Author Thread: Do you think I should contact him once more or let it go?
HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Do you think I should contact him once more or let it go?
Posted : 21 Feb, 2023 08:27 PM

I met a guy on here and we had been talking on and off for about one and a half years. We clicked pretty well and he lives out of state. His pictures looked good but some he looked kind of depressed/worried. He claimed he flirted with me first but he said he was shocked that I saw him as more than a friend. He claimed that he sounded like a depressed downer and he was surprised I liked him after that. He said that when we would talk, he thought I saw him as a friend.

Then later he said he never flirted with me and he used this as a defense mechanism and said he didn't want to lose me. The whole thing got weird. He kept saying I sounded serious through text message like my personality which I am not serious. I like to laugh and I am friendly but again he didn't want to fall for me I guess in case things didn't work out. When I would get mad over text, he would constantly want to resolve the issue.

He said he wanted to meet around my work schedule like before and after. He kept asking me what I wanted to do but didn't plan any activities, just kept asking me. This December, he finally came to meet me in California for about three days. We went out to lunch twice and walked around a lot in the city. He was really nice and I did enjoy his company.

During the meeting, he didn't talk to me like almost at all. He was super quiet. I was the one that was always asking questions. He wanted to meet at a park at night which I declined but I said I would meet him the next day. He gave me a Christmas gift and card and I gave him something too.

When he got back, I noticed he wasn't texting me so I said hope you had a safe trip back. No response. I then said Merry Christmas I liked my gifts after Christmas a little and he took 10 days to text me back and said sorry I was busy glad you liked them. Then I texted and again a week passed and he wasnt responding so I got mad and said I don't go for boring, married scammers anyways. And he said he forgave me for calling him boring but said he was not married or a scammer. I replied and even apologized on this app we have but I deleted and reinstalled it. I notice he still has the app and is not blocked.

Should I just send a friendly message or just let this go?

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Feb, 2023 05:43 AM

HazelEyes, may I assume that you believe in and love Jesus Christ and that he is your Lord and Savior?

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Feb, 2023 05:54 AM

May I respectfully ask because I might give advice to a Christian that may differ from the advice I would share with someone who is not a Christian.

I tried checking your profile for an answer to the question I’m posing to you but the only thing you mentioned about religion was that you sometimes attend a Catholic Church.

Please forgive me if my request asking if you are a Christian is too personal

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Feb, 2023 10:10 AM

I'm Catholic and yes of course I believe in God

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Feb, 2023 10:51 AM

Thank you for your short answer, I’m glad you weren’t offended with me asking about your salvation

Some people on here get offended when asked if they are a Christian or even if they are asked to describe their faith.

HazelEyes, would you answer one or two other questions?All my questions are intended to be asked respectfully and l want to ask them in a way that is respectful to you as a person of whom God loves and cares for.

My first question is this: what did Jesus mean when he said this in Matthew 7:21 ? “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Making sure you’re in the faith

This verse provides more context. Matthew 7:22Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’

23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness!’

These people obviously “believed” in God and even called Jesus their “Lord” but they did not obey him. Instead they did things that displeased him, they were lawless, (disobedient to the laws of Jesus).

Last question: what do you believe Paul meant when he said these gravely serious words in 2 Corinthians 13:5?

“Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?”

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Feb, 2023 12:44 PM

Thank you for your beautiful scripture. I'm not quite sure still what I should do about this though

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Feb, 2023 01:37 PM

If that msn is on here, and you talked a Year and half before he came to meet, your meeting should have gone better.

In My opinion

If you have more concerns, just contact him. He's on your mind and you need to move on if he's not a possible good match.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Feb, 2023 01:41 PM

I met men online in person but everything was planned out Before they came to my city.

No one from CDFF.

Some men run from commitment. Exclusive relationships.

But I'm older and not looking for "marriage" .

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Mar, 2023 10:12 PM

Hazel , my opinion is to just let it go. you actually got to meet him and spend some time. It sounds like he was not very conversational and you would have liked more talking. But you were seeing what he is really like. He also was evaluating you. Perhaps he is looking for a different personality. I would consider it a good thing you got to meet in person, because most people here don't get that opportunity. Now its time to move on. If he wants to write you, he will. Pray seriously to be able to clear him out of your mind and move on.

Abhorbeingsingle

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2023 10:54 PM

I uh, hate to say this, but it sounds like something I saw a reply video on youtube for.

Anyway based on what you are saying, It sounds like he may have some personal issues he needs to work on, or perhaps he is not interested anymore. I would suggest just letting go and moving on at this point.

Their are just some people you have to walk away from.