Author Thread: wich one glorifies god the most?
Admin

wich one glorifies god the most?
Posted : 30 Aug, 2009 06:01 AM

ARMINIAN SPEAKING;gee,Im so glad that I made that decision to follow christ cuz if I hadnt done that I wouldnt be saved,Im really a clever person because I was able to choose god,and my neghbor is not as smart as me,thankyou god for making me smarter than my neighbor so in all of MY great wisdom I was able to see the wisdom in following you!

calvinist speaking:thankYOU lord for opening my eyes oh lord,for without YOUR grace and mercy,i would still be dead in my tresspasses and sin,YOU regenerated my mind,took away my heart of stone,And YOU gave me a heart of flesh,thankYOU oh lord for saving a wretch like me,in JESUS NAME AMEN

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Sep, 2009 01:23 AM

Haha! I don't think you guys understand! There is no way I'm coming around! It is so clear to me...I just wish I had the words to put it all together for you guys. What's funny is that I came into this discussion with a little doubt, but now I have zero doubt. It drove me further into the bible, and I found even more support. Even clearer support. I found the assurance I need to believe I'm on the right path, and I'm learning to make coherent arguments to support it. So watch out, dudes! I've never been less confused about my beliefs than I am right now. It's awesome. So I suppose I should thank you! And I'll let Christ have the win!

:yay::yay:

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Sep, 2009 04:37 PM

so you decided to keep your own little glory in choosing god,that was a wise decision you made their surely god will have a statue of you in heaven for having such a big part in your salvation,after all,if you hadnt made that great decision,god couldnt have saved you!Hes pretty powerful,but just not powerful enough to open dead peoples eyes to his glory,i mean that would take a miracle!LOL

In Christ

Steven

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Sep, 2009 05:51 PM

Haha...well, thats where the points differ. I believe that God influenced my evil heart to make the right choice through His Holy Spirit, through preaching, through people witnessing about God's truth, through my own bible study. And while I believe they both do about the same thing, I think there is a huge difference between God influencing and God forcing. God knows the future so He can plan around the choices He knows we will make...but I don't believe He forces us to make them. And I don't think you see my other point...God is in control of my salvation. He's been offering it freely to everyone. All we have to do is believe in Jesus sacrifice, and we are saved by faith. That is a biblical point. There are many verses that say "saved by grace through faith". I've never believed I earn my own salvation. It's a free gift to everyone. I just have to have faith that it applies to my sin. Thank God.

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Sep, 2009 06:56 PM

dear folks,

mans words here

ARMINIAN SPEAKING;gee,Im so glad that I made that decision to follow christ cuz if I hadnt done that I wouldnt be saved,Im really a clever person because I was able to choose god,and my neghbor is not as smart as me,thankyou god for making me smarter than my neighbor so in all of MY great wisdom I was able to see the wisdom in following you!

calvinist speaking:thankYOU lord for opening my eyes oh lord,for without YOUR grace and mercy,i would still be dead in my tresspasses and sin,YOU regenerated my mind,took away my heart of stone,And YOU gave me a heart of flesh,thankYOU oh lord for saving a wretch like me,in JESUS NAME AMEN

mine here

i am a little disturbed that someone would actually take and make a false prayer for an arminian beliefs . because you are calvinistic put words in there that no arminian believer would ever say to themselves. you make a joke of someones beliefs that are biblically backed up.

the prayer should read ; dear GOD i thanks you so much for drawing me to JESUS .

and i thank you so much for giving me the chance to choose and accept the grace you gave to us all. for all who will believe in you JESUS..i wasnt a special person.. i was totally not worthy of YOUR LOVE and GRACE.. i was living against YOU LORD. but because you died on that cross to cover the sins of everyone who will accept the gift of grace you have given.because of that i am now saved . you died for the world. and we thank you so much for that opportunity to accept the grace you so freely gave... i pray for all peoples who are lost.. that they will all come to know you as well. do help us as we go forth and try to help be used as tools for you to reach the lost and show them how they too can find their salvation through YOU JESUS. as for me i choose life.. and i thank YOU for that... in JESUS precious name i pray amen..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Sep, 2009 05:02 AM

Ole cattle,This was not a joke.This was an exageration to prove a point,this was not done to offend anyone,but to point out the error in their theology,I beleive strongly,that anyone who thinks that their salvation hinges on them ,in any way,is in danger!This was done in love.This technique is used all the time in literature,as a matter of fact,I borrowed this from a great christion author,If this offends you Im sorry,but I will make my points to further the discussion.

