Author Thread: Same sex attraction
Confessional1689er

View Profile
History
Same sex attraction
Posted : 15 Feb, 2023 11:27 AM

Hi all. I wish I could post this anonymously, but oh well such as it is. I don't know how to even explain this or where to start... But like there are things that I can't get off my mind. Like I'm not physically or romantically attracted to guys, but there's other things I think about that I can't really share here and it's really bothering me. Anyway it's a daily struggle. Anyone else ever struggled in this way?

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Same sex attraction
Posted : 16 Feb, 2023 04:03 AM

Every single person has a humanly IMPOSSIBLE struggle with sin.

But the only way to master sin (ie in a way that glorifies God) is through Jesus Christ.

I know that may sound impossible, maybe even trite. You’ve probably heard it before, perhaps many time before. I’m not trying to minimize the intensity of your struggle.

At the same time here’s an opportunity for you.

First thing: Truly seek God and his holiness—with all your heart. Act as if your life depends on knowing God—because it does‼️

Seeking God with all your heart and striving to know him and his ways is a serous commitment and a hardship.

Repent of >>every thought<< that contradicts the holiness of God.

🔴My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise” (Psalm 51:17).

This is just the start.

WonderZzzz^

View Profile
History
Same sex attraction
Posted : 14 Mar, 2023 09:22 AM

Bible on same sex :

Leviticus 18:22 . Romans 1:24-27 . 2nd Peter 2:1-13 . Jude 1:7 . Genesis 19:1-29 ( Sodom and Gomorrah ).

Procreate^

View Profile
History
Same sex attraction
Posted : 11 Apr, 2023 10:52 PM

James 5:16

FDCWillard^

View Profile
History
Same sex attraction
Posted : 15 Aug, 2023 06:10 AM

Here is the thing everyone is scared to admit. Anyone except for a few exceptions is susceptible to any deviant behaviour given the right circumstances. I can't give advice on how to remove it because I have my own problems with a different deviance that I can only think would be removed by a loving relationship with a spouse over a period of time and lots of honest effort...but I have yet to manage that myself.

I can say however it is helpful to identify why you have this attraction because it did not just happen, something caused it. It was jarring to discover why I am attracted to what I am attracted to... and why I hate the idea of it more than I actually hate it for itself.