Author Thread: why do women say "I want a good man" ?
Raffie

View Profile
History
why do women say "I want a good man" ?
Posted : 26 Jun, 2021 08:01 PM

But most times end up with a bad boy in a disaster relationship.

Is it a mental disorder or something? Seen it more times than I can count.

So, thought I'd ask.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jun, 2021 12:05 AM

Any woman worth her salt is going to want a good man even if she doesn’t say it, I grew up in a household with a good man and look for the same qualities in a potential partner.

Sometimes relationships just don’t work out for many different reasons, it doesn’t mean it was a “disaster” or that the man in question was a “bad boy” I’ve never dated one and don’t see the appeal as I like to be treated well in a relationship…:-)

Chioniso

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jul, 2021 04:53 AM

Disaster falls in if you make rushed decisions. A good man comes from the heart. Outside appearance gives false judgement. I have found that men hides the truth about themselves by rushing into marriages. Ladies just take your time in a friendship before any commitment. Good man are not easy to find.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jul, 2021 12:55 AM

I agree with you wholeheartedly about friendship, I also don’t believe in dating for dating sake. So if and when it becomes clear to me there’s no relationship potential I’m happy to call it a day…:-)

just_a_pk

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Aug, 2021 05:10 AM

They're code words, I've found out, for "I want someone who is wealthy and I don't have to do anything."

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Aug, 2021 10:15 AM

I agree that "I want a good man" is unsufficient to cover what one is looking for. I would never write that myself, as I decided to be more spesific on my profile, without putting the entire list on my profile for everyone to see.

I would think women in a "good man" are looking for both the provider who earns a living for their future family, a faithful and honest man, someone who is kind, smart and interesting to spend time with. Doesn't we all?

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Aug, 2021 04:39 PM

Because abusive men lie and misrepresent themselves. Why do people persist to victim blame?

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Aug, 2021 04:11 AM

Well, let's say as a woman, i want a man that treat me good. Not all good man will treat me good and end up controlling. But, almost all bad man treat women poorly. if that makes sense. If you treat women good. Then, you don't have to be worry. Just being you is enough