In Christ

Steven

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Sep, 2009 05:13 AM

Oh,and ole cattle,of course I realize arminians dont pray like that,Its kind of a shock technique to wake people up to the truth,I really wish you guys could follow the logic.Its the sequence of events Im talking about here.In the arminian sequence,man gets some of the glory because he responds to the call,while his neighbor,or pharoah,or easau,or......doesnt.Why,must have been something special in him that the unresponsive man didnt have.....thus ,glory for the man....its really simple,please dont take offense,its not meant to give any.

In Christ

steven

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Sep, 2009 06:34 AM

dear man, i understand what you was doin.. ya know man doesnt take away from the glory of GOD, just by accepting HIS GRACE.. man gets no glory from that.. man gets humbled by that.. as man realizes he cant save himself.. but that he needs JESUS for that..

but still the grace of GOD is there for all and any who will accept it and believe and ask for forgiveness..

see to me ,where the calvinistic view is i am just so lucky i am one of the chosen few that JESUS died for..

well thats just not right.. cause JESUS died for all men who will believe and accept HIM.. and we also know that the LORD isnt willing that any should perish but yet for all to come to repentance.... GOD wants us all to be saved.. but yet we know not all will accept HIM.. only those who will humble theirselves and accept JESUS as their personal SAVIOR.

2 peter 3: 9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

for GOD so loved the world.. do ya really think GOD loved the world but yet chose only a few to be saved from eternal hell? and turned HIS back on all the others? or do ya recon HE is always right there ready to accept you into the kingdom of heaven if youll just repent and believe and accept JESUS?

ya know it reminds me of the cheerful giver.. as we read about giving.. we see that GOD wants you to give from your heart . willingly and not begrudgingly.. we can read that HE dont make you give.. but yet if you give willingly and not hating that youre giving and expecting anything in return.. well that makes GOD happy..

same way with repenting and accepting salvation.. if HE had to make you accept HIM.. what does that say? no HE wants you to come to HIM as a cheerful giver.. to give HIM all of your love willingly .. from your heart...

but anyways my brother man, it doesnt affect your salvation if you prefer to believe that you were one of the chosen few. or whether you believe as i do that salvation is there for all men if theyll just repent and believe and accept it.. because either way you accepted it.. and thats what really matters..

MAY GLORY BE TO GOD.

ole cattle

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Sep, 2009 06:41 AM

We do have to do something. We must believe to be saved. I see the bible saying that very clearly. We must have faith in Jesus sacrifice. We must call on His name. We must live like Him after we believe, or we will be lost. That is my belief. And I know some of you will say "oo, big man will get a statue in heaven"...but I don't think you understand the definition of the free gift...nothing we do can earn it...it's already free. It's already ours. We just have to have faith that it applies to us. There's no work involved. It's like realizing something exists for the first time. A knowledge of the truth. Just because we finally realize it doesn't mean it creates salvation. It was there already. This is what I think Jesus was trying to tell Nicodemus. We can't see it come or go because it's always there. We just have to believe it's there to be born again. We have to have faith that our salvation exists. Like the first person that realized the world wasn't flat. But after we're saved it does take work. Not because we're trying to earn salvation, but because we're saved and we love God. If we love Him we should keep His commandments. We're supposed to at least give our best effort to walk as Jesus walked. You may call me legalistic, but Christians should love God enough to try to do what He asks. Unfortunately, I do know it's not enough because I fail constantly. But God's grace is sufficient. I just have to stay on the path(have faith). If I trip on a stumbling block, hopefully it will put me on my knees so I'll already be in the position to ask for forgiveness and the strength to get back up. But I've seen many people that have lost their faith. They no longer believe that God can forgive them for what they have done, or they just don't care. So they are lost because they stopped believing.

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Sep, 2009 02:01 AM

Don't Hit That Mark,

For the most part my man, well said.:peace:

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6