Author Thread: hang in there!
Admin

hang in there!
Posted : 18 Sep, 2009 10:40 AM

Just a little word of encouragement to all the serious christians who read this!We are different from the world,so are dating problems can be tricky!I beleive that god likes to fix broken people,so a lot of us are extremely broken in one way or another,(Im broken in too many ways to count)It would really take a good christian women to put up with me!And if I keep going the way im going,I may not have to worry about that!Loneliness is tough,I often pray,god I know you are enough for me,but id also like to have someone with skin please,LOL.So if your lonely....and broken hearted,just remember,your not alone,I would imagine a lot of us are!I know I am,

In Christ

Steven

View Profile
History
hang in there!
Posted : 18 Sep, 2009 01:16 PM

Amen to that! lol I have moments or even months where I am just fine being on my own, but at other times, I get so lonely, my heart just aches and I long for somebody to love and cherish. I always thought that It would just happen the way It does In all those romance movies, but thats Hollywood for ya..thats kinda stuff just doesnt happen In real life! lol Everybody makes It sound so easy to find someone that your compatible with...but It's far from it!

View Profile
History
hang in there!
Posted : 21 Sep, 2009 10:13 AM

dear man, youre right, we are different and we all do have that feeling of lonliness at times. and there is hope. never loose faith ...

ole cattle

TaxMan

View Profile
History
hang in there!
Posted : 21 Sep, 2009 12:42 PM

Man o' God:

It's my belief that people can not be happy with someone else until they learn to be happy with themselves.

HOW does this make sense? I'm honestly not sure. I dont have anything to back it up except for the fact that, after my marriage dissolved, I was distraught, thinking "Well, what about this, what about that, " etc, etc. REALLY wanting someone to fill a void that was there. I think that's about the time that I redoubled my efforts in my faith.

BUT, I've also rekindled my interest in hobbies I had before marriage, learned that life has TONS to offer the single dude (SOME things will always be better with some one else...dont get me wrong..) and been able to save some $$$.

Quality of life improved greatly when I got out of the mind set that I needed someone else to walk me through things.

I'm not saying I prefer to be single. I'm just saying that now that I've come to be so independent, I think I could get even more joy out of a relationship and DEFINITELY less sorrow.

The best to you!!

-David

YANASHA

View Profile
History
hang in there!
Posted : 21 Sep, 2009 02:50 PM

It is funny that so many people who are not single but they are still lonely! I am single and sometimes I fill the same.

Ljp707

View Profile
History
hang in there!
Posted : 21 Sep, 2009 06:45 PM

There have been times in my past when I experienced deep loneliness, and can remember how painful it was. When I was saved 25 years ago I gave up a signficant relationship with a man because he was not saved. Before that time I had been reliant on this relationship to fulfill me�my joy went up or down depending on how things were going between us. I elevated this relationship to a place in my heart that only God is worthy of. It was very painful to break up; he was everything I had wanted. It�s probably a good thing I didn�t know I would still be single 25 years later! :ROFL: It was a process, but looking back I'm so grateful God didn't allow me to marry this man. Thank You, Jesus!

Hang on brother and sisters. Our God will not withold any GOOD thing from us.

PS- Lest anyone say, "Why then is she still single if God doesn't withold any good thing from us?" It's been good! And should I stay single or get married, it will be good! I am seeing a new move of God and am so excited about it!

View Profile
History
hang in there!
Posted : 21 Sep, 2009 07:55 PM

dont just hang in there...do something!

We are Gods handiwork, He is molding us, and He knows what is best for us. But life is a process of learning and mastering good stewardship... If you are a child of God, do you think the Father will give you something and not have you account for it? Having a wife or a husband is not a small matter..it is about His life in a person.

Being single or to be single again is an opportunity it is not a liability

Yes it is sometimes lonely but it is not lonely all the way. as taxman posted.. look at the other things that you can do now while being single again... being single, you have the opportunity to save money, travel, study again, involve in a ministry, attend seminars,

do volunteer jobs, learn how to dance,learn how to play musical instruments, personal grooming ..etc..etc. do the things that you wanted to do but was not able to because you were married and had different priorities.

Of course, there are also many things that is fun to do with that someone special.

I was once so in love and was married before but i am happier and more productive in many ways when i become single again.

Yes, dont forget to smile always ...

View Profile
History
hang in there!
Posted : 22 Sep, 2009 03:36 PM

A smile is essential!!

Better to be lonely and single than lonely in a failing marriage.

I've been deeply moved at the words of wisdom offered by friends that seem to materialize from out of the blue. Divine appointments?

I think, yes.

P

View Profile
History
hang in there!
Posted : 22 Sep, 2009 06:04 PM

dear yanasha, taxman,and poochie and aya, welcome to the forums..

ole cattle

TaxMan

View Profile
History
hang in there!
Posted : 23 Sep, 2009 10:19 AM

Hey! I agree with aya507!!

Maybe I should read before I submit these things. I'll make a mental note, for whatever that's worth.

Go do all the things you know you SHOULD have been doing in your relationship..the things that make life rich and full of fun..but you put aside because you focused on the relationships.

In my mind, a good relationship isnt like building a sand castle in the surf, taking constant prodding and attention.

It's more like..reading glasses! Yes, glasses indeed. You hardly notice it's there, but it makes everything you do better!

Ok, ok..So I was making those similes up as I went along and YES, if you remove the glasses, good luck doing anything at all. Sheesh..I'm tired!

Anyhow. It's the thought that counts: And I'm sticking with that. :)

-David

PS: Thanks for the welcome!

tristan07

View Profile
History
hang in there!
Posted : 23 Sep, 2009 02:51 PM

As I always say,

There are many hurt and broken things out there, laying about in misery, waiting for their prince charming, or their princess. Healing is not found without, it's found within. Desperation draws the wrong people at the wrong time, loneliness makes us lay quick claim to them.

Page : 1 2