Author Thread: Why do some women disappear?
OurJourney

View Profile
History
Why do some women disappear?
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 07:42 PM

Maybe some of you ladies (and men) can shed a little light on this:

On several dating sites (most recently, this one) I'll write to a woman and ask if she'd like to share a few emails to see what we might have in common, see if we hit it off.

Many times I've gotten a response indicating that she'd like that. Naturally, I get my hopes up. I write her a note asking a few questions and sharing a bit about me. Then I wait... and wait...

After a good week or so, I'll write again... "How are things with you?... still like to hear from you", that type of thing. I wait again...

Nothing! Never hear from her again! It's frustrating. I'd prefer a "sorry, I don't think we're a good match" after the first email. How hard is that?

I'd like to think that as Christians, we'd have enough consideration for other's to shoot out a quick email. It kind of makes it hard to be optimistic about writing to someone new.

So ladies, do guys do this a lot too? And guys, have you had this happen much? Or have I just happened across some "wishy-washy" girls? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 07:51 PM

Yes, guys do it too.

Trust me, it's not you. There have been many posts with males & females asking the same question. I've had it happen a few times. Oh well...just gotta find people that like you for you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 07:59 PM

It happens to me as well and to other women that I have talked to. It's a part of the online dating world. It makes it easier to do that on a place like this where one never has to see the person again, so one doesn't need to give a reason.

kdhny11

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 08:23 PM

I think this has happened to us all and there are several reasons for it.

1). The person is no longer active on the site and so does not even see your messages. Unfortunately, there is no "Last Logged In" indicator here like other sites.

2). The person is afraid of hurting your feelings so just avoids answering altogether.

3). The person is unsure what to say and is waffling between liking you and not liking you, so they do not make a definitive move just yet.

4). The person is testing you to see just how serious you are about them.

5). The person is really a scammer and realizes that you will not fall prey.

6). The person feels that no answer IS a NO answer and thus feels that the communication has effectively ended.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 08:37 PM

dear kdh, hey man you hit it i think..

ole cattle

donpjt

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 08:54 PM

duh, I get so many winks and when I write asking how its going.. no replies.. And I can't understand why.. Well, I don't think that when people wink they do so seriously. Out of most of the people who winked or added me to favorites, very few have responded if I've just sent a short message. Any idea why that happens??

jbc420

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 09:02 PM

Honestly, I couldn't begin to tell you why a woman would send you a wink and when you respond, not follow through.

I wouldn't do that. I think it's only polite to respond to any wink and/or message sent.

I know I've sent a lot of winks and have gotten absolutely no response.

donpjt

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 09:49 PM

yeah, its surprising for me too, and I don't think its anything i my mail either because I just ask how its been going and just introduce myself in a line. Well, I don't respond to all winks, but its only when its from a person from a different country that I don't respond. Or should I be responding to that and be saying a "No thanks"? But I feel bad when saying a no, so I feel its better not to respond. Maybe thats ok.. I hope

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 10:35 PM

don, when i put people in my favorite list is mostly (not all) because there was something in their profile that i liked and i want to remind myself of it. then, when i'm ready, i go to my favs and send emails. i rarely send winks to strangers. i mostly send winks to the ones i've chatted with and grown to know them better. though everyone is different, those are my reasons for putting people on my favs list.

God Bless,

Zoe :angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Aug, 2009 09:58 AM

I can only tell you why I might disappear...

1. The man just doesn't ask questions to give me a good follow through on conversation?

2. The man doesn't answer my questions when I do follow through?

(top two mainly communication issues)

3. The man is too bossy and moving too quick.

4. Any form of disrespect and I am out of there.

Pretty much everything else I will just flat out say "we are not compatible".

~Lisa

OurJourney

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Aug, 2009 04:34 PM

Thank you all for your responses. It's good to know that this happens to everyone. It's also Bad! I don't believe these ladies are scammers and they are still on the site. My letters have been read and I see them online some times. I kinda figured they just changed their minds or lost interest, maybe met someone else.

Oh well - we gotta keep trying! Thanks agian!

Page : 1 2