Author Thread: "Your such a great guy, that's why I turned you down"
Admin

"Your such a great guy, that's why I turned you down"
Posted : 23 Aug, 2009 01:18 PM

I got that excuse two days ago. And I think that is by far the worst excuse I've ever heard. lol

So.. ladies, what do you have to say about that I want to hear some opinions :P

God Bless

godlymom2

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Aug, 2009 01:36 PM

She's either really bad at coming up with exuses, or she is SERIOUSLY deluded.

Too be honest, I was once in a place where I was that deluded. When I was lost in the world, I, too, turned someone down because he was "too nice". At that time in my life, "nice" translated to "dull" because I unfortunately wanted "excitement" and the "bad boy".

Be patient. There are many women out there that are longing for that genuine, nice guy.

Be Blessed,

~~KT

holmeschick

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Aug, 2009 05:19 PM

Wow, I would never have thought of that excuse. Sounds just like that' what it is too. An excuse.

muggsy517

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Aug, 2009 06:11 PM

Maybe she just is not ready for what ever the "next" step is. Maybe she knows she is not ready for a relationship and does not want to hurt you.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Aug, 2009 07:36 AM

:stop:

xSoldOut4Himx

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Aug, 2009 07:24 PM

Fphive,

I'm obviously not privy to your past conversations with this girl in order to make a sound judgment and I we will never know exactly what she's thinking unless you ask her (not really important at this point). However I'll share this little tidbit that may or may apply to you.

I'm actually going to go back to what godlymom2 said, "bad boys" vs "nice guys"

"Bad Boy" - This is a guys guy he know what he wants. He's cocky, dangerous, and tough. He lives life on the edge and is spontaneous, mysterious (different/interesting). He's cares more about himself, bike or car than others. I'm sure there is more, but unfortunately I'll have to brush up on my "bad boy" descriptions

"Nice guy" - He's indecisive and kind of wimpy when it comes to personality. He is overly attentive/affectionate and is often accused of smothering the girl. While he means well he try's too hard in a relationship and looses some of his identity. He may even take on the "I'm just like one of the girls" role. Ladies I'm sure you can help me more with this.

As a Christ guy I'm shooting for something in the middle! I want to be confident in my relationship Christ and the gifts He's given me. I'm not going to trade in my masculinity and try to be one of her girl friends.

I'm sure I'm missing something, but I figure I'd spur some debate or conversation with this... besides hopefully some of you will fill in the blanks.

Take care and God bless!

xSoldOut4Himx

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Aug, 2009 10:47 PM

LOL.. I get your such a sweet lady thats why we cant be more.. its bull roar. They are really says that they want someone who is exciting to them and you ro I or anyone else in the nice guy / girl catagory is not going to live up to what they need at that time..

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Aug, 2009 05:23 AM

xSoldOut4Himx, the words you used sounds really good from a secular perspective, but I don't think it mirrors true to any Biblically sound doctrine.

You established an assertion of what a "nice guy" is, using society as your standard rather than the Bible. As Christians, we shouldn't be trying to blend in with our society.

I don't like the term "nice guy" either, but there is a Biblical type of manhood that is found in Scripture. As a Christian, you shouldn't be trying to appeal to a carnal society, but following Christ.

I will say that the only reason why most women are drawn to the bad boy is ONE reason. That is because of the effects of sin. In their unregenerate state, all men are radically depraved and are in bondage to their sin. If a woman is truly born again, I don't think she would be looking for any "bad boy" elements that you described. So in all actuality, you shouldn't be trying to cater to a fallen woman's sinful lusts, but rather take control and be a Godly man Biblically, and not compromising holiness for anyone. We have forgotten that salvation is a supernatural work of God, and not a decision of man.

There is a certain thing called confidence, which is more Biblical than a term called "ego", which is man-centered and selfish.

Having said those things, I will say that what you or someone else would define as a "wimpy" guy who respects women and fears God is more of a man according to the Scriptures than a macho brute who lacks humility.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Aug, 2009 01:23 PM

Greetings Fphive!.. I will start off by saying "don't be dismayed" (and it's my sincere prayer, that it didn't hurt your feelings), "but honesty is always the best policy"... For you never want someone that will lead you astray or get your feelings and hopes all up or involved in them, "just to be let down or hurt later (with much more invested)"... Look at it as them doing you a favor and not wasting your time... Because it was probably the only nicest way of them being truthfuly honest, with your best interest at heart (so look at it as a gift from God, because they could have used you up and let you go)... This way; they they seen you for the angel you are and gave you another chance for meeting who God has shaped & molded, "for only you"... Be not dismayed brother Pphive, for your reward awaits you!:yay:

Be blessed in your endevours, and remember to trust in the Lord (for He doesn't make mistakes, "but we as people do")...

:peace:

Sincerely, AnotherChance2

tristan07

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Aug, 2009 08:47 PM

lol, this is too good. sigh.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Aug, 2009 08:49 AM

Wow i am truly amazed at some of the wisdom of these youngsters,legendofthecrucifix,incredible wisdom for someone so young,hang in there kid,you could do great things for Christ,I wish it hadnt taken me so many years to get there,

In christ

Steven

Page : 1 2 3