Author Thread: Self-esteem/respect...
DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Self-esteem/respect...
Posted : 19 Aug, 2009 10:54 PM

How do you gain self-esteem/respect...without losing your humility? A lot of guys/girls have the extreme opposites....either no self-esteem, or the "super ego"(this one is mostly guys:goofball:). It just seems hard to find a balance...any insight?

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Self-esteem/respect...
Posted : 20 Aug, 2009 12:02 AM

by realizing your negative qualities don't outweigh your positive qualities.

Phoebe2

View Profile
History
Self-esteem/respect...
Posted : 20 Aug, 2009 12:03 AM

Interesting topic. There is a huge difference between self -esteem & ego. Selfesteem comes from knowing who u are, your assets as person, accepting the way God created u & what u worth in Christ. This not an extreme.

On the other hand, ego is vain, being self oriented by merely world wisdom. The balance comes when realizing that anything & everything special is HIS gift to us, for there is NOTHING good at all about us without HIM, this fact keeps modesty and humility.

In Him,

Phoebe :glow:

tristan07

View Profile
History
Self-esteem/respect...
Posted : 20 Aug, 2009 11:30 AM

there's actually a post called Humility that just started in the ask a guy section about this very thing, where I answered it. lol

InGodWeTrust63

View Profile
History
Self-esteem/respect...
Posted : 20 Aug, 2009 12:53 PM

Self esteem I believe is an inside job. An over inflated is ego is unattractive to me.

I've gained more self assurance through having an understanding and revelation in the truth of Gods word.

It's also been helpful to me to read good Godly books and of course pray.

Always follow your heart. At the end of the day I have to live with myself.

I think striving to be a better person coupled with self acceptance for who we are sets the stage to keeps us on track.

The bible saids to love one another, but if they don't receive you shake the dust off your feet & move on.

God Speed

InGodWeTrust63

View Profile
History
Self-esteem/respect...
Posted : 20 Aug, 2009 01:01 PM

This is an excellent book:

UNDERSTANDING THE PURPOSE & POWER OF MEN (there's also one for woman).

by: Dr. Myles Munroe

View Profile
History
Self-esteem/respect...
Posted : 20 Aug, 2009 05:04 PM

The problem is that people esteem self higher than God. It's not all about us. Who cares about your best life now? ETERNITY! There's souls to save...

donpjt

View Profile
History
Self-esteem/respect...
Posted : 20 Aug, 2009 05:39 PM

Gosh, I answered the same question in the ask a girl section because someone has asked the same question..

View Profile
History
Self-esteem/respect...
Posted : 20 Aug, 2009 08:18 PM

dear new, welcome to the forums..

ole cattle