Author Thread: Guys never show interest in me, what could be the reason
HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Guys never show interest in me, what could be the reason
Posted : 18 May, 2023 10:16 PM

Lately, I've been pondering why no guys ever approach or like me. So far, I was talking to someone online and we met but he ended up ghosting me afterward. Also, I had a man approach me for a hookup which I do not do.

I am looking for a boyfriend and I see all types of women with boyfriends. I never get approached by any men nor do I even attract guy friends. Even a nice guy I could talk to would be good. I'm beginning to think I am unattractive or something like below a 5. I dress nicely at home and at work and wear minimal makeup (eyeliner, mascara, a little concealer, and lip color).

In high school I even had a few guy friends or people interested in me but now nothing.

I believe most people would describe me as friendly, easy to talk to, can be funny, smart, etc. and have lots of interests. Usually, guys will most likely completely ignore me or I will try to talk to them but they end up walking away after making a few comments.

It's just so strange because I wish I can have someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

dredd^

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jul, 2023 02:33 AM

> I agree with most of the points you listed but disagree with the 30 year thing competing against the 23 year old.

Due respect, your disagreement is not very relevant. Generally speaking, and all else being equal, if you had to compete against a younger version of yourself, your younger version would win.

> I've gotten waaay more men interested in me now than at 23.

You misunderstand. Just because a man pays attention to you doesn't mean he wants to make you his wife. If I were wrong on that, you wouldn't need to be here... right? Generally speaking, women don't tend to have problems *finding* a man... they tend to have problems *keeping* the man they found.

Best wishes.

dredd^

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jul, 2023 02:50 AM

Sorry, I hadn't seen the above reply before posting my last one. Had only seen the last post on page 3.

> Lately, I've been pondering why no guys ever approach or like me. So far, I was talking to someone online and we met but he ended up ghosting me afterward. Also, I had a man approach me for a hookup which I do not do.

This is consistent with my previous points.

> I am looking for a boyfriend and I see all types of women with boyfriends. I never get approached by any men nor do I even attract guy friends.

Perhaps you don't attract the guys that *you* want, but most women tend to have at least one guy in their "friend-zone" that they refuse to pay attention to.

> Even a nice guy I could talk to would be good.

This is what women *say* they want, but this is not what they *actually* find attractive and go for.

> In high school I even had a few guy friends or people interested in me but now nothing.

Like I said, your younger self tends to win against your present self. There're a lot of other factors. For example, I don't approach women in this kind of context at work, b/c that's just a possible H.R. complaint waiting to happen, at a minimum. (Thank feminism, #MeToo, and #BelieveAllWomen for this kind of situation.)

> I believe most people would describe me as friendly, easy to talk to, can be funny, smart, etc. and have lots of interests. Usually, guys will most likely completely ignore me or I will try to talk to them but they end up walking away after making a few comments.

Maybe they're not necessarily interested in dating at all (see below).

> It's just so strange because I wish I can have someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

From what you're saying, there's nothing particularly "wrong" that I can point out -not objectively. I think you have to also realize that a lot of men are quitting the dating scene, mainly due to how most women have destroyed themselves with feminism, but also due to biased laws, and so on.

For example, did you know that 48-52% of marriages end in divorce? Did you know ~70% of divorces are initiated by women -often b/c they're "bored"? Did you know that men tend to lose most of the things they've worked to build for at least half their lives (e.g. house, savings, retirements, etc)? Did you know that, when there're kids, ~90% of the time women get the kids and men are just treated as ATMs? I think you need to realize that reality is very different to what you may believe it is... for men, marriage is a *huge* risk; for women, marriage is a retirement plan.

You need to understand what men want/need and show that you can fill those wants/needs -i.e. show that you bring something to the table besides your looks. For example, I don't know anything about you, but *IF* you're a bossy, masculine, argumentative and/or uncooperative woman, men won't be attracted to that. A lot of women also tend to think they're "settling down"... which causes them to resent, and/or be disrespectful towards, the men *they* chose -b/c in their minds, they think they deserved soooo much "better". Just look at podcasts where women today get interviewed regarding their "standards" and what they think of men.. by and large, we men get treated as disposable... by society, by women, etc. You shouldn't be surprised when men have had enough and refuse to play the game.

austin93a^

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jul, 2023 08:16 AM

@ HazelEyesSparkle

I looked at your profile and posts and i'm going to be blunt. If a guy straight up said he likes you I get the feeling that you'd still wonder if he likes you.

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Aug, 2023 07:42 PM

Thank you for further explaining, I appreciate that you went into depth

austin93a^

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Aug, 2023 01:39 PM

I offered to go into detail but you didn't want to talk...

starksiron

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Dec, 2023 06:21 PM

Maybe some guys are intimidated to you because you are a good looking person. How can you say you are unattractive? What is your choice?

Page : 1 2 3 4