Author Thread: Ive Kissed Dating Goodbye...
Fireprooof^

View Profile
History
Ive Kissed Dating Goodbye...
Posted : 24 Apr, 2022 11:39 PM

...is a really good book. Regardless of what happened to the author, the message of this book has saved generations of people from the failures of dating.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 May, 2022 12:33 AM

I had no idea about the book or author so had a look on Google, a classic case of the blind leading the blind & why we need to fix our eyes on Jesus…

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 May, 2022 06:51 AM

I read it so many years ago. Didn't help me or any of my friends as it is hard to decide to quit dating when I already live in a country who doesn't know how to date.

I found the book now when I relocated, and donated it to a second hand charity shop. I also have a date tomorrow, so I think I failed.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 May, 2022 07:42 AM

Dating is how a woman gets to know a Man before any serious relationship!

Many people online are not looking to date just online.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Aug, 2022 02:06 PM

Chatting online whether its several times a day or once a month is NOT dating. I am amazed how many people think they "know" the person they are talking to online - they are planning their future with a person they have never met. OR perhaps a 2-3 day meeting when one of them flew into an airport, hug, dinner out, stay overnight, flowers. took a walk through a museum and got a goodbye kiss at aforesaid airport. No. That is not dating...so you have kissed dating goodbye without ever doing it in the first place.

Fireprooof^

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Dec, 2022 07:48 AM

Dating is the easy part. The emotional baggage of uncommitted sex and time wasted on many dates...are some of the many failures of dating.

One of the key messages of the book is fixing your eyes on Jesus. Ironically, the book captures the thoughts of people who are already successful in dating...yet showing a Biblical approach that leads to a lifelong healthy marriage.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Dec, 2022 08:15 AM

The author of the book has openly apologised for all the harm, grief, and disappointment that his book (and the ideas it spread) has caused.

He has admitted that he was very young, inexperienced and naive when he acted as if he was in a position to tell others how to conduct their lives.

Meeting someone is already hard enough, and I have heard heartbreaking testimonies how this book finally killed all there hopes of ever forming a healthy relationship with anyone. Knots in the stomach, anxiety and panic, shame and endless fear of making a mistake are just some of the symptoms that people have shared.

My parents and their generations - and generation even after them - knew how to meet and get to know someone without premarital sex. It is normal Christian ethics, no need to add any extra rules and burdens.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Dec, 2022 08:19 AM

In short, this book did nothing to help people to form respectful, genuine friendships who might eventually develop into something more.

Very few churches actually know how to foster those healthy enviroments that would encourage such interaction between brothers and sisters.

I am grateful I have known a few Christian men in my life who broke the mould and actually were able to be that brother figure, showing Christ-like love to me.

John316verse^

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Dec, 2022 09:35 AM

Surely, people with successful testimonies would not come back to this site for this kind of discussion. Just simply stating that many people benefited from the book.

Defending the book or the author is not the intention. The purpose of the post is to encourage and point to Jesus as the best provider of a spouse ..not dating.

Will leave it at that.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Dec, 2022 09:51 AM

Any people who you personally know who benefitted from Harris' book?

If you are against any form of 'dating', why are you here?

NarnianGirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Dec, 2022 10:00 AM

As someone who never 'dated' in my life, I'm going to be grateful and give the opportunity a big fat kiss, should God ever open that door..

Page : 1 2