to a woman and ask if she'd like to share a few emails to see what we might have in common, see if we hit it off.

Many times I've gotten a response indicating that she'd like that. Naturally, I get my hopes up. I write her a note asking a few questions and sharing a bit about me. Then I wait... and wait...

After a good week or so, I'll write again... "How are things with you?... still like to hear from you", that type of thing. I wait again...

Nothing! Never hear from her again! It's frustrating. I'd prefer a "sorry, I don't think we're a good match" after the first email. How hard is that?

I'd like to think that as Christians, we'd have enough consideration for other's to shoot out a quick email. It kind of makes it hard to be optimistic about writing to someone new.

So ladies, do guys do this a lot too? And guys, have you had this happen much? Or have I just happened across some "wishy-washy" girls? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Aug, 2009 07:38 PM

Yeah, gotta say...I've had guys do similar things to me. I honestly don't initiate anything - but I've had guys initiate, ask for my email blah blah blah....or look at my profile a few time...& nothing.. I respond back to them, and then...nothing. I totally agree with you, it's important that we just let a person know...hey, I'm not interested - if they send you an email. Like you said, so it's easier not to get your hopes up. I think that's my biggest prob. on this site - not getting my hopes up..lol! I'm just going to keep in prayer & try to practice what i preach. I really don't want to hurt anyone's feelings :-)

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Aug, 2009 05:18 PM

dear sarah, you keep practisin , i wished i had your innocence again... i cant even remember when i had such innocence.. mine was stolen from me.. and i remember life was good before but i cant really remember what i was like before then.. i dont know for some reason you made me think of that..

ole cattle

krmbyoshi

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Aug, 2009 05:45 PM

It goes both ways. Do you practice what you preach?

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Aug, 2009 06:06 PM

dear krm, welcome to the forums.

ole cattle

nube

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Dec, 2009 07:59 AM

Es la misma pregunta que me hago sobre los hombres.

Bien. busco una relacion seria y quiero empezar pronto, pero cuando me escriben o me envian un wink..leo el perfil si me gusta, seguimos en contacto y cuando la amistad empieza a crecer y nos vamos conciendo...podemos deducir si podemos seguir o no con la amistad o si llevamos la amistad al proximo nivel, es decir una relacion o noviazgo.....pero generalmente el caballero desaparece.

yo no contesto a hombres con tatuaje o cabello largo, tampoco contesto si el bebeo fuma. Pero el deseo de tener un esposo esta en mi corazon y es mi oracion cada dia. :waving:

nube

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Dec, 2009 08:11 AM

Hay muchas razones, es cierto que se debe responder cuando envian cartas..yo por cortesia lo hago...la ultima vez me hice novia de un mexicano que le respondi por cortesia...me pidio insistentemente mi numero de celular..se lo d� y me llamo a diario por 8 meses, por eso como a los 3 meses de conocerlo me retir� de la pagina..eramos novios pero le presente a una amiga por solicitud de �l dizque para su hermano y no era ningun hermano..era el mismo. todo el noviazgo fue por telefono yo entiendo que fue de Dios por que todo el tiempo or� a Dios que sacara lo oculto a la luz..y Dios lo hizo. Ahora soy mas cuidadosa y le pido a Dios un hombre serio que quiera una esposa pronto. asi que...sometime las mujeres desaparecemos por que pensamos que quizas el hombre no quiera una relacion seria. en esta pagina conoci hace como muchos meses a un hombre de canada llamado paul..y me pidio correo de los pastores e mi iglesia pero solo queria jugar con los sentimientos. un dia desaparecio y listo...no supe mas de �l. Se debe tener cuidado. yo busco relacion seria nada de juegos.. es triste perder el tiempo...muy triste.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Feb, 2010 01:06 PM

I agree with you lisamichelle.

It can be very frustrating when men (in my case) try to communicate with very vague and empty statements instead of carrying on a "get to know each other" form of dialog. I get bored quickly with those "going nowhere" and I have to confess that I may just stop communicating. I am a busy adult with little time to spend on coversations that go nowhere.

Another problem can be those that don't even respect the polite "I don't think we would make a good match" and continue to persist with winks and messages. Those I will ignore as well.

Just my 2 cents.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Apr, 2010 11:56 PM

Hmmm...there are several good insights to this...And to me, if it is a conscious decision to do this, I think it is just plain rude...It seems to me there almost should be some code of ethics on this, I personally think even if I felt I might hurt his feelings (which I would NEVER want to do) the right thing is to correspond back as soon as time allows, and let him know if it needs to end...politely of course...and as far as spammers----> yes, I was just informed of one of these here- a man that contacted me...so, I am very cautious...

amazinggrace2010

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jul, 2010 03:07 PM

Be careful what you think, your life is shaped by your thoughts. The law of attractions is always around us it is magnetic. It attracts what we think. So next time think about how nice to receive a note from someone and to start a friendship with anyone else.

Page : 1 2