Author Thread: Controlling your Emotions and Desires Preserves your Christian Witness and Testimony
Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Controlling your Emotions and Desires Preserves your Christian Witness and Testimony
Posted : 29 Jul, 2023 06:27 PM

The Scriptures i'm going to use for this discussion is Galatians 5:16-26; Romans 12:9-21; Ephesians 4:17-32 and Titus 3:11-15. Why does controlling our emotions and desires preserve our Christian witness and testimony? Because it gives Jesus and Christians a good name. We as Born-Again Christians are called to be different from the world inside and outside the church in our words and actions. Failure to do so will only destroy it. I admit that i need to improve in these areas in my own life in controlling my emotions and desires. I have learned the hard way if you let your emotions and desires run you instead of you controlling them that it only brings down curses and destruction on yourself and others and destroys your Christian witness and testimony and i regret that. But thank God for His grace and mercy and chances to confess and repent daily in these areas. But it's best to learn from other people's mistakes in the Bible, other people's mistakes in real life and your own life last. We all as Christians need to think before we speak and act. This topic is bringing the conviction of the Holy Spirit upon me and i pray it does too for all of us.

Contented_

View Profile
History
Controlling your Emotions and Desires Preserves your Christian Witness and Testimony
Posted : 29 Jul, 2023 06:42 PM

Excellent !!

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jul, 2023 05:41 AM

I agree with Contented, that’s a very EXCELLENT reminder‼️‼️

So many times through the years l have let my emotions get the best of me. I’ve flown off the handle and blurted out or posted things I would later regret. But ALAS, the words had already done their damage.

It’s better to take an insult for the sake of Jesus than to return a sinful insult and then suffer the consequences of a pounding conscience and the guilt of wrongdoing.

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jul, 2023 04:49 PM

Thanks for your posts Contented and LittleDavid. James 5:16 says that we are to confess our faults to one and pray for one another that we may be healed. I admit that i'm a bigtime major controller in my type a choleric personality and disability and it has brought down curses and destruction on myself and others on account of this and i need God's help to overcome this on a daily basis and learn to surrender everything to Jesus. I know this ain't going to go very far with my future wife in our ministry, marriage and family now and in the future. Praise the LORD for His mercy and grace with all of us or we would all be in hell right now!!