Author Thread: What is the effect of Womens Liberation movement on christian men?
Jully230381

View Profile
History
What is the effect of Womens Liberation movement on christian men?
Posted : 29 May, 2023 06:24 AM

hello to the godly men out there.. this is something that I have been meaning to ask in a focus group discussion

and might as well try it here incognito..

I am all for womens liberation, equality and equity movement.. however, are we asking the question how this affects men and their leadership (especially in the family set up).

hoping to hear back from both men and women about this.

cheers!

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 May, 2023 07:17 PM

Lots of

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 May, 2023 07:19 PM

Lots of . Yet scripture does not change.

Cuzzie

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jul, 2023 07:45 PM

It depends on the definition of equality. What was being fought for back in my parents time was genuine equality. Equal pay for same job, and I'm 100% for that. If you look (in our country anyway) at what is being sought now, it is in my opinion beyond true equality. As far as relationships are concerned God gave us the guidelines to go by in the Bible. His ways are higher than ours and his thoughts higher. He is all knowing and a perfect and loving father, so we know we can trust his ways as the best way.

So what effect does it have on Christian men? As singles looking for a partner... in some way not much because you still get to choose who you marry. There just may be fewer to choose from in our culture which is why many are looking at women from other more traditional countries now.

At the end of the day if we(both sexes) seek God first and do our best to live by what he says in Bible, including in relationships, then we are more likely to attract the kind of Godly spouse we are seeking.

As far as marriage is concerned. Allowing him to be the head does not disempower the wife, for 2 reasons. 1: You are the one choosing it. Its your choice not his. 2: As a married couple you are 2 people coming together as one. So he is now a part of you and you are a part of him. So by loving, respecting, esteeming, each other (both ways) you are in some ways also doing it to yourself. Particularly when it lines up with scripture.

Now as far a s guys are concerned we need to be willing to take the responsibility that comes with leadership. ..Men love your wives as Christ loves the church, willing to lay down your lives for her. Its not a free ride and we need to take our part seriously too, that will in turn make it easier for her to allow you to be the head of the home.

Michael4317

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jul, 2023 08:44 PM

One effect of women's liberation is essentially doubling the workforce, and in the long run making it more difficult for women who want to be SAHM's as men are less able to support a family on one income.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jul, 2023 06:45 AM

Women haven't been living on one income for Decades.

Women have worked and many made for them Men .

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jul, 2023 06:46 AM

" made More than Men "

edited

thatguy93a^

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jul, 2023 01:51 PM

and the men that make enough for a woman to be a sahm are seen as undesirable 😞

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Aug, 2023 08:32 AM

Women's liberation or rather feminism is not about equality.

It's Satan inspired and meant to divide Men & women and destroy the sanctity of marriage and the family.

There's one major reason why Men are supposed to be the head of the woman and that is women are much more susceptible to manipulation from outside forces. Eve's a great example of that.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2023 10:20 AM

That’s not true no man becomes undesirable because he earns enough for a woman to stay at home & care for children. I stayed at home when my children were babies because my ex had a very good job & I could …:-)

Looing4the1^

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Nov, 2023 05:49 AM

i lived through the woman's liberation movement, the burning of the bra movement as it was titled. with respect to your question and some of you statement. God has said many places in the Bible that woman are not equal to men, they are different. in general the Bible states that the woman is to follow the man, and the man is the head of the household, and would be the relationship until married. the Bible even goes as far as stating the a woman should not have authority over a man. i am deliberately not offering the specific Bible verses, because the best way to learn is to do the work to find the answers. i do not want to fish for you, but i have shown you the information needed to catch the fish.

worst thing to ever happen to Christianity, / Religion, and a downfall of relationships and the huge uptick in divorce and failed relationships since the women's liberation movement.

Page : 1 2 3