Author Thread: Blessed are those who HUNGER and THIRST after RIGHTEOUSNESS
Dom_64

View Profile
History
Blessed are those who HUNGER and THIRST after RIGHTEOUSNESS
Posted : 4 Jul, 2023 05:14 PM

Matthew 5:6, Blessed are those who 👉👉hunger👈👈and 👉👉thirst for 👉👉righteousness👈👈, for they will BE FILLED.

John 6:35 “And Jesus said unto them, I am the BREAD OF LIFE: he that cometh to me SHALL NEVER HUNGER; and he that believeth on me SHALL NEVER THIRST. ”

Those who have been saved by the hyper grace of God by faith in Jesus have received the FREE gift of the IMPUTED righteousness of God.

All born again believers of the gospel HAVE BEEN FILLED and NO LONGER hunger and thirst for righteousness because we have received His righteousness.

Unbelievers are still hungry and thirsty and are trying fill themselves with their own righteousness.

Rom 5:17 ...much more they which receive ABUNDANCE OF GRACE and of the GIFT OF RIGHTOUSNESS shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jul, 2023 05:29 PM

There’s my favorite DOM‼️‼️‼️‼️🤣😂😇

Thanks for providing a very teachable moment‼️‼️‼️

As nicely as I can say this: “you’re still confused”‼️‼️🤩

Besides ripping verses out of context, (as usual), now you devised a new doctrine. And as usual, not found in the Bible.

Suddenly, as only my favorite DOM could create it: Blessed are the unbelievers‼️‼️‼️ 😂😂😂😅😅🤣🤣😇

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jul, 2023 05:32 PM

DOM I’m going to make this easy for you.

Just one question per post.

FIRST: Where in the Bible is it said: UNBELIEVERS thirst after righteousness⁉️⁉️

Dom_64

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jul, 2023 05:41 PM

Pay attention LittleD.

Paul speaking about unbelieving Isreal says,

Rom 10:3  For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their OWN righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. 

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jul, 2023 05:53 PM

Wrong again!! The Scriptures say Dom that when we recieve Jesus Christ into our hearts that we have that desire to hunger and thrist after righteousness put into our hearts. Unbelievers don't have that desire in them because of their fallen sin nature, that is their default nature that revert back to. Read the Scriptures for yourself in context and don't just take my word for it. Don't allow yourself to be decieved by the devil!!!

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jul, 2023 06:00 PM

DOM says: Those who have been saved by the hyper grace of God by faith in Jesus have received the FREE gift of the IMPUTED righteousness of God.END FIRST DOM QUOTE

LD reply: Quite true‼️‼️ Like most false teachings, there’s always a grain of truth in it.

It’s true we have been saved when God transferred our sin onto Jesus who has taken it to the cross to satisfy God’s wrath.

God then takes his own righteousness, (Jesus perfect holy life lived on earth in perfect obedience to God), and clothes us with it. So yes, our new nature has been born. Our sins have been forgiven. BUT our new nature is still incarcerated in our old sinful nature‼️‼️‼️(See the fight in Romans 7)

SECOND DOM QUOTE: “All born again believers of the gospel HAVE BEEN FILLED and NO LONGER hunger and thirst for righteousness because we have received His righteousness.” END SECOND DOM QUOTE

LD reply: Quite false‼️ Believers who love God thirst and hunger after his righteousness and are thus filled. But DOM, has once again confused the kind of righteousness defined in separate contexts. This is because she has a habit of ignoring contexts. Yes we have an “imputed righteousness” but we must still study the Bible as we grow in that righteousness.

DOM has committed a common error of assuming the definition of a word remains constant regardless of context.

3rd DOM QUOTE: Unbelievers are still hungry and thirsty and are trying fill themselves with their own righteousness.END DOM QUOTE

LD reply: it’s true unbelievers tend to assert their own righteousness. This is what Pharisee legalism is all about. But once again, DOM has missed the original context and has shifted to another by creating her own extra-biblical narrative.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jul, 2023 06:05 PM

Preach it StreetEvangelist, you got it ‼️‼️‼️‼️

Dom_64

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jul, 2023 06:14 PM

LD reply: Quite false‼️ Believers who love God thirst and hunger after his righteousness and are thus filled. But DOM, has once again confused the kind of righteousness defined in separate contexts. This is because she has a habit of ignoring contexts. Yes we have an “imputed righteousness” but we must still study the Bible as we grow in that righteousness.

So, Little D, believers ARE FILLED when they hunger and thirst for HIS (imputed)righteousness? Isn't that what I said? Filled with what? The Bread of Life?

I think you are confusing desire to live holy with the gift of holiness.

Then you said, " Yes we have an “imputed righteousness” but we must still study the Bible as we grow in that righteousness."

How do you grow into something that you already have?

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jul, 2023 06:16 PM

Praise the LORD LittleDavid!!!

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jul, 2023 06:19 PM

DOM SAYS: Pay attention LittleD.

Paul speaking about unbelieving Isreal says,

Rom 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their OWN righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. END DOM QUOTE

LD reply: are you still taking lessons from Halo Harry⁉️⁉️

If so, perhaps you could pass this on to him.

You can’t just rip the Romans 10:3 verse out of context and plant it in just any-0-place in the Bible you so desire.

Romans 10:3 is clearly about self-righteous Israel. They are not thirsting and hungering after the righteousness of God.

Jesus is not speaking about rebellious Isreal hungering and thirsting after the righteousness of God‼️‼️‼️

Paul just made the distinction clear but you missed it again‼️‼️‼️ Like I said several times before, somehow the obvious always seems to escape you

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jul, 2023 06:25 PM

Amen to that, LITTLEDAVID.

Page : 1 2 3