Author Thread: Sharing our testimony and faith
Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Sharing our testimony and faith
Posted : 3 Jul, 2023 05:31 PM

The Scriptures i'm going to base this topic are Acts 22-26 and 1 Tim 1:12-17. What does sharing our testimony and faith look like in real life? It means sharing our story of what Jesus has done in our lives and sharing our faith boldly in wisdom and love and asking them if they want to come to Jesus Christ and be discipled without forcing them to. Here my testimony on how i came to Jesus Christ and what He has taught me: I was raised in the Assembly of God church and was diagnosed with at age 3. I came to Christ at age 6 at Oak Creek Assembly of God on March 28, 1988. I was in sunday school and royal rangers. I was in special education in the Milwaukee Public School System. My mother was a believer and my dad wasn't until later in life. My family and i moved to Lancaster, WI to continue my Education. I got baptized at age 14 and recieved the Baptism of the Holy Spirit at Boscobel A/G in 1996. My family background was very messy and i became more serious about my Christian Faith at age 16. After my graduation my mother and dad separated and my mother and i were very judgmental towards him. My mother and i moved to Platteville to get away from him and for me to get into youth ministry and take correspondence courses through Global University. That didn't work out and the LORD called me to street evangelism ministry but i made some horrible mistakes like getting heavily involved in politics and argued about politics and Christianity and ended up in Cornerstone group homes and was diagnosed with bipolar. I ended up living with my mother for 3 years and moved to Fennimore in 2009 and made some mistakes along the way like putting myself in positions of authority i didn't belong in the churches and preaching in businesses and got kicked out of Timothy's resturaunt and got treated wrongfully by the churches on account of my Asperger's syndrome, bipolar and my ministry on the streets. What have i learned through all this? That you can't force people to change but rather ask questions whether they want to hear the gospel or not and recieve Christ into their heart or not, repent of my failings daily, allow Jesus to heal my broken heart and past, be content with my present blessings and i don't know everything only God does according to Scripture. What is your testimony? I pray that this teaching will inspire us as Born-Again Christians to share our testimony and faith with boldness, wisdom and love in Jesus name.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jul, 2023 04:40 AM

Evangelist

Thank you for sharing your personal testimony.

Show you are sincere man of God and how you have grown you your Faith in Jesus and you are pressing forward in the Work God called you to do.

I was saved at 14 and st times I remember many things that go in my way of growing in my Faith.

I will not disclose on this forum.

Later I got baptized with Holy Spirit.

Too many " so called" christians are not real Born again.

They don't know the Bible either.

World needs Jesus!!

Sad

🙏

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jul, 2023 03:48 PM

Thanks for your post, Moonlight7. The LORD has just shown me today that i need to be the man who is a humble and confident servant leader that He wants me to be so He can provide a mature Christian wife from the United States to assist me with my ministry and Christian companionship within a Christ-centered marriage. PRAISE THE LORD HE'S PREPARING ME FAST.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jul, 2023 05:17 PM

Congratulations SE‼️‼️‼️😃

You are in the process of “sanctification”‼️‼️‼️

Philippians 1:6 New International Version

being 👉👉confident👈👈 of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it 👉👉on to completion👈👈until the day of Christ Jesus.

But beware of IGNORANT “Christians” who will tell you they have no more struggle with sin or no more trials since becoming a Christian‼️‼️‼️

Other IGNORANT “Christians” might tell you that you lost your salvation if you fight sin. But see Romans 7 for encouragement and don’t listen to ignorance

False teacher Joyce Meyers claims she doesn’t sin anymore

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jul, 2023 05:28 PM

Praise the LORD for your post littledavid. We all as Christians will struggle with sin until we go home to be with the LORD or until the church gets raptured, whatever comes first. Galatians 5:16-26 illustrates this point too. But we can have victory over our sin in Jesus name daily, Hallelujah!!! Romans 6 and 7 illustrate this point also.

thatguy93a^

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jul, 2023 05:29 PM

what should you do if your testimony would only drive people away from god? my life sucks and every time i call upon god it only gets worse.

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jul, 2023 05:41 PM

Thatguy93a all we can do is plant the seeds of the gospel and leave the rest in the Holy Spirit's hands and let people make that choice if they want to recieve Christ into their hearts. Nobody can change other people's hearts, the only one we can control is ourselves, the Bible says so and i've learned this from personal experience. We are called to love everyone in Jesus' name but hate their sin. And we are to leave the judging up to God, we are not to judge individuals as people, that is playing God and playing into the devil's hands and turns people away from Jesus. Does this help my brother in the LORD? I pray so in Jesus name.

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jul, 2023 06:51 PM

The LORD has shown me again today that i can't be a self-centered man for this won't work in my ministry and marriage with my future wife from the United States but rather destroy it but ask Him to be a more Christ-centered and others'-centered man with God's help. Praise the LORD that He has shown me this through Trish at the Prayz network, my mother and Him personally so i can ready for my future wife from the United States. It's not very pleasant but necessary.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jul, 2023 09:53 PM

Streetevangelist

You don't have Arrogance like some .

They not Spirit filled.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jul, 2023 11:58 PM

Beware of those who can’t tell the difference between the REAL Holy Spirit and the UNholy spirit‼️‼️‼️

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jul, 2023 05:47 AM

Ask Jesus for Wisdom. LD

Holy Spirit needs no defending when you are Lead by Him.

Page : 1 